Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Best headphones???

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Kobalt View Post
    I think you're joking. Right?
    Actually no, I know I am right (due to my job I've come across many studio AV stuff.)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik4041 View Post
    +1

To T2K, BOSE (By Other Sound Equipment) is nothing compared to Sennheiser. BOSE over prices everything and you get an average to good setup at most. Sennheiser sells quality products at an affordable price so you get excellent quality where it counts without breaking the bank.. I don't know where you've been getting your information, but either show some proof or don't say it at all
    Uhhh boy... how about you show any proof that Sennheiser is any better than Bose (or any other average-quality crap)?
    As you would say 'show something or STFU'.

Talk about posting ignorant BS... Bose might overprice all their stuff even higher, that's something I can probably agree but it won't change the fact that Senn is just another average-quality, everyday stuff.
    Only ignorants think it's anywhere better than others (German-sounding name perhaps?) :P

PS: however I must remind you that 99% of the people can do fine with any of these $40-50 headphones. they aren't great but work well for average purposes.
    I just don't like this stupid Senn PR BS here.
    Last edited by T2k; 09-19-2007 at 09:36 PM.

well; i just killed my pair of senny hd600's; i broke the contacts to the left hand speaker
    i have some 20 yr old senheisser hd540's (equivalent to current hd600) that still work (they dont make them like they used to)
    actually the conacts of the old 540's are very similar;...maybe i just jiggled the connector too much.
    Last edited by adamsleath; 09-19-2007 at 10:03 PM.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Alik4041 View Post
    +1

To T2K, BOSE (By Other Sound Equipment) is nothing compared to Sennheiser. BOSE over prices everything and you get an average to good setup at most. Sennheiser sells quality products at an affordable price so you get excellent quality where it counts without breaking the bank.. I don't know where you've been getting your information, but either show some proof or don't say it at all
    +1 with the BOSE

c[_]
    As far as I understand the Turtle Beach 8-speaker headphones are not actually dedicated channels and thus you are not getting true surroundsound.

Anyways, my best experience to date is with my Sony MDR-CD380's which sound very very similar to Sennhieser HD500's but need an amp unlike the 500's. I was not able to push the 500's I was testing as they were a friends and I did not want to break them. The MDR-CD380's will go very loud.... but I dont believe the model I have are in production any longer (pin-grid holes on the backs of the cans).

BOSE used to be good, 30 years ago.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sennheiser are rubbish? ok, cool we've made contact .... im from earth where you from?

you wont beat open back headphones - any audio magazine or professional will tell you that. some of the headphones mentioned arent even open back and are claimed to out perform sennheiser.

visit a audio enthusiast website or get a pro audio mag and see for yourself. when they review headphones they nearly always compare how it copes against typical sennheiser units.

"Never under estimate the predictability of stupidity"

=======
    Q6600 @ 3.6 / TRUE (both lapped)
    P5Q Deluxe
    4Gb Corsair DominatRIX 1066Mhz
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    2 x 320gb WD3200AAKS RAID-0
    Thermaltake Toughpower 850
    X-Fi Fatality / SR-71 Amp > Sennheiser HD650's & Logitech Z-5500
    HP W2207 TFT

and me??? Powered by absolut, kebabs, tramadol & a new liver

What do you think about Skullcandy headphones?

http://www.skullcandy.com/shop/headphones-c-42.html

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    As far as I understand the Turtle Beach 8-speaker headphones are not actually dedicated channels and thus you are not getting true surroundsound.
    Actually I don't really use it in any other mode than stereo, I just noted that when I tested 5.1 (with games) sounded pretty good.

Anyways, my best experience to date is with my Sony MDR-CD380's which sound very very similar to Sennhieser HD500's but need an amp unlike the 500's. I was not able to push the 500's I was testing as they were a friends and I did not want to break them. The MDR-CD380's will go very loud.... but I dont believe the model I have are in production any longer (pin-grid holes on the backs of the cans).

BOSE used to be good, 30 years ago.
    LOL. That might be true but I wasn't interested in headphones when I was ~10ys old...

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by it_burns_when_i_pee View Post
    sennheiser are rubbish? ok, cool we've made contact ....
    Define 'rubbish', please. I said average crap, perhaps less overpriced than other crap (Bose).

im from earth where you from?
    NYC
    Time-by-time we go and visit Earth, it's always an interesting trip...

you wont beat open back headphones - any audio magazine or professional will tell you that. some of the headphones mentioned arent even open back and are claimed to out perform sennheiser.

visit a audio enthusiast website or get a pro audio mag and see for yourself. when they review headphones they nearly always compare how it copes against typical sennheiser units.
    I've been to numerous studios, no need for "enthusiast" websites or "pro audio" mags, thanks.

I am Xtreme
    okkkkkkkkkkaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

Thanks to adamleath,i Found the ad700's

From what i read there one of the best headphones around in that price range.... thanks for all your advice..

cheers
    Last edited by disruptfam; 09-20-2007 at 07:44 AM.
    Quote Originally Posted by skinnee View Post
    No, I think he had a date tonight...

He and his EK Supreme are out for a night on the town!

I am Xtreme
    ummmm Stupidly dumb question.....Can i use the ad700 for my pc????

Gaming/movies and music

These are the ones i use : http://www.pioneerprodj.eu/eur/produ...000/index.html
    Pioneer HDJ 1000

I am Xtreme
    kk i'm stuck between

the ad700'd ad900's and a900's

which is best for gaming??? i read about the ad700's and marcus @ headphonic says the ad900's do everything the ad700's do but better...

But is the difference worth another 140bucks?

ad700's $229
    ad900's $369
    Last edited by disruptfam; 09-20-2007 at 08:35 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by T2k View Post
    Uhhh boy... how about you show any proof that Sennheiser is any better than Bose (or any other average-quality crap)?
    As you would say 'show something or STFU'.
    Are you ready for some proof?

Here it comes....

Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version. 

Name:	RightEar.jpg 
Views:	158 
Size:	21.7 KB 
ID:	64629  
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Member
    Sorry to distract from your topic...but has anyone tried the Icemat Siberias? What are they like?
    E8600 4.5ghz folder
    Asus P5Q Deluxe
    Enermax Galaxy DXX 1000W
    2x2GB OCZ Reaper PC8500
    2xPowercolor HD 2900XT (modded to run constant 3d clocks)
    Swiftech H220 Ultra Apex

Xtreme Member
    Kobalt that's too good

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigchrome View Post
    Sorry to distract from your topic...but has anyone tried the Icemat Siberias? What are they like?
    Icemat makes mouse pads. That's all I have to say.

Try to stick to AKG, Sennheiser, Ultrasone, Beyerdynamic, Koss , and Grado.
    3570K ● Asus V Gene ● 8GB Mushkin DDR3-2133 ● EVGA 660 Ti SC ● Seasonic X750 ● 128GB Samsung 830 SSD & External 1TB RAID1

SupremeFX SPDIF -> MHDT Constantine DAC -> Darkvoice 336i Tube Amplifier -> AKG K701

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by disruptfam View Post
    kk i'm stuck between

the ad700'd ad900's and a900's

which is best for gaming??? i read about the ad700's and marcus @ headphonic says the ad900's do everything the ad700's do but better...

But is the difference worth another 140bucks?

ad700's $229
    ad900's $369
    I am no headphone expert by any means, I have not even tried any 'audiophile-range' headphone yet but I'm also looking for a decent headphone for pretty much the same things the you will be doing with them. I think that you will be satisfied with any of them, although there of course is quite a difference between the ADs and the As.
    If you are in a noisy environment then the A900 is better suited for your needs as it will do better at blocking outside noise. I think this quote from the audio section best sums up the difference in the audio output of the AD900 and the A900 (this is someone's opinion and everyone has a different sensation with every headphone, but this pretty much mirrors the "average" opinion of most people on the internet) :

Quote Originally Posted by Yukon Trooper View Post
    ANYWAYS back to the headphones. Because of the open air design of the AD900 it offers some noticeable gains in sound quality opposed to the closed design of the A900. I'll try to explain my best between the two.

Bass - This is the one area where the A900 is superior in terms of overall amount of bass. It will be more like the subwoofer in your car that goes really low. It will have more of an effect of covering your head in bass opposed to the AD900. The AD900 has less overall bass but what is there is more defined, impactful and tight. However this is not to say it is lean on bass. It has a neutral bass compared to all headphones so would run somewhere in the middle. It all depends on the type of bass you want. If you want real thumping bass then the A900 is probably better for you. If you want clean, fast and tight bass then go for the AD900. REMEMBER some will like one type and some will like the other and this is only a guideline.

Mids - AD900 is a mid monster. You like vocals? Mids, mids mids. You like Maynard James Keenan doing what he does best? Mids, mids mids. The AD900 really shines here whereas by comparison the A900 lacks. It's not so much that the A900 doesn't have mids, it's more of the fact that it has stronger bass and treble which seem to drown out the mids.

Treble - Both are probably a winner here but I tip my hat off to the AD900 because they aren't as overpowering and are more neutral with the mids and bass. The A900 might be able to reach a bit higher but you'll find yourself taking your headphones of quicker for a break.

Comfort - Supposedly some of the most comfortable around. Both use the same system and should be equally comfortable.

The AD900 sounds like the better overall can for a wide variety of music. The bass is still good but definitely not overwhelming like the A900. If you need large amounts of bass then the A900 will be a better can for you. The mids are much better and the treble is more natural on the AD900. I'd say the Koss KC75 and AD900 are probably about equal in terms of bass but the AD900 will have better detailed bass. For gaming both are very good because of their excellent sound stage and imaging. These cans are among the top suggested for gaming so you'll be very happy with both in this regard. The AD900 has better sound stage and imaging but not by much. From reading around the AD900 is worth the extra $40 for improved sound quality so thats the can I went with.
    All three of the headphones will easily be driven by your PC, so no need for an amp.
    If you choose to buy an AD then you will still have to decide between an AD700 or an AD900 and I would say: just choose the option of which you are sure you won't regret.
    Oh and remember this: everyone's listening experience if a different one.

oh, I'm not an expert of any kind, I'm barely a novice
    "When in doubt, C-4!" -- Jamie Hyneman

Silverstone TJ-09 Case | Seasonic X-750 PSU | Intel Core i5 750 CPU | ASUS P7P55D PRO Mobo | OCZ 4GB DDR3 RAM | ATI Radeon 5850 GPU | Intel X-25M 80GB SSD | WD 2TB HDD | Windows 7 x64 | NEC EA23WMi 23" Monitor |Auzentech X-Fi Forte Soundcard | Creative T3 2.1 Speakers | AudioTechnica AD900 Headphone |

Banned
    Sennheiser HD580s here, too; got them around last Christmas before they went EOL. With a mint amp I built, they sound quite good considering the net cost.

I am Xtreme
    thank u helmore

Just what i needed

The AD900 will sound better than the AD700 but of course it comes at a price.

Myself, I'll be pairing my Auzen Prelude X-Fi with a set of the AD900's
    System
    ASUS Z170-Pro
    Skylake i7-6700K @ 4600 Mhz
    MSI GTX 1070 Armor OC
    32 GB G.Skill Ripjaws V
    Samsung 850 EVO (2)
    EVGA SuperNOVA 650 G2
    Corsair Hydro H90
    NZXT S340

Xtreme Enthusiast
    n1 kobalt .. thing is some people wont have it that there is a product better than the one they own.

regardless, since the experts bragged & compared other products to sennheiser is the reason i bought the 1st and 2nd pair. i advise everyone to make full use of the net for opinions & reviews aswell as reading magazines to decide for yourself.

the reason i wanted a decent set of headphones was because a friends brother worked for the bbc and he let me listen to a set of sennheiser "cans" he errrrrr "loaned" from work, i was hooked! he said they used sennheiser mic's and speakers for studio & radio broadcasting because the bbc made no compromise on quality.

i googled for all it was worth for reviews comparisons etc and truth being i didnt want pay that kind of money for headphones but reality struck and i knew if i bought something less my picky ears would not be happy and end up getting the senny's anyway. many reviews later i got the HD580's - awesome!

=======
    P5Q Deluxe
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    HP W2207 TFT

I am Xtreme
    I don't mind working a few hours overtime to get the ad900's from what i read there one of best around.

both the ad700 and ad900 do work with pc's yeah? and will i need a soundcard to get the most out of them.Would a x-fi fatilty champion suffice?

cheers

Xtreme Enthusiast
    to be honest the audigy 2 worked great with just the sennheisers in, its going through the amp for the environmental effects. its very loud on either

=======
    P5Q Deluxe
    1Gb HD 4870 + HR03-GT
    HP W2207 TFT

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by it_burns_when_i_pee View Post
    to be honest the audigy 2 worked great with just the sennheisers in, its going through the amp for the environmental effects. its very loud on either
    The external DAC (digital to analog converter) I have sounds much better than the audigy 2.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast