Thread: P5K issues, help

Xtreme Member

Unhappy P5K issues, help

I can't seem to change anything in the BIOS. When I change ANYTHING I go to save and exit, then the computer shuts off, starts up, and doesn't post. I have to turn it off, then back on then it gives me a message "overclocking failed" and asks if I want to go back into the BIOS or load defaults and continue. The weird thing is that if I go into the BIOS and change absolutely nothing, just go straight to save changes and exit, the issue remains. Ideas?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Update your bios yet?
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xtreme Member
    I just updated the BIOS and the problem is still occurring.

I have a friend who happens to him the same and either we do not know so that, a greeting.
    Intel Core i7 3930K // Asus Rampage IV Extreme // 4x2GB Corsair DOMINATOR GT 2400 // GeForce GTX 590 @ Mars II // Raid 0 Crucial M4 64 GB // Corsair AX1200

OBSIDIAN 800D // EK-Supreme HF Acetal-Nickel // EK-FC590 GTX Acetal-Nickel // EK-RES X2 60 + EK-D5 DUAL TOP + 2 SWIFTECH MCP655 // Thermochill TA120.4

Xtreme Member
    Got it! I don't know exactly what it was because I changed all the settings at the same time but it could have been any of the following:

Increased memory voltage to 1.85v
    Increased CPU voltage to 1.4
    Increased CPU Pll to 1.7
    Changed RAM command rate to 2T
    Disabled something called Ce1 or something

This is on a P5K Premium Black Pearl with a Q6600.

Xtreme Mentor
    Increase mem to 2.2v or if you have a fan over the ram maybe even 2.3v. I have mine at 2.4v.

Increase cpu to 1.45v

try again.

Hit F1 when it asks you to reset due to overclock fail, then when in bios (after changing things above) just hit F10, confirm "yes" and let it restart and see if that helps.

If none of that works, copy some P5K settings list posted in some of the P5k threads.
    {2012 27imac-3.4i7-680mx-32gb ram-768SSD+External TB Samsung840pro ssd + TB velociraptors-Moto828mkIII/Marantz/Amphion Sound-HPzR30w 2nd monitor}