Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: OCPulse Heatsink Showdown! Comprehensive Air Cooling Roundup

Admin
    The Silentator is made by the same OEM as the Noctua U12. It has one less fin (37 vs. 38) and one less pipe (3 vs. 4), but I think the pipes are a larger diameter. The designs are practically identical...

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Good Job Spawne32

One small gripe, the picture of the YL fans show a D12SM-12, D12SL-12, and D12SM-12. I thought for a sec the fans tested where the Low Speed ones, but after paying attention closely, noticed it was the Medium Speed ones .

Xtreme Guru
    If there is anyone out there that already has an HR-01 Plus, could they please contact me via PM.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Spawne32 View Post
    If there is anyone out there that already has an HR-01 Plus, could they please contact me via PM.
    Pm sent, what's wrong?
    Work and School, Work and School, oi!

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by IKIKUINTHENUTZ View Post
    Pm sent, what's wrong?
    I just want to verify the mounting system on that one, its quite confusing.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by saapas View Post
    Spawne, isn't that Coolink heatsink exactly the same as in Noctua, the only difference being the fan? Oh, and less heatpipes too.
    I have an official statement for you from the company directly (and this goes for all you guys who complain about rebadged heatsinks)...

"As stated on the Coolink website, the ‘Silentator’ is based upon the design of Noctua’s successful NH-U coolers (see http://www.coolink-europe.com/main.p...t=1&cat_set=1). Compared to Noctua’s NH-U12F, it uses only 3 heatpipes instead of 4 as well as a different fin layout that’s been optimized for use with Coolink’s SWiF 1202 fan. Whereas the Noctua is targeted towards the silent enthusiast with its 1200/800RPM fan, the Silentator offers a little more headroom for the overclockers out there. All in all, the Silentator offers performance levels very close to the award winning NH-U12F at a more attractive price point.

As far as the relationship between Kolink (Coolink is Kolink's retail brand: http://www.coolink-europe.com/main.php?show=company) and Noctua is concerned, please refer to Noctua’s website: http://www.noctua.at/main.php?show=unternehmen&lng=en

It’s clearly stated that Kolink is one of the driving forces behind Noctua, so there’s no reason whatsoever to think of the Silentator as a “ripoff” or something like that. The close cooperation between Noctua and Kolink is by no means a secret and the Silentator is plain and simply the result of this cooperation."

I am Xtreme
    good info!
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Guru
    Just thought id give you guys a heads up as to what is coming in the next set of testing results, you will see all of these added to bigger and better charts when the results are ready.

Coolink Silentator
    Zalman CPNS9700
    Thermalright Ultima 90 (assuming thermalright ever ships it)
    Enzotech Ultra-X
    Xigmatek HDT-S983
    Thermalright HR-01 Plus - Low Speed Fan
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Low Speed Fan
    Scythe Infinity PUSH/PUSH
    Thermaltake MaxOrb
    Thermaltake Sonic Tower
    Thermaltake Mini Big Typhoon

Xtreme Addict
    Spawne32, i'd give you for this comparison 'Xtreme Legend' status .

Sorry for my bad English

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by L'enFer View Post
    Spawne32, i'd give you for this comparison 'Xtreme Legend' status .
    my ego tells me yes...but my brain tells me nooooo!

Xtreme Member
    I enjoyed looking at the results but would like to see all heatsinks compared with the fan as a constant. That would truly show how efficient the design of each heatsink is.
    I MSI P67A-GD65 I Intel i5 2500K I 8Gb Samsung I
    I Corsair F3 60Gb I AMD 6850 I Dell SP2208WFP I Windows 7 x64 I
    I Current Speed: 4.5Ghz I RAM 1866Mhz @ 9-9-9-27 1T I
    I Laptop I Acer 1830T I Intel i5-470UM I Crucial M225 I 4Gb DDR3 I

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by roadie View Post
    I enjoyed looking at the results but would like to see all heatsinks compared with the fan as a constant. That would truly show how efficient the design of each heatsink is.
    Yes i have taken that into account, but when you do that, you stray away from the actual results of what the retail heatsink should be performing. When a person goes out and buys say...a Thermaltake V1, it comes with the fan, where as the Thermalrights dont, thats the reason why i did it that way. So you know what you get out of the box, of course there will be more combinations added, modified setups to the current heatsinks added to the list and all that good stuff, it just takes ALOT of time and effort to get all that done.

Just thought id give you guys a heads up as to what is coming in the next set of testing results, you will see all of these added to bigger and better charts when the results are ready.

Coolink Silentator
    Zalman CPNS9700
    Thermalright Ultima 90 (assuming thermalright ever ships it)
    Enzotech Ultra-X
    Xigmatek HDT-S983
    Thermalright HR-01 Plus - Low Speed Fan
    Thermalright Ultra 120 Extreme - Low Speed Fan
    Scythe Infinity PUSH/PUSH
    Thermaltake MaxOrb
    Thermaltake Sonic Tower
    Thermaltake Mini Big Typhoon
    So far this is an excellence HS shootout Spawne32! When can we expect the second wave of results?

