Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coolaboratory Liquid Pro Vs Artic Silver 5 Test results

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by disruptfam View Post
    where abouts does mx2 come in? is it between as5 and liquid pro?
    I've got 14C (43c water) difference with 100% load (Everest Lavalys stress test) for 4 cores (56-57C average) with bowed D-TEK Fuzion (no nozzles, only o-ring) and MX-2 ... it should be very close in quality to Liquid Pro being inactive ...
    Last edited by gmcg; 04-07-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    Foxconn BlackOps, 2x1Gb Corsair Dominator 1800C7DF 7-6-5-18-1T@1720Mhz@2.05V, QX9650@4.3GHz@1.456V@58C@430x4 FSB 4 cores 100% full load (D-Tek Fuzion with quad core nozzle, Magicool Nova Xtreme 1080 with 9xNoctua P12 ULNA mode, EVGA 9800GX2 @780/1960/1127@40C max loaded), 2x150Gb Raptor/ Raid-0+Thermaltake BlacX ST0005U, Lian Li 343B-WCE-custom, Vista Ultimate 64

GPU-Z validation
    3dmark06 result=24067

"If someone wants us to be happy consumers, please engineer your products, don't just make and market those things ... "

Xtreme Member
    whats all this about attacking steel and aluminum? surely there are no aluminum contact plates on heat sinks or water blocks is there? or is the vapor that it gives off corrosive or something?

this stuff really is not good. I used it myself on a lapped IHS and a copper based HSF and even though I did notice 1 or 2'c drops in temps after a week of testing I went to remove it to find that it had eaten into the copper and could not be removed. I ended up having to completely relap both copper surfaces to get rid of it.

Also, if you want to see what it does to aluminum, watch this video I made:

http://www.overclock.net/gallery/sho...o/2155/cat/501
    E8500 @ STOCK | 4GB Mushkin XP2-8000 @ STOCK | MOBO TBC | GFX TBC | 2x320GB SE16 RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi SATAII | XFI Fatal1ty | Coolermaster 1kW PSU | TJ07

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by leimrod View Post
    this stuff really is not good. I used it myself on a lapped IHS and a copper based HSF and even though I did notice 1 or 2'c drops in temps after a week of testing I went to remove it to find that it had eaten into the copper and could not be removed. I ended up having to completely relap both copper surfaces to get rid of it.

Also, if you want to see what it does to aluminum, watch this video I made:

http://www.overclock.net/gallery/sho...o/2155/cat/501
    I've had it on my fuzion and e6750 for way more than a week, it does not eat into copper. It is quite easy to clean off, just use that red colored copper/steel polish stuff you can get from hardware stores, makes the copper shine like new (and no it does not coat it with anything, just removes oxidation and other contaminates).
    Asus Rampage II Gene | Core i7 920 | 6*2GB Mushkin 998729 | BFG GTX280 OCX | Auzentech X-Fi Forte | Corsair VX550
    —Life is too short to be bound by the moral, ethical and legal constraints imposed on us by modern day society.

Xtreme Member
    nice video, still i haven't seen any aluminum heatsinks blocks.

Quote Originally Posted by afX View Post
    nice video, still i haven't seen any aluminum heatsinks blocks.
    stock heatsinks are usually aluminium.

oh and 003, i'm guessing you are refering to Brasso, yeah I tried that first and after repeated attempts I still hadn't removed it, it had left grey pockmarks all over the surface. Still the fact you had to use a metal abrasive to remove it proves that it eats into the metals surface
    E8500 @ STOCK | 4GB Mushkin XP2-8000 @ STOCK | MOBO TBC | GFX TBC | 2x320GB SE16 RAID 0 | 2x1TB Hitachi SATAII | XFI Fatal1ty | Coolermaster 1kW PSU | TJ07

Xtreme X.I.P.
    I've been using CLP for over 6 months now and have the following to add:

Never had any sort of pitting in copper.

I have had what appears to be "Bondlike" conditions where after unbolting the processor if almost feels like it's fuzed on, but every time it just takes a strong twist and pops free.

The CLP does seem to be pretty stubborn, would take some effort with a polish to remove, I find it's much easier to just lap with 1000 grit. I relap the IHS and WB base each time I remount.

I also found it's much easier to install using a cotton swab as opposed to the needle.

In the end I still think it's worth it, 3C is nothing to laugh at, that's a huge gain.

It's not for everyone though, but for me...I'll take the difficulties in installation and lapping afterwards for the gain it provides.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Did you use it on your GPU also?

Hamster Powered
    LMP worked better than any other TIM that I have used. It is very important to clean and then re-clean the surfaces before applying. If it "Puddles" the surfaces still have some residue on them. I did experience mild bonding and as stated short of lapping it is a bear to get off.

Also being liquid metal the conductivity of the product requires great caution where and how it is applied. I found that using a very small square end brush (like artist use) worked the best for spreading. When the surfaces are truly clean the stuff spreads effortlessly.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidNJ View Post
    Did you use it on your GPU also?
    Yes, but I didn't log temps to keep track of it. It seems to bond best with copper so a lapped IHS|CLP|Copper WB seemed to do the best. It just seemed to be more difficult to get that surface tension effect broken on my stock nickel plates G80 IHS .

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12