Thread: Harddrive issue on P4C800-E Deluxe

Xtreme Member

Harddrive issue on P4C800-E Deluxe

My P4C800-E Deluxe has seen purchase been acting very strange. From time to time I find that I sort of can't access the harddrive. I can boot the computer with my HDD connected to one, flat, IDE cabel and a Plextor CD-RW on the other channel, and boot fine one day. The next day I'm experiencing a 5-10 second delay on the first BIOS post screen and that the system reports of no boot disk, even though the HDD is to find in the BIOS along with my CD-RW. I've changed harddrive and CD-RW but nothing helps. If I try to boot to my Windows XP cd I can't even get to the first menu if the harddrive is connected, but if I just disconnect the 12v everything is back to normal, although I for obvious reasons can't boot into Windows.

I've tried practically everything - new BIOS, new CPU, RAM, PSU (a much greater PSU too), new HDD and new CD-RW.

I'm c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y out of good ideas. I've tried with a P4P800 on this setup, and it works perfect.
    ABit IP35 Pro BIOS 14
    Q6600 G0
    2*1GB Super Talent PC6400
    Inno3D 8800GTX
    Corsair HX620

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Alaza View Post

I've tried practically everything - new BIOS, new CPU, RAM, PSU (a much greater PSU too), new HDD and new CD-RW.

I'm c-o-m-p-l-e-t-e-l-y out of good ideas. I've tried with a P4P800 on this setup, and it works perfect.
    Tried a new IDE Cable?
    Get to know Musk

ASUS P5B Deluxe
    2x1Gb GSkill HZ
    E6600 L629B361
    7950GT
    Bad Breath

Xtreme Member
    I tried several actually, flat as well as round on both drives. I got the idea 'cause a friend of mine has been running Asus cards for his whole life basically, and he's been experiencing a lot of problem with Asus cards and round IDE cables... for God knows that reason. :P
    ABit IP35 Pro BIOS 14
    Q6600 G0
    Inno3D 8800GTX
    Corsair HX620

Xtreme Member
    *bump*
    ABit IP35 Pro BIOS 14
    Q6600 G0
    Inno3D 8800GTX
    Corsair HX620