Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Respect on XS gone South

Xtreme Addict

Respect on XS gone South

It seems like the forum is really getting ugly when it comes to respect. It hasn't always been this way and I hope FUGGER and the mods will start clamping down. It almost seems like American politics where being disrespectful is the norm and seeking truth in a respectful way is long gone.

Joe Blow member may not care,(some here love stirring the pot more then the soup in the pot) but the top clockers who give us information will not want to come here if they get beat up when posting. It is almost like some do not believe anything posted or feel they have to slight or disprove every post.

I am a little weary of all this and I love XS. Can we bring some respect to each other back to our forum?"

Xtreme Cruncher
    Politics almost always gets ugly. I refuse to discuss politics with family members for this exact reason.

I like the somewhat balanced political views here at XS. Most other technical forums (*cough* like Anandtech *cough*) have political forums that tend to be run by people who insist that there is only one side to a coin.

If politics upset you then I suggest you not look at threads containing political opinions.
    Join the XtremeSystems WCG crunching team!
    Register and download the program here.
    Choose the "BOINC" version when prompted then install.
    Questions? Click here or here.
    It's for great causes like CURING CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other stuff you should hope you never get.
    Plus it's the best system stability test ever invented!

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post
    Politics almost always gets ugly. I refuse to discuss politics with family members for this exact reason.

I like the somewhat balanced political views here at XS. Most other technical forums (*cough* like Anandtech *cough*) have political forums that tend to be run by people who insist that there is only one side to a coin.

If politics upset you then I suggest you not look at threads containing political opinions.
    It almost seems like American politics
    I was not talking about politics. I was only comparing that atmosphere in politics to the atmosphere on XS. LOL

Royal Administrator
    It is not easy to moderate every thread. If you found a post that may be offensive, rude, flame, etc. to other members, just report it.

Xtreme Guru
    Then I suggest no more discussing politics for a while.

As for not being optimisitic, it's not that, but rather some things just seem like fud and it's not necessarily the top clockers that are getting beat up about it, it's generally your average person that hasn't been involved in this kind of stuff as long as the vets have
    Quote Originally Posted by Hans de Vries View Post

JF-AMD posting: IPC increases!!!!!!! How many times did I tell you!!!

terrace215 post: IPC decreases, The more I post the more it decreases.
    .....}
    until (interrupt by Movieman)

Regards, Hans

Xtreme Addict
    Theres a difference between considered criticism and all out insults, and sometimes people do tend to overstep the lines. Thats not to say that the occasional insult does any harm, but when certain users seem to try and start arguments it can seem to be a bit pointless.

The whole point of a forum is to interact and share alternative viewpoints, but it should be entered into with the spirit of exchange and community, not a place to rant and show yourself up.

Xtreme Mentor
    Ashraf is right. Mods are simple human, and many times they have to play a balancing act and sometimes would need an extra hint from sound members to know better how everyone is reacting to something - which they might not have taken in the same extreme themselves when read.

I've seen it on every forum, including this. It's the "few" that ruin it, the sad ones who will only do it online behind a computer screen too - these are the negatives of the net Tim was talking about despising. I doubt you'd see any of it were it not for company favoritism, bias and fanship comments/arguments/interpretations.

Whats happened with dave_graham very recently stood out as very sad. Treating him like a shallow slave with enforcing demands sans thanks .

But no, that would never have happened if he broke the next 2k6 record. Rather deeeeep suck ups even if you get a finger back.

Xtreme Cruncher
    agreed. mods can only do so much. maybe close the forum to new registrations? open it once a month?

c[_]
    Or have a "noobie tuesday" like they have over on B3TA.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Cruncher
    i think opening it once every 2 weeks for a day would be good. im detesting those who have absolutely no respect and will not contribute in a healthy way, NOT those who come here to readup and learn.

Or a heavily moderated newb trainingsection , if you pass there, you allowed posting in the rest of the board but you never have an excuse anymore for any crap whatsoever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ugly n Grey
    quick someone argue with him, I can't since he's making perfect sense

Quote Originally Posted by dogsx2 View Post
    It seems like the forum is really getting ugly when it comes to respect. It hasn't always been this way and I hope FUGGER and the mods will start clamping down. It almost seems like American politics where being disrespectful is the norm and seeking truth in a respectful way is long gone.

Joe Blow member may not care,(some here love stirring the pot more then the soup in the pot) but the top clockers who give us information will not want to come here if they get beat up when posting. It is almost like some do not believe anything posted or feel they have to slight or disprove every post.

I am a little weary of all this and I love XS. Can we bring some respect to each other back to our forum?"
    dat's poly tics for ya.

the best thing to do i reckon is ignore ugly threads.

and competition gets ugly when lives r at stake.

peace man

youre all talking lcd's when u should be talking LSd's!!!!!!
    Last edited by adamsleath; 09-16-2007 at 06:20 PM.
    i7 3610QM 1.2-3.2GHz

Xtreme Member
    XS is growing.The popularity is bringing newcommers and just like all things people will be people. It is not an exclusive club like it seemed in the beginning but a place for the common folk to come see the Xtreme Overclockers in action. More people more opinions and opinions are like we all have them.

Every year or so some members go through the pains of the "so called newbi posters" cluttering up the forums but have new members is essential.
    Asrock Extreme3 Gen3
    Intel 2500K @5.0 1.52V
    Thermaltake Frio
    4-4GB Kinston HyperX 1600's
    1-256Gb Crucial M4 SSD
    Xion 1000W (Made by Superflower)
    2-Evga GTX570 in SLI
    Antec DF-30
    Windows 7 pro 64 bit

Just a regular guy, Not Xtreme!!

If I sound STUPID!! it is because I am.

Not everyone can be a Genius!!

we where all noobs once too

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Get people to stop posting rude partisan attack threads and the site won't suffer from revealing the deep ignorance of it's posters. Unfortunately it's not newbies that are provoking the forum

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
    The best quote of the thread. Everyone was a n00b at one time.
    I don't get upset at the new guy. I get upset at the "old" guy that jumps on an innocent question asked by the n00b..
    The young kid that posted a thread in total honestly amazed at how much bigger 120mm fans were than the 80's he was used to and then was hammered by a guy calling it a useless thread..Is it? Made me think a little.
    Remember the first time you bought 120's?
    What did you think? Yes, admit it..God are these big..
    I think what we need to see more of at Xs is patience.
    I could go on here but thats enough for one night.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by The_Beast View Post
    STILL am
    mike

ROADTRIP For my DAD 09-11-07 and MA 10-28-11

comhar a neartú agus a leathnú

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    The best quote of the thread. Everyone was a n00b at one time.
    I don't get upset at the new guy. I get upset at the "old" guy that jumps on an innocent question asked by the n00b..
    The young kid that posted a thread in total honestly amazed at how much bigger 120mm fans were than the 80's he was used to and then was hammered by a guy calling it a useless thread..Is it? Made me think a little.
    Remember the first time you bought 120's?
    What did you think? Yes, admit it..God are these big..
    I think what we need to see more of at Xs is patience.
    I could go on here but thats enough for one night.
    I understand frustration amongst long time users at people posting useless or irrellivent threads. I went into the Xtreme Bandwidth a couple of days ago, and seen two people asking the same question in simultanious threads, both asking what ram they should buy, and both could have found the answer results other people have had, and aking theyre own informed decision.

I have not been around XS for very long, but to be honest the reason I am here is because there are LOADS of people who are very skilled and knowlegable in my interest, computers.

But I also notice deterioration in the intellect people put into posts "flaming" others because of theyre apparent lack of knowladge. There is no need for that. Though at times it can be frustrating, i think it's better just not to post, than to post something plainly insulting...

All in all I think XS is a good place to find information. Not allowing people to join doesnt help, you may be turning away some one with something very intellegint to input... Theres no need for heavy policing, things dont seem bad really, just inform a user misusing the forums... If they flame you in return just send a link to a mod or admin, and i'm sure all will be fine.

Movieman is right though, we only learn from others. Sometimes stupid questions need to be asked

I think my post is more of a compliment than complaint.
    Last edited by The0men; 09-18-2007 at 01:57 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The0men View Post
    I understand frustration amongst long time users at people posting useless or irrellivent threads. I went into the Xtreme Bandwidth a couple of days ago, and seen two people asking the same question in simultanious threads, both asking what ram they should buy, and both could have found the answer results other people have had, and aking theyre own informed decision.

I have not been around XS for very long, but to be honest the reason I am here is because there are LOADS of people who are very skilled and knowlegable in my interest, computers.

But I also notice deterioration in the intellect people put into posts "flaming" others because of theyre apparent lack of knowladge. There is no need for that. Though at times it can be frustrating, i think it's better just not to post, than to post something plainly insulting...

All in all I think XS is a good place to find information. Not allowing people to join doesnt help, you may be turning away some one with something very intellegint to input... Theres no need for heavy policing, things dont seem bad really, just inform a user misusing the forums... If they flame you in return just send a link to a mod or admin, and i'm sure all will be fine.

Movieman is right though, we only learn from others. Sometimes stupid questions need to be asked

I think my post is more of a compliment than complaint.
    May I summarize?

If you don't have anything constructive to say, DON'T SAY IT.

The Cardboard Master
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i remember my first 120 mm fan ... also remember my tornado ... holy lol.
    emptiness

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsx2 View Post

This is why we have the speek freely section. So the regular Joe Blow can stir the pot and the overclocker can go elsewhere. I have noticed that issues inside the SF section can be carried out into the rest of the forum though. Sometimes I see subtle little cheap-shots here and there but, meh.

Quote Originally Posted by CandymanCan View Post
    So because people arent optimistic or dont belive anything you want the mods to moderate it ?
    I don't think he's getting at that. The atmosphere in the SF section is really gloomy and depressing. But that's why we have it. You speek freely, and the topic of discussion is usually world affairs (ie politics).. and to be blunt, the world is a gloomy place

Quote Originally Posted by Cracker View Post

I agree, but some people forget that debating is meant to remain civil but then again, when does it? Never. Not here in XS, not anywhere else. Guess we just have to live with it I suppose because that really isn't going to change, unless the SF section is closed (nooo!)
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol if you were watching cnn?? was it, the lady had a little mini debate with 2 senators about the immigration crap, and it got unruly towards the end lol.
    emptiness

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Xs is what the members make it..If they want to flame each other then it will go downhill but the responsibility is theirs.
    The Mods and Admins aren't babysitters but it appears that is what people think we should be.
    You guys control much more thatn you realise.
    You got a problem member, stilck him on your ignore list..
    Very simple..
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Xs is what the members make it..If they want to flame each other then it will go downhill but the responsibility is theirs.
    The Mods and Admins aren't babysitters but it appears that is what people think we should be.
    You guys control much more thatn you realise.
    You got a problem member, stilck him on your ignore list..

Very simple..
    Quoted for emphasis....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    wag wan.... respect mon.......

peace, love and respect FTW!!!!!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast