Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast

Thread: 狂少's CDT-tweak

Team KOC2.com
    very interesting tweak.... i might wanna give it a try..

E8600 Q820A750
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R - Abit IX38 QuadGT - Asus P5B Deluxe - Biostar TP45 HP
    Team Xtreem PC-5300 C3 2GB - Crucial 10th Anniversary 2GB - Team Xtreem PC8500 C5 2GB
    Winfast 8600GT
    Silverstone Olympia 1000w
    andre X_X -72c CO2 Cascade

My R22/CO2 Cascade Project

Can anyone say how much improvement over classical copy waza tweak you get by doing it this way? Cause I think that it will be close to zero

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    All I see in pictures uploaded from different persons that have tested it, is a "COPY WAZA" gain and nothing more....
    Could someone please test it like below:

a. without any "software tweaks" (windows tweaks) - put only ramtimmings etc. (I mean, DO LargeSystemCache=1 and Priority=Very high for Super-Pi and things like that but without CopyWaza and things like that.....Only ramtimmings etc)

b. Then do what you always do up to now with only 384MB/384MB fixed Page File and Copy Waza from one disk to another (into Super-Pi folder)......Copy Waza ~768MB and more (doesn't matter if it will be 2GB)
    After Copy Waza ends copying, close Explorer from task manager, close task manager and WAIT for some seconds till the HD led STOPS blinking....When it stops blinking, start the 32M

c. Do as CDT-Tweak describes

and finaly report findings?....
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-23-2007 at 11:16 PM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Memory Addict
    George, i'm doing such tests or similar i.e. no tweaks vs tweaks copy waza (doesn't work much for me) vs CDT-tweak etc

Will take a while since copy of files takes longer to do than running 32M Pi itself hehe
    ---

Team KOC2.com
    waiting for your research eva.... i think its just optimized copy wazza..

E8600 Q820A750
    DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R - Abit IX38 QuadGT - Asus P5B Deluxe - Biostar TP45 HP
    Team Xtreem PC-5300 C3 2GB - Crucial 10th Anniversary 2GB - Team Xtreem PC8500 C5 2GB
    Winfast 8600GT
    Silverstone Olympia 1000w
    andre X_X -72c CO2 Cascade

My R22/CO2 Cascade Project

Xtreme Member
    This is by elmor:

[QUOTE]

This tweak definitely works!

Pics up soon.

edit:

System specs, just straight boot didn't editing any timings:

Then just run without cw/cdt:

And with the previous OPB CDT I learned from him:

Now, how about with this new OPB CDT-IV tweak:

Wow, how about that? I just shaved of 16 seconds of a SPI 32M round!

I'll explain exactly how I did it as some have some trouble understandning how to do this tweak.

First you will need to set your maxmem to 600 (I used 620 which worked good aswell, though I belive the file 600+32MB is 600MB = avaliable ram and the extra 32MB is because of pi 32M calculation, am I right Kevin?) and also I believe it is very important to have a 512-512MB big pagefile on the SPI-partition (D: in my and Kevins case). Ok, now the instructions:

1. I created 1x 632mb file using the command "fsutil file createnew D:\myfile 647168000" (1000*1024*632) for a file of exactly 632MB.
    2. Then I put it in a RAR-archive with the Store Compression method for no compression.
    3. After that I renamed it to myfile2 and then myfile3 and after each rename add it to the RAR-archive with the Store option so that you get a 1896MB big RAR-archive.
    4. Then I transfered it to my benchdisk with an USB flashdisk (I created the file on my laptop) and put it on SPI-partition (D:\file.rar).
    5. Now you start SPI and select 32M calculation and press OK, but don't press OK to start it, let it wait there.
    6. After that you copy it three times to C:\file.rar and the two other times you have to overwrite of course.
    7. Next you copy D:\file.rar to any folder on D:\, for me it was D:\cw\, three times just like you did to C:\ before.
    8. Now, as Kevin says, to balance it you copy the file C:\file.rar to D:\file.rar and overwrite it. I did it three times and I saw the ammount Avaliable memory raise each time.
    9. Now you can close the Taskmanager if you had it open for monitoring and all the other windows not related to SPI and now you can start your calculation!

Hope this writeup helps you understand Kevins outstanding tweak better, I can only imagine what it takes to be able to find this tweak out.

BTW, I didn't get the Avaliable memory and System cache balanced so System cache was about 2MB more. If I can get those two balanced maybe even more gain is possible.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Please remove that last part, it might be bugged. (the last pic)
    2008 - AOCC WW #2 | MOA EU #8 | GOOC WW #1
    2009 - GOOC WW #3 | MOA EU #3 | MOA WW #1 | GB TweaKing #6 | ASUS ROG OCS #2
    2010 - MOA EU #1 | GOOC EU #13 | MOA WW #1
    2011 - MOA EU #4 | MOA WW #?

