Thread: EK Spacers

EK Spacers

I know it sounds stupid,but do i hv to use the spacer provided with the EK Mosfet blocks along with the fittings or i can just use the fittings alone.
    Thanks

Xtreme Cruncher
    Take a better look and judge for yourself. If the block is especially for your model - it's probably meant to be used..

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Depends on what kind of fittings you have. I think the spacers are included for fittings with a very loang thread, which you may not be able to screw in completely.

it depends case to case, but most use them

Spacers are usually required where the barb screws into the copper side of the block. Why? Because the copper side is the side which milled to create a water channel, thus reducing the overall thickness of the copper where the barbs screw in. The spacer keeps the threads out of the water channel thus better flow.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Mullet View Post
    Spacers are usually required where the barb screws into the copper side of the block. Why? Because the copper side is the side which milled to create a water channel, thus reducing the overall thickness of the copper where the barbs screw in. The spacer keeps the threads out of the water channel thus better flow.
    Yeah, that's the way it is with the full cover gpu blocks but Anand's asking about the mosfet blocks which have only one barb position.

Anand
    Bottom line is.
    If the barb thread is longer than the block's threaded hole I'd use them.

V-Twin WIP

Q6600 G0
    EVGA680i
    4GB OCZ
    8800GTX
    LC - Dual loops.
    Dual 20.1 monitors.

Quote Originally Posted by Jedda View Post
    Yeah, that's the way it is with the full cover gpu blocks but Anand's asking about the mosfet blocks which have only one barb position.

Anand
    Bottom line is.
    If the barb thread is longer than the block's threaded hole I'd use them.
    Thanks for your replies.At present i am only using the EK barbs.I hv ordered some Mosfet back plates from ChilledPC.Once i get it them i will remove the loop and hv a look at the mosfet block and judge if i hv to use the spacer or not.