Keep up the good work. It is appreciated.
    C2D E6700 @ 3.3mhz (vcore +0.0375)
    MSI P6N SLI Platinum
    Corsair VR 2048mb PC 6400
    eVGA Geforce 8800GTS

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by ty1er View Post
    So far this is an excellence HS shootout Spawne32! When can we expect the second wave of results?

Keep up the good work. It is appreciated.
    I have the Coolink Silentator and Zalman heatsinks already tested, the Mini Typhoon flat out doesnt mount to 90% of LGA775 boards apparently. The smaller Xigmatek is also done, Thermalright never bothered to ship out an Ultima 90 like they said they would, so im done dealing with them. TT was out of stock on the sonic tower, the max orb is getting tested today, as well as the OC'ed results on all the heatsinks tomorrow. Nick just got done the weight and price/performance charts. And i still need to redo the HR-01+ and the Ultra 120 Extreme with low speed fans. So hopefully on track for saturday night if i get everything done, if not, next week for sure, Rosewill is also supposed to be sending out that goofy looking heatsink but not sure when i will get that. Oh and i got the Ultra-X tested, but i need to test that on the OC'ed results.

Xtreme Guru
    another setback, turns out neither the Mini Typhoon or MaxOrb work on LGA775 boards that have capacitors and such around the socket....i dont know wtf that is all about but im gona get in touch with Thermaltakes R&D department and foward the pictures of the problem.

Xtreme Guru
    Update posted, still have more work to do on it next week.

Wandersome Cruncher
    Looking at that would I be correct in thinking the Scythe Mine would be a decent choice for getting moderate o/c with a go 6600???

Looking for "decent" clocks without too much noise......eg: would be happy to hit 3 ghz.

Alternatively the BT VX?

Cost about £24 and £29 respectively.

Hmmm

*Shame the Freezer 7 isn't there for comparison....seems a good "average" sink to compare against*
    Visit The Boinc Bar Today

Boinc Boinc......The first 50 mil is the hardest!
    POEM U.K number one.....woot

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by vaiodeux View Post
    Looking at that would I be correct in thinking the Scythe Mine would be a decent choice for getting moderate o/c with a go 6600???

Looking for "decent" clocks without too much noise......eg: would be happy to hit 3 ghz.

Alternatively the BT VX?

Cost about £24 and £29 respectively.

Hmmm

*Shame the Freezer 7 isn't there for comparison....seems a good "average" sink to compare against*
    That my friend your gona have to decide for yourself, use the price:performance comparison chart for that. Sorry i couldnt get a freezer 7 in there, arctic cooling declined to submit a sample for the review, and i havent the available funds for any more heatsink purchases for quite some time. I do have that new rosewill heatsink coming in next week, that should be the last sample for the season.

Xtreme Addict
    great review! how about the Thermalright HR-01 Plus with a Push-Pull configuration? will it be at par with the TRUE?

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by emoners View Post
    great review! how about the Thermalright HR-01 Plus with a Push-Pull configuration? will it be at par with the TRUE?
    Still have a few more to test ;-) very busy with college now, but i will get those in

I am Xtreme
    Update posted, still have more work to do on it next week.
    NICE, nice, nice!...good show!
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

Xtreme Member
    Spawne32, great job you've done there !

Just a suggestion though, a stock HSF number is always nice to have the "complete" picture of the HSFs landscape !

Fyi, if you're going to do on Intel LGA775 stock HSF, there are two versions, the cooper for high end CPU and aluminium core for low end like E21x0 CPUs.

It wil be interesting to watch for those stock HSFs in the Heatsink Price: Performance Ratio chart !
    Last edited by bing; 10-09-2007 at 04:52 AM.

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by bing View Post
    Spawne32, great job you've done there !

Just a suggestion though, a stock HSF number is always nice to have the "complete" picture of the HSFs landscape !

Fyi, if you're going to do on Intel LGA775 stock HSF, there are two versions, the cooper for high end CPU and aluminium core for low end like E21x0 CPUs.

It wil be interesting to watch for those stock HSFs in the Heatsink Price: Performance Ratio chart !
    haha, very well then :p

Xtreme Member
    haha, very well then :p
    I would love to see which "aftermarket" cooling solutions come in at or near the stock HSF, even though people pay money to buy them.

I agree that the addition of this information is an excellent idea.

.....and, as always, THANK YOU for continuing to work on this thread and adding updates Spawne!
    **Formerly**
    *Best Air-Cooled E6420 1M SuperPi score on XS*

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by evoic View Post
    I would love to see which "aftermarket" cooling solutions come in at or near the stock HSF, even though people pay money to buy them.

I agree that the addition of this information is an excellent idea.

.....and, as always, THANK YOU for continuing to work on this thread and adding updates Spawne!
    Wait until you guys see the new website we are working on at ocpulse.com, i just got a glimpse of the new logo and main page banner last night, and i wet my pants

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast