Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Crucial Lanfest PC6400 = Crucial 10th Anniversary

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness View Post

r00n,

Did you happen to miss what he posted under the pic?
    No, I didn't. Actually, because he said "I am going to post a pic of some Ballistix 8500" after posting a pic I assumed it wasn't from his PC2-8500. If it was it would've made more sense for him to say "Here, a picture of my Ballistix PC2-8500". But you're right about the Thursday thing. Must have missed that. I saw his review in the other thread which was from the 11th of October, so I assumed (again wrongfully) that he already had them on the 10th.

Anyway, most likely the chips on these Lanfest modules will have -25F written on them.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Anyway, most likely the chips on these Lanfest modules will have -25F written on them.
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...2&postcount=24

Yep, that's exactly what his pics show "0734-25F".
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

http://animoto.com/play/E0wFhd6tN0nA...ent=challenger

Heat

Xtreme Member

Yep, that's exactly what his pics show "0734-25F".
    But that photo was posted on October 5th. Didn't we just come to the conclusion he got the sticks on the 11th?

Doesn't really matter though; the URL says Ballistix Lanparty, so that's pretty obvious.
    Ballistix Lanparty has -25F chips (binned at 400MHz), as I expected. I've added them to my RAM List.
    Last edited by Rone; 10-12-2007 at 08:25 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by r00n View Post
    But that photo was posted on October 5th. Didn't we just come to the conclusion he got the sticks on the 11th?

Doesn't really matter though; the URL says Ballistix Lanparty, so that's pretty obvious.
    Ballistix Lanparty has -25F chips (binned at 400MHz), as I expected. I've added them to my RAM List.
    But you're right about the Thursday thing. Must have missed that. I saw his review in the other thread which was from the 11th of October, so I assumed (again wrongfully) that he already had them on the 10th.
    Actually, it was you that came to the conclusion he got the sticks on the 11th, which is a Thursday, but a full week after he had already gotten them. We didn't come to that conclusion.

I started to reply last night and clarify the dates, just so as to not confuse anyone else, but got caught up with family stuff.

Based on the date stamps on the posts, the comment that he expected his sticks on Thursday (the 4th), along with the pic of the 8500s was posted on 10/02. That was in this same thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...9&postcount=19

The pic of the -25, along with the comment that he received them "yesterday", was posted on the 5th. He states that he will start testing them on that day. That post was in the "On-line Deals" thread.

On the 8th he posts that he is still testing. This was from in the On-line Deals thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...1&postcount=35

And here on the 10th he started his quick comparison thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...1&postcount=35

By the way, thanks for adding the ICs to your list. That is a great resource. I know that I've used it many times and have often linked it for others when questions were asked about what ICs were being used by certain modules.
    Last edited by Reefa_Madness; 10-13-2007 at 02:34 AM.
    In memory of Gracie, my sweet, sweet wife and mother of my children. Darling, we will miss you dearly. May you rest in peace (born to this world on March 30, 1976; went to her Heavenly Father on Good Friday, April 22, 2011).

Heat

Xtreme Member

[...]
    As I said, it doesn't really matter. Haven't been following the threads in a while. I should've been more thorough.
    Thanks for the clarification, nevertheless.

By the way, thanks for adding the ICs to your list. That is a great resource.
    Thank you.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    roon, sorry for any confusion.

-18 photo was 8500's, i was just upset at the OP for speculation.

-25 photo was the lanfest sticks

hope that helps, both are newer version obviously which have the real ballistix logo on the IC.
    CPU: Intel CORE 2 Duo E6550 @ 3.6GHz w/ 1.29vcore (517*7)
    Motherboard:
    Gigabyte P35-DQ6
    Memory:
    Crucial 8500's
    Video:
    Nvidia 8800GTX
    PSU:
    Zippy 700W (fan modded of course)

I received the following reply to a PM sent over at Overclock.net...first my question, followed by his reply.

Re: Crucial LanFest Kit #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Quote:
    Originally Posted by Reefa_Madness
    Hey there,

Just curious as to how your second set is working out for you.

Have you posted results in a thread?

Reefa

Reply from EOD/ericeod:

"The second pair would only go up to 1120 at 2.15v. I have my computer apart as I am switching cases and upgradeing the pump and tubeing. I'll do some more benches when it is finished."

My take on all of this...
    I'm sure that with add'l voltage they will scale, but by all appearances, certainly not the results you would associate with "hand picked" modules...in other words, a typical, good performing set of Crucial Ballistix, but with a different set of heatspreaders on them.

It turns out my second memory bank was faulty. I never knew it before because I never used them. Anyway I RMAed the board and the RAM (just to be sure they were not faulty as well).

The replacements from newegg are running 5-5-5-15 2T at 1200 @ 2.1v, in the known good memory banks. I will have some screen shots up soon, I'm just waiting to swap the cross-shipped board into my new case with new WC setup.
    i7 980X @ 4.0GHz at 1.26v
    Rampage III extreme 602 bios
    ASUS 5970 + ASUS 5850
    3x2GB G.Skill Trident: 1611 6-7-6-18 1T
    Intel X-25m 80Gb G2 RAID 0 w 1.5Gb and 1Gb HDD
    Cooler Master 850W
    Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks for that update. Hope you get your new stuff up and running soon.

Heat

Xtreme Member
    I don't think mine are handpicked...

I was was running 5-5-4-10 at 1110MHz at 2.13V and it failed after 15 minutes or so. At 5-5-5-15 it was stable. I have to say though I did tweak the rest of my timings... so I'm getting 9050MB/s - 9100MB/s memory read at that speed.

EOD what are your your memory bench results at 1200MHz with your settings?
    Last edited by NJDevilsFan21; 10-15-2007 at 09:30 PM.
    E6600 3.51GHz| P35-DQ6 F7a | 2x2GB | 500GB | 6200LE| HX520 | AL2051W

Xtreme Member
    EOD, that's not the first time i've heard that same problem with the evga A1 boards... i think it was slot 3 for the last person too. odd.

Quote Originally Posted by TheSamurai View Post
    EOD, that's not the first time i've heard that same problem with the evga A1 boards... i think it was slot 3 for the last person too. odd.
    Yeah, I've seen this a lot too. In fact, this is my 3rd board I'm RMAing. I dont even run my vdimm above 2.15v. I also replaced all the TIM with AS5 and use water cooling on the NB. I think it was always faulty, but I never used the banks until now.
    i7 980X @ 4.0GHz at 1.26v
    Rampage III extreme 602 bios
    ASUS 5970 + ASUS 5850
    3x2GB G.Skill Trident: 1611 6-7-6-18 1T
    Intel X-25m 80Gb G2 RAID 0 w 1.5Gb and 1Gb HDD
    Cooler Master 850W
    Windows 7 64 Ultimate

Xtreme Member
    i try and test everything out when i first get it (each slot of everything i can lol), just to make sure.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Back on sale. New deal is $100 + $5 S&H, less $35 MIR for a net cost of $65.

Heat

Champion
    I've got yesterday a pair of these Lanfest kit, and tested is fast..
    600mhz 5-5-5-15 @ 2.2-2.25v stable
    692mhz valid 5-5-5-15 @ 2.50v
    and here is my P5K's limit in dual ch
    so this memo's are based on the 8500 Ballistix ic's, not on the 10th Anniversary liked gmh's I'm sure.. more to come later
    Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang View Post
    I think mine is better.

Xtreme Member
    i've got all four at 850mhz 4-4-4-12 @ 2.02 (according to asus probe).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123