Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Tek9 3.0 LN2/DI GPU unit

Turkey Man
    Vince, can i presume that each pot is one half of square copper stock?

Xtreme Member
    WOWWWWWWWWWWWWWW
    Nice stuff mate.... Gotta start saving more money now
    More pics plz.... This is better then :banana::banana::banana::banana:

Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Vince, can i presume that each pot is one half of square copper stock?
    No rectangular stock is sized appropriately for the unit.

Probe install/insulation pics. Obviously a bunch of different ways to do this, here is how I do it:

Another of the 101 uses for the foam wrap:

Dont forget your paper towel

Double thick back pad over the thumbnuts and ready to party

A 12-16oz stryofoam cup with the bottom cut out of it sure makes for a nicely insulated and flexible funnel.

About 10 minutes to insulate and have card up and running on LN2
    Andre you laugh at my pics you will be waiting longer for your untis
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-09-2007 at 11:07 AM.

Banned
    So what is the difference between cpu pot building and GPU pot building?
    I assume you just can't engrave F1 at the bottom of it?
    What is your goal with it? find the best way to press the ln2 to the coreside or?

3lbs for those?

Nah can't engrave F1 on the bottom of this one

Old teks are really awsome units at removing heat. They have more mass to them then it looks from the outside and have low "thermal resistance". I wanted to slow down the swing some without losing any cooling capacity in addition to increasing the internal volume of the unit to make it better with DI which is something my old unit wasn't really optimal for. It's alot to tackle and expect to get the tuning just right off the bat for something completely new. I have already revised/tweaked the base on this one 4 times since the first one.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-09-2007 at 11:37 AM.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by k|ngp|n View Post
    Nah can't engrave F1 on the bottom of this one

Old teks are really awsome units at removing heat. They have more mass to them then it looks from the outside and have low "thermal resistance". I wanted to slow down the swing some without losing any cooling capacity in addition to increasing the internal volume of the unit to make it better with DI which is something my old unit wasn't really optimal for. It's alot to tackle and expect to get the tuning just right off the bat for something completely new. I have already revised/tweaked the base on this one 4 times since the first one.
    But aren't you still limited by the machinist?

or does he just say : OK vince

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Really sweet looking especially the thermocouple (looks better then others I have seen ). I have checked around here for the foam wrap in home depot and lowes, any suggestions where it might be found? Great idea on the baseplate with the notch just for the probe.

Xtreme Addict
    Somewhere on earth between Taipei, Paris and Montreal
    Really nice pot Kingpin

maybe a TC inside base can be better but It's always the same problem --> don't hurt probe...
    Overclocking-TV Staff
    Quote Originally Posted by hipro5 View Post
    Ha, ha, ha.....NO WAY.....When I show someone preparing to take a shot, I hided the cigarette....

Xtreme Legend
    No rectangular stock is sized appropriately for the unit.

Probe install/insulation pics. Obviously a bunch of different ways to do this, here is how I do it:

Another of the 101 uses for the foam wrap:

Dont forget your paper towel

Double thick back pad over the thumbnuts and ready to party

A 12-16oz stryofoam cup with the bottom cut out of it sure makes for a nicely insulated and flexible funnel.

About 10 minutes to insulate and have card up and running on LN2

So So So Nice pics.................

I want my units coming tomotrrow.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang View Post
    So So So Nice pics.................

I want my units coming tomotrrow.
    MUHAHAHHAHAHAHA
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

holy
    زعيم
    MAIN PC(1)(2)(3):•Q9550•Foxconn BlackOps•Patriot 4GB DDR3 PC3-12800•XFX9800GTX•3x146GB Cheetah SAS 15K.5 RAID0•2x1TB Raid1•LianLiA10B•2x22"5ms@3360x1050•
    BEDROOM HTPC(1)(2)(3):E6600•MSI945GM3-F•2048DDR2667•1TB•Samsung26"HDTV•HybridHDTV•5.1•
    Laptop:•Centrino2 P8400 1066fsb•4GB-DDR2 800•320GBSATAII7,200•DVDDL•15.4"WXGA•802.11a/b/g/n•
    WHServer:•AM2 5200+•2GB DDR2 800•Lots of TB Storage•1GB TCP/IP•
    www.zaimc.com // myspace/zaimc // zaimm.deviantart

Xtreme Member
    Hey vince buddy will these babies be ok for the next gen video cards coming out next month?

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by n3wbi3 View Post
    Hey vince buddy will these babies be ok for the next gen video cards coming out next month?
    what do you think
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Banned
    Vince i noticed something, and i guess you have done that to ensure mounting.
    I saw at the core side you angled the container? (yeah srry that i can't explain it better)
    But if you used distances busses, that's how it called it here, you can ajust the mountingplate to the container, and make the coreside flatt, without being bothered from difficult mounting or not.
    Perhaps you coudl gain some with this
    Would that work ?

R600 E6600 1800c7 P35

Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    Vince i noticed something, and i guess you have done that to ensure mounting.
    I saw at the core side you angled the container? (yeah srry that i can't explain it better)
    But if you used distances busses, that's how it called it here, you can ajust the mountingplate to the container, and make the coreside flatt, without being bothered from difficult mounting or not.
    Perhaps you coudl gain some with this
    Would that work ?
    Angled front wall for a few different reasons. I understand your concept though.

2900XT is rocking on the unit so far. No swirling yet 1200mhz+ dinos, but I am looking out for it .
    Can run 3D 1200mhz all day long -71c/1.55v. The memory on my one living 2900 seems to be stuck around 1000mhz without a vmem mod and starts artifacting bad past 1G. Card was coldbugging on me at -85c. Took it up to 1.62v+, but initially can't seem to go colder then -84c or so. So easy to pour these cards on these units. I can leave the room and come back and the temps hold at 1200mhz through 05/06 lol.

Some test screens using E6600, CORSAIR DDR3 1800C7 DOMINATORS, Single ASUS 2900XT, and a few diff mobos....ASUS Blitz3, DFI P35, and ASUS P5K-3 DELUXE.
    Going to buck the current craze and use some good old fashioned "current gen" hardware to push the card on the unit

This has been a great opportunity for me to get in some real nice DDR3 testing.
    using my DOMINATOR 1800C7's. Cas6 performance so far is amazing @2.25v. Should be able to make a push for 900mhz cas6 3d stable with more volts.
    Here the card is running strong at 1200/981 and was -71c loaded temps/approx 1.53v when bench was running. Very cpu bottle-necked on most of these runs, just focusing on pushing memory, FSB, and cards at those temps and volts.

This E6600 is pretty nice. Same chip nearly 600fsb on DFI P35 mobo giving it chilled water temps near 0c. Should do some nice FSB at -100c, though all I need is 590 as this chip seems good for around 53-5400mhz 3d I think.

Back to pushing the card some in 06 and nature 01. The clocks hold really well on this unit. Minimal swinging in between pours, holding temps very stable. 1238/999 1.54v/approx -82c is best so far, jsut wont go colder than -84c yet for me. Again, these runs really cpu bound with conroe at 3.6ghz as just pushing card clocks here on blitz3 using 140mhz pci-ex:

I might try and put this all together for some single 05' before I leave for Greece.
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-12-2007 at 03:12 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Off-topic:

Vince, are you still using FW158.22 drivers?

N3RO,

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Will you have any DI results to show us? Or how do you feel with this unit and DI?

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by filmbot View Post
    Will you have any DI results to show us? Or how do you feel with this unit and DI?
    sory but vince is plaing to greek i hope :d jejeje.. i think that he'll don't post anything before that :d
    iMac 24''
    BNDMOD @
    Cruz Alta (Cba.) Argentina

Admin
    Nah, I'm sure he'll have some DI results very soon. I'm also sure they're going to own...as will his continued ATi action. (Pressure's on Vince)

Turkey Man
    Quote Originally Posted by N3RO View Post
    Vince, are you still using FW158.22 drivers?
    I would imagine so until FM decide to approve a later version.
    Same with me.

DI stuff will be posted in the thread before I fly out of here...hopefully next week. Yah I am still on good old 158.22 for the NV testing, but soon I will be on vista with new drivers for something new.

vince
    Last edited by k|ngp|n; 10-14-2007 at 07:04 AM.

Xtreme Member
    DI stuff will be posted in the thread before I fly out of here...hopefully next week. Yah I am still on good old 158.22 for the NV testing, but soon I will be on vista with new drivers for something new.

vince
    Something like PCMark?

Xtreme Member
    really nice containers man, and they seems to performe awsome..cant w8 to see some DI

question: why are u using 158.22, and not 162/163?
    SYSTEM: |QX9650 | DFI P35 / EVGA 780I | CRUCIAL 2*1GB | 9800GTX | SILVERSTONE 1KW |

HOMEPAGE

Xtreme Addict
    vince u bearly gave the card more vgpu give it 1.75vgpu and u will see how hot they really are .
    great pots to bad i stoped benching

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by blind_ripper View Post
    vince u bearly gave the card more vgpu give it 1.75vgpu and u will see how hot they really are .
    great pots to bad i stoped benching
    you didn't stop, it's a temporary break.

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast