Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206067686970
Results 1,726 to 1,745 of 1745

Thread: Easynews goes down

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Got to read thru whats going on first..Out of the loop the past day.
    I saw Merlin comment here so I'm scared!
    No, you don't have to hold the SHEEP, unless you want to
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

of the Strawhat crew.
    If there was a contest then it would be like giving ddtung the prize because of his 40 quads... am i right.. lol

If everyone that wasn't contributed, did contribute then.. I'm sure it would make a huge difference. xD

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    If we got everyone thats listed on the team to run just one machine 40 hours a week it would make an immense difference..
    hint-hint..

hey Mike: Sorry, not into sheep fluffing this week..Ask me next week..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

If we got everyone thats listed on the team to run just one machine 40 hours a week it would make an immense difference..
    hint-hint..
    I got 2 running 168 hours a week Until next week anyway, spring break = all crunchers down for a week
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    I got 2 running 168 hours a week Until next week anyway, spring break = all crunchers down for a week
    Sorry, not allowed.. Set at 75% cpu usage and they will be fine without you to hold their hands..or mice as the case may be..
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Sorry, not allowed.. Set at 75% cpu usage and they will be fine without you to hold their hands..or mice as the case may be..
    You don't understand. Over break school requires EVERYTHING unplugged And I can't run them at home at all because the internet connection sucks (in fact my dad just killed the two F@H clients I did have running there because they were getting in the way).

If I could, I would run them. But it just doesn't look like that's going happen
    The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

of the Strawhat crew.
    Then you'll just have to run 4 times as hard after the 2 weeks! lol

XtremeSystems BF3 Platoon - Any XS member is welcome.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    If there was a contest then it would be like giving ddtung the prize because of his 40 quads... am i right.. lol
    Only if you awarded entries based on actual output. Instead, make it a min output of, let's say, what my Mom's P4@2.2 produces/month so as to include essentially everyone and then it's a crapshoot !

don_xvi helps find cures for cancer, AIDS and West Nile, among other research !
    Donald A. Perlick helps find cures for Alzheimer's, cancer, and Parkinson's, among other research !

Quote Originally Posted by Gamekiller View Post
    Then you'll just have to run 4 times as hard after the 2 weeks! lol
    haha too bad I can run them at double speed for a week. Oh well.
    The Cardboard Master

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by SparkyJJO View Post
    You don't understand. Over break school requires EVERYTHING unplugged And I can't run them at home at all because the internet connection sucks (in fact my dad just killed the two F@H clients I did have running there because they were getting in the way).

If I could, I would run them. But it just doesn't look like that's going happen
    Understood..Isn't worth getting into trouble over..
    OK, your forgiven!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Well, at the dorms here we're technically not supposed to leave stuff running over breaks, but that didn't stop me from leaving 1 or 2 computers run. Granted I don't think my RAs would've really cared had they noticed/found out (the only problem was over my extension cord last year breaking fire code, our circuit breaker was horrible because 2 1/2 rooms shared it, so I was taking power from out in our foyer). This year I'm in a dorm that's more apartment styled and it doesn't cost money to stay over breaks, so I don't think it really matters.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I got disgusted with Boinc on Ubuntu a few weeks ago (keeps aborting all work units by project) and had to catch on some folding. I put boinc back on today and same thing again aborted by project. Is that 240 daily quota for each machine or the total per user?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    I got disgusted with Boinc on Ubuntu a few weeks ago (keeps aborting all work units by project) and had to catch on some folding. I put boinc back on today and same thing again aborted by project. Is that 240 daily quota for each machine or the total per user?
    Per machine..sorry to hear this..
    Can a Linux guy jump in here and help?

Xtreme Legend
    Very nice, guys.

XtremeSystems - 4,975,259
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

"Fortune favors the bold"

Understood..Isn't worth getting into trouble over..
    OK, your forgiven!
    Hehe nice to know Especially since it is out of my control!

Quote Originally Posted by rcofell View Post
    Well, at the dorms here we're technically not supposed to leave stuff running over breaks, but that didn't stop me from leaving 1 or 2 computers run. Granted I don't think my RAs would've really cared had they noticed/found out (the only problem was over my extension cord last year breaking fire code, our circuit breaker was horrible because 2 1/2 rooms shared it, so I was taking power from out in our foyer). This year I'm in a dorm that's more apartment styled and it doesn't cost money to stay over breaks, so I don't think it really matters.
    Oh I could leave them run but they'd pull the plugs, and with this stupid cisco clean access crap that I have to log in every 24 hours it wouldn't do much good anyway.
    The Cardboard Master

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by sierra_bound View Post
    Very nice, guys.

XtremeSystems - 4,975,259

I am Xtreme
    may my two drops made a difference lol, though I am only running @ 2.6Ghz right now.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme crazy bastid
    Quote Originally Posted by road-runner View Post
    Are you running the 64bit version of both Ubuntu and BOINC? If so, have you installed the 32 bit libraries? If you haven't that would explain what you're getting. (do ' sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 'to install them)
    Also, have you done anything "personal" with a firewall application? If you've accidentally killed communication between the client and the science applications that would also explain it.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by D_A View Post
    Are you running the 64bit version of both Ubuntu and BOINC? If so, have you installed the 32 bit libraries? If you haven't that would explain what you're getting. (do ' sudo apt-get install ia32-libs 'to install them)
    Also, have you done anything "personal" with a firewall application? If you've accidentally killed communication between the client and the science applications that would also explain it.
    Yes and I have the 32 bit libraries installed. I have been running dual SMP folding which has to have them also. I am not sure what it is, on two machines when I click the update button it will abort all WUs. I just downloaded a new iso and reinstalled from a new disc and got it ready to try when it will give me some more WUs. As far as firewall I have not done anything to Ubuntu, I have a firewall built in my Linksys router...

Xtreme Legend
    I started this thread last year when we first beat Easynews in the dailies. Now it's time to move on. I've started a new thread.

http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...71#post2831371

Please post team-related comments there and let this thread die. Thanks.
    Audentes fortuna iuvat

"Fortune favors the bold"

Page 70 of 70 FirstFirst ... 206067686970