Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tek9 3.0 LN2/DI GPU unit

Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    whats your secret..? you ALWAYS manage to get 50-60Mhz more out of gfx cards than others do..

anyways, why dont you give us a complete 05/06 run with high single gpu/cpu clocks?

32k withing reach in 05..?
    I am not really that big on ATI benching, just testing the units before they ship out with both cards.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by dpa View Post
    whats your secret..? you ALWAYS manage to get 50-60Mhz more out of gfx cards than others do..
    There is no secret to it other than massive, relentless efforts in container design.

For the last bunch of MHz you need not only the capacity to handle the load, but also the control to keep temps right where you need them. These new cards needed new designs to fulfill those criteria so it doesn't surprise me one bit to see Vince rocketing past everyone else.

(Btw just so no one tries to read too hard into this I'm also really looking forward to seeing Jason's new stuff)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Gautam View Post

(Btw just so no one tries to read too hard into this I'm also really looking forward to seeing Jason's new stuff)
    i heard that they would be the real deal around then, i'm curious how they will look like and if they perform as stated

ofcourse also curious what other may make eh, littledevil,kayl,piotres etc etc...

¿
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Getting closer to 1300mhz core 3D stable on the 2900xt
    Wicked clocks Vince it would be interesting to see some full-on runs with a set of these

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    After seen these TWO pots in live action, I tell you guys that Vince (k|ngp|n) is bullshi(f)ting you by saying you that he has hard time while benching with three pots and LN2......
    Those pots was holding the temps of the VGAs SO STABLE, that you don't have to "take care" of them during a bench.....
    You have to take care only the CPU's pot.....It's like working your VGAs on air and just forget about them.....
    SO he has to take care only the CPU pot and it's WAY easier for him to bench on LN2.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

ODOC
    Those new tek9 3.0 is just so cool.

The performance is just awesome, both the clocks in the thread and the visit at Hellas .

The design, performance and aswell the look is just a huge step in this world.

Keep pushing it Vince.

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Yes I asure you that is VERY EASY to bench with 3 x LN2 containers now....
    On my latest session of my bench, I was alone.....I filled one up to half and I only had to pour a bit every some sec to the other so to keep it at -165*C....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    the life of a professional OCer is gettin easier by the day, i'm sure

My Custom Pressure/Temperature Charts for Various Refrigerants

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Lian Li Cube Case with Phase and Water DONE!!

Another testimony from me - Kingpin is a lazy bum, thats why he made these pots , if for example your card cold bugs @ -150C and you only need -100C to run, just fill up to -150C and forget about it, at the end of GT4, your card would prolly be -110 or -120C still room

Xtreme Addict
    vince u dont need shim on the containers for the ati cards ?
    btw thx for ure pm bro .

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Yes I asure you that is VERY EASY to bench with 3 x LN2 containers now....
    On my latest session of my bench, I was alone.....I filled one up to half and I only had to pour a bit every some sec to the other so to keep it at -165*C....
    at 1500mhz core?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    at 1500mhz core?
    CPU yes......
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Xtreme Addict
    I am not really that big on ATI benching, just testing the units before they ship out with both cards.

im a big ati fan
    ready to run

Xtreme Enthusiast
    how did you remove it? by using a sharp knife?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by tim- View Post
    how did you remove it? by using a sharp knife?
    like popping the IHS from a cpu razorblade all the way .
    just watch out for the core's pcb its very easy to leave marks , and the caps that u dont cut those off .

just start in 1 cornor and go to the next , go slow and it wil go all fine .
    ones u done 3/4 of the shim it will pop off its self with-out a hitch

Xtreme 3D Team
    Quote Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
    like popping the IHS from a cpu razorblade all the way .
    just watch out for the core's pcb its very easy to leave marks , and the caps that u dont cut those off .

just start in 1 cornor and go to the next , go slow and it wil go all fine .
    ones u done 3/4 of the shim it will pop off its self with-out a hitch
    Did you heat the shim area up to soften the glue?? cause I tried it the other day and there seems to be almost no gap to get the blade in. Its not like the rubber that cpu ihs's have but more like a thin layer of hard glue.

Sorry for the off topic KP.

Xtreme Addict
    hi, just some glue nothing elles .
    nope i did not heat it up , just use a razor thats nice and scharp

Quote Originally Posted by MTP04 View Post
    Did you heat the shim area up to soften the glue?? cause I tried it the other day and there seems to be almost no gap to get the blade in. Its not like the rubber that cpu ihs's have but more like a thin layer of hard glue.

Sorry for the off topic KP.
    Not off topic at all really...removing the shims for the ATI is very good info.

I use a double edge razor and hold the card very steady against something solid and push one corner of the ihs. It will pop right off, you dont need to slice it off like the old amd ihs's. It will just pop and seperate completely.

Blind knows whats up ...you ready for those new pots yet man ??
    Next week my friend....

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    After testing the Teks in Athens, I was directly convinced to get one myself. Stealing them from George did not work, so I have to use Plan B and safe sme money They are worth every cent, that's for sure.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    I wonder why you guys still discusing about these pots if they are THAT good or just "avaradge".....
    ONE WORD:
    THEY ARE JUST ...... "PERFECT" .....PERIOD.....
    They worth their money in gold as for me....
    I just hope that Vince do not change their design (at least for the time been )
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    I wonder why you guys still discusing about these pots if they are THAT good or just "avaradge".....
    ONE WORD:
    THEY ARE JUST ...... "PERFECT" .....PERIOD.....
    They worth their money in gold as for me....
    I just hope that Vince do not change their design (at least for the time been )
    I will not change the design for some time my friend
    These containers will be copied sooooooo much by all the clowns out there that really dont have a clue about what they are doing and just copy other peoples for $$$$$. Pisses me off but what can you do...they will always be just bull copies of my units, but NEVER the real thing
    The internals are critical to this design and the feel the unit has when benching ln2, thats why I did not show them...
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 11-24-2007 at 05:35 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    kingpin:
    well pictures is already leaking on internet on the internal of your newest gpu pots, I have some of them on my email.. dunno who have take those to be honest.

regards
    Tim

Xtreme Legend
    lol KP there's just no way to protect it except for public intervention
    lol at tim's public intervention over at OCX recently regarding your pots heh
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

k|ngp|n/Sham my brothers
    Yes......It's like coping a Rolex watch......Replicas are cheep and they DON'T perform the same.....
    INTEL PWA FOR EVER

Dr. Who my arss...

Banned
    I will not change the design for some time my friend
    These containers will be copied sooooooo much by all the clowns out there that really dont have a clue about what they are doing and just copy other peoples for $$$$$. Pisses me off but what can you do...they will always be just bull copies of my units, but NEVER the real thing
    The internals are critical to this design and the feel the unit has when benching ln2, thats why I did not show them...
    I see , that makes me a clown.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2345678 ... LastLast