Where's me Beer?
    Tested, and can confirm it works.
    I did a SPI 4M on a old socket 604 dual xeon. Time with no tweak was 3M 45.500Secs after tweak time was 3M 38.594Secs.
    A difference of 6.906Secs or a 3% increase!

Banned
    A64 X2 6000+ at stock 15*200 ddr2 at 333mhz 5-5-5-12
    No tweaks whatsoever,no realtime, no shutting down of services nothing.

The CDT tweak, and maxmem at 680

OPB, if you read this, you are one special dude man, you could have saved allot of trouble and accusations by explaining these sick tweaks like you did know.
    Kudos

Xtreme Enthusiast
    how about this small progy instead
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	leak.JPG 
Views:	718 
Size:	9.3 KB 
ID:	66096  

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unseen View Post
    how about this small progy instead
    wtf is that?

Xtreme X.I.P.
    As you can see the tweak works for 1M-32M tests and explains why OPB had better performance/clock than the rest. How about some people start doing a bit of apologizing?

Memory Addict
    I must sux at this kind of tweak or something.. like copy waza, CDT-IV may help sometimes but is usually <3 seconds improvement over no tweaks for me on WinXP Pro SP2 :o

Still maxmem 600M + CDT-IV was fastest for me still so. But probably I'm not doing copywaza or CDT-IV properly ?

System
    • Intel Core 2 Duo E6850 L720A489 Retail
    • Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme with Artic Cooling MX-2 TIM
    • Asus Blitz Formula 1101 bios
    • 128MB Gainward FX5200 PCI
    • 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 in white dimm slots
    • Memory cooling = 120x25mm Thermaltake 81cfm fan
    • 80GB Hitachi 7K80 SATA
    • Pioneer DVR-08 Burner
    • Sony FDD
    • 620W Corsair HX620 PSU
    • WinXP Pro SP2

no maxmem + no tweaks

no maxmem + copywaza

no maxmem + CDT-IV

maxmem 600M + no tweaks

maxmem 600M + copywaza

maxmem 600M + CDT-IV

edit: only real way i know how to gain 7+ seconds is raw memory bandwidth LOL

Would this mean if i could get copy waza to work this below run would of been sub 13min ?

Last edited by eva2000; 10-24-2007 at 08:22 AM.
    ---

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elmor View Post
    As you can see the tweak works for 1M-32M tests and explains why OPB had better performance/clock than the rest. How about some people start doing a bit of apologizing?
    At the time being, there was no such tweak. It's a new tweak it doesn't cover old results.
    And you should know better since you got the old tweaks from him and wich you tested and you know the result

But i have no problem with apoligizing if the man finally comes back and post again like he used to

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I repeat........Do as following and report back......

a. without any "software tweaks" (windows tweaks) - put only ramtimmings etc. (I mean, DO LargeSystemCache=1 and Priority=Very high for Super-Pi and things like that but without CopyWaza and things like that.....Only ramtimmings etc)

b. Then do what you always do up to now with only 384MB/384MB fixed Page File and Copy Waza from one disk to another (into Super-Pi folder)......Copy Waza ~768MB and more (doesn't matter if it will be 2GB)
    After Copy Waza ends copying, close Explorer from task manager, close task manager and WAIT for some seconds till the HD led STOPS blinking....When it stops blinking, start the 32M

@ elmor: DON'T say please that the "his" previus tweak works coz IF it DID worked as you claim, you could have BEATEN Gautam's 32M........No?......

P.S. Guys from OCX PLEASE, test with Copy Waza firstly and then re-run it with this CDT-Tweak.....
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-24-2007 at 05:11 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I repeat........Do as following and report back......

Hmm good point.
    Wil try that right away.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    At the time being, there was no such tweak. It's a new tweak it doesn't cover old results.
    And you should know better since you got the old tweaks from him and wich you tested and you know the result

But i have no problem with apoligizing if the man finally comes back and post again like he used to

You're wrong mate , the tweak DID exist by that time, well not this one as this is the "final" by now CDT tweak, as you can see this is "rev 4" if you want to call a name to it , CDT tweak has been posted at OCX tweak section long time ago, this rev is little more effcicent than the older ones but this is "the tweak" that everyone was claimng for since the first OPB's 8.906s SPI 1M

btw this is Predator lol

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Metallica View Post
    You're wrong mate , the tweak DID exist by that time, well not this one as this is the "final" by now CDT tweak, as you can see this is "rev 4" if you want to call a name to it , CDT tweak has been posted at OCX tweak section long time ago, this rev is little more effcicent than the older ones but this is "the tweak" that everyone was claimng for since the first OPB's 8.906s SPI 1M

btw this is Predator lol
    hehe long time no see

I have done the copy waza tweak wich is quite the same lol, and i obtained the same score on my AMD rig.
    Gues i cheered to early
    Copy waza = CDT tweak .

Xtreme X.I.P.
    @ elmor: DON'T say please that the "his" previus tweak works coz IF it DID worked as you claim, you could have BEATEN Gautam's 32M........No?......
    At 3GHz only with 375MHz FSB? I'll give that 3.6GHz time a try when I get ahold of a cpu that can run 3.6GHz and above 400MHz FSB.

If you just want a better 32M time than Gautams at 3.6 how about this from OPB?

Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    hehe long time no see

I have done the copy waza tweak wich is quite the same lol, and i obtained the same score on my AMD rig.
    Gues i cheered to early
    Copy waza = CDT tweak .
    Copy Waza != CDT(-IV) tweak, you could say that the CDT tweak is a more advanced Copy Waza though.

approaching aphelion

btw this is Predator lol
    Nothing else matters!
    Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers

btw this is Predator lol
    LOOK BELOW V V V

P.S. Guys from OCX PLEASE, test with Copy Waza firstly and then re-run it with this CDT-Tweak.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    will try this..

thanks for sharing..
    Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    At 3GHz only with 375MHz FSB? I'll give that 3.6GHz time a try when I get ahold of a cpu that can run 3.6GHz and above 400MHz FSB.

If you just want a better 32M time than Gautams at 3.6 how about this from OPB?

Copy Waza != CDT(-IV) tweak, you could say that the CDT tweak is a more advanced Copy Waza though.

PLEASE DON'T Bullshi(f)ting me elmor.....DO you want me to show you a 12.29m 32M at 3.6GHz right now and I'll tell you that it was done with MY tweak?....Do you?.......It's VERY EASY you know......I will run the 32M at 3800MHz and after the resault is out and I'm ready to screen capture it, I'll DOWNGRADE my CPU frequency via clockgen/setfsb to show me 3597MHz and YOU ARE READY.....12.29m.....THAT SIMPLE.....

EDIT: You must be dreaming or so IF you think that DDR2 (as OPB 32M above) can beat DDR3.....NO WAY....

We NEED "neutral" users to test and report back......
    Last edited by hipro5; 10-24-2007 at 05:31 AM.
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme X.I.P.
    And why is that? I have still not done enough testing with the two tweaks I got from him so I can't say anything about that. I'm just saying that OPB has shown us a tweak that may very well be the cause or atleast a part of his very good results. If he had this by then or not I can't say but regarding if he had this tweak back then or not I'd say that if you continue to say that his SuperPi-scores are fake then you're just being stubborn and not seeing the facts. Another thing that was "against" OPB when he first was accused was that he got a better time at lower clocks. How about he had to lower those clocks to be able to keep the system stable while doing all this copying?

PLEASE DON'T Bullshi(f)ting me elmor.....DO you want me to show you a 12.29m 32M at 3.6GHz right now and I'll tell you that it was done with MY tweak?....Do you?.......It's VERY EASY you know......Run the 32M at 3800MHz and after the resault is out and I'm ready to screen capture it, I DOWNGRADE my CPU frequency via clockgen/setfsb so to show me 3597 and YOU ARE READY.....

We NEED "neutral" users to test and report back......
    I'm sorry but if you are unable to believe that this tweak actually works that is your problem, but if you're gonna keep bashing I don't see any point in your posts in this thread. We have already had "neutral" users reporting gains and keep in mind that these users don't know exactly how this tweak works and how to squeeze the max out of it. The steps I wrote was how I did it, not nessicerily how it is done for maximum gain.
    Last edited by elmor; 10-24-2007 at 05:31 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    And why is that? I have still not done enough testing with the two tweaks I got from him so I can't say anything about that. I'm just saying that OPB has shown us a tweak that may very well be the cause or atleast a part of his very good results. If he had this by then or not I can't say but regarding if he had this tweak back then or not I'd say that if you continue to say that his SuperPi-scores are fake then you're just being stubborn and not seeing the facts. Another thing that was "against" OPB when he first was accused was that he got a better time at lower clocks. How about he had to lower those clocks to be able to keep the system stable while doing all this copying?

I'm sorry but if you are unable to believe that this tweak actually works that is your problem, but if you're gonna keep bashing I don't see any point in your posts in this thread. We have already had "neutral" users reporting gains and keep in mind that these users don't know exactly how this tweak works and how to squeeze the max out of it. The steps I wrote was how I did it, not nessicerily how it is done for maximum gain.
    Actually you are unable to read , he is saying master copy-waza first then compare it to that OPB tweak ,,, plain simple ,,,, best thing is to ask Fredy-san to test it as no one can question his skill and credibility

Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 1234512 ... LastLast