Thread: P/T Charts in PSI/kPa/Bar

Xtreme Addict

Lightbulb P/T Charts in PSI/kPa/Bar

I got really tired of always looking for p/t charts for various refrigerants so I decided to make my own. I used coolpack to find the different critical temp/pressure relationships and plotted them out on Open Office spreadsheet. It is not as accurate as I would like because Coolpack uses a quadratic formula to estimate temps on a curve, rather than actual temperatures but its is still really close. Also, I have made it in Excel format as well, but some of the graphs are messed up, because, well, its excel.

Open Office
    home.student.utwente.nl/r.makkink/PT_Chart.ods
    Mirror
    http://files-upload.com/files/521403/PT%20Chart.ods

Excel
    home.student.utwente.nl/r.makkink/PT_Chart_ver._0.6_beta.xls
    Mirror
    http://files-upload.com/files/521398...0.6%20beta.xls

Both Files
    http://rapidshare.com/files/63417341...TopherTony.rar

Again, works best with open Office. If you dont have it, its a free MS Office replacement. www.OpenOffice.org But if you insist on using excel its there too

Let me know you opinions on it. Tell me whats wrong with. What should be added. What should be left off. What you like. What you think is ridiculous.

Thanks

If you are having trouble downloading, PM me so I can fix it.
    Special Thanks to Jack and 4Qman for Hosting, and Godmod for Research.
    Last edited by TopherTony; 10-18-2007 at 06:47 AM.

My Custom Pressure/Temperature Charts for Various Refrigerants

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Lian Li Cube Case with Phase and Water DONE!!

Xtreme Member
    Nice! Very useful, thanks. +Sticky
    PC: Intel E8400
    MB: Asus P5k
    PSU: OCZ StealthXStream 600w
    GPU: XFX XXX 8800GT
    Monitor: Samsung Pebble 17"
    Cooling: XSPC Water cooling custom
    HDD: 160GB Seagate
    RAM: OCZ PC8000 Platinum XTC

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by TopherTony View Post
    I got really tired of always looking for p/t charts for various refrigerants so I decided to make my own. I used coolpack to find the different critical temp/pressure relationships and plotted them out on Open Office spreadsheet. It is not as accurate as I would like because Coolpack uses a quadratic formula to estimate temps on a curve, rather than actual temperatures but its is still really close. Also, I have made it in Excel format as well, but some of the graphs are messed up, because, well, its excel.

Open Office http://http://www.fileshost.com/en/f...Chart-ods.html

Excel http://www.fileshost.com/en/file/609...-beta-xls.html

Again, works best with open Office. If you dont have it, its a free MS Office replacement. www.OpenOffice.org But if you insist on using excel its there too

Let me know you opinions on it. Tell me whats wrong with. What should be added. What should be left off. What you like. What you think is ridiculous.

Thanks

If you are having trouble downloading, click on the link, fill in the security number, enter, then scroll to the bottom and the download button is all the way down there.
    well i think the first link is messed up (might just be my computer) but you might want to look into it
    but the second one works

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by ruffus View Post
    well i think the first link is messed up (might just be my computer) but you might want to look into it
    but the second one works
    Thank you. Fixed.

QX6700 @ 3900 | EVGA 680i |2 GB Corsair 8500 Dominator | 7800 GT SLi | Silverstone 1KW | Seagate 7200.9 Barracuda RAID 0 + Hitachi Deskstar 2TB RAID 0 | SS Phase w/ Cryostar Evap | MIPS Full Motherboard cooling
    My Fake Quad Core is better than your real Quad Core! **cough**Barcelona**cough**

Xtreme Enthusiast
    thanks for fixing the link man
    nice work on the P/T charts will be very handy

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Is it OK if I rehost it on aMule and Gnutella?

Quote Originally Posted by A HVAC friend of mine
    If Hannah was an air handler, I would be a condensing unit so I could open her TXV and pump my refrigerant through her evaporator coils.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I vote sticky.
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] Kayin View Post
    Should the RIAA ever target me, I will immediately forfeit US citizenship and move back to reservation, which has no extradition policy and would probably tell Whitey to get bent or we'll scalp you and take your women...
    Free Omastar!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Member
    the pressure range of the r1150 diagramm is to tight. you start at 7 bar, but you should go down to 0.1 bar or 0.5 (absolute).

same for r774 and r23

kPa diagrams are not important because its just the [bar] value times 100. MPa is also more often used in HVAC than kPa. I think Pa in deep vacuums and MPa in normal refrigeration.

but i like the nice overview!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by godmod View Post
    the pressure range of the r1150 diagramm is to tight. you start at 7 bar, but you should go down to 0.1 bar or 0.5 (absolute).

same for r774 and r23

kPa diagrams are not important because its just the [bar] value times 100. MPa is also more often used in HVAC than kPa. I think Pa in deep vacuums and MPa in normal refrigeration.

but i like the nice overview!
    these amounts were based on the coolpack equations. if you have actual values for r23, r774 and r1150 i would love to update them. And for vacuum, i was thinking of using mmHg instead of Pa.

@star882

yes you can rehost there, but you might want to wait until I revise and get a moe finished product.

Xtreme Member
    here the values for r23 and r1150. from refrigeration utilities.
    change the extention .txt to .csv
    Attached Files Attached Files

Xtreme Addict
    I have updated the spreadsheets. Still in Bar/kPa/psi.

-Updated R23, R744, R1150
    -Got Rid of Some Bugs
    -Edited some Graphs to correct formatting issues

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I can't download the Excel file...
    It keeps on giving the same error: Captcha number error or expired
    I can host it for you tho', just say the word

Xtreme Member
    the same error here.
    both files dont work

Xtreme Addict
    The links have been fixed for now.

I now need a new RELIABLE server for hosting these files.

@ JACK and STAR882 - If you want to host these files, lease do, and PM links to me so I can post up top