Thread: X-Fi extreme music OEM...bios flash?

Xtreme Member

X-Fi extreme music OEM...bios flash?

picked up an X-Fi extreme music that came as an OEM in a dell or gateway machine. this card is not supported by creative except for a basic drivers package that does not allow full functionality of the card. found a re-worked FULL software install on a Chinese website that enables all functions of the card and all the associated creative software. BUT...its a soft mod and will not allow for any further updates except for whatever else this guy might release in the future. this guy has a thread on his websites forum talking about having successfully flashed the BIOS of the card and turning it into an X-Fi platinum AND/or fatality pro gamer( or something like that, getting lost on all the fatality stuff at this point) that is recognized by creative and fully supported.

i read the forum rules on copyrighted material, warez, and such, and am hoping i am not violating the policy here by asking. if i AM, someone plz let me know and I'll edit the post pronto. if i'm NOT, i would love to know anything anyone has on flashing X-Fi BIOS'.

thx guys.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by lochabar View Post
    picked up an X-Fi extreme music that came as an OEM in a dell or gateway machine. this card is not supported by creative except for a basic drivers package that does not allow full functionality of the card. found a re-worked FULL software install on a Chinese website that enables all functions of the card and all the associated creative software. BUT...its a soft mod and will not allow for any further updates except for whatever else this guy might release in the future. this guy has a thread on his websites forum talking about having successfully flashed the BIOS of the card and turning it into an X-Fi platinum AND/or fatality pro gamer( or something like that, getting lost on all the fatality stuff at this point) that is recognized by creative and fully supported.

i read the forum rules on copyrighted material, warez, and such, and am hoping i am not violating the policy here by asking. if i AM, someone plz let me know and I'll edit the post pronto. if i'm NOT, i would love to know anything anyone has on flashing X-Fi BIOS'.

thx guys.
    It's more of a Firmware update I think

Try here?
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.
    For that we should thank BOTH (AMD and Intel) companies!

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    yup, thats the chinese guy that i got the softmod stuff from. he is claiming that he has turned an X-Fi extrememusic like mine into an X-Fi platinum via a BIOS flash. here is the specific link:

http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

i am uber-curious about getting my hands on a BIOS tool i can use with creative cards, that bios flash, or something similar.

i'm kinna just being anal here, everything is working just cherry....i think i am twitching because the X-ram chip,(ya, my card has it right there over the sound processor, just like the fatality) seems to be disabled via the BIOS. at least, i can find no indication that it is active. so right now i have a card that is functioning as an extreme music, SB0460, BUT its the same exact card as the X-Fi platinum and fatatlity FPS. everyting i can find says its just a BIOS flash away from ...betterness? new word, i know.

I am Xtreme
    yup, thats the chinese guy that i got the softmod stuff from. he is claiming that he has turned an X-Fi extrememusic like mine into an X-Fi platinum via a BIOS flash. here is the specific link:

http://www.youp-pax.org/viewthread.p...extra=page%3D1

i am uber-curious about getting my hands on a BIOS tool i can use with creative cards, that bios flash, or something similar.

i'm kinna just being anal here, everything is working just cherry....i think i am twitching because the X-ram chip,(ya, my card has it right there over the sound processor, just like the fatality) seems to be disabled via the BIOS. at least, i can find no indication that it is active. so right now i have a card that is functioning as an extreme music, SB0460, BUT its the same exact card as the X-Fi platinum and fatatlity FPS. everyting i can find says its just a BIOS flash away from ...betterness? new word, i know.
    Then you shouldn't have to do anything but use the CD that came with you card first. Once I added the I/O Driver to my computer, WinXP renamed My X-Fi XtremeMusic "X-FI Platinum". I didn't think it was a big deal

Maybe you should look for an ISO of the CD that comes with the I/O Drive upgrade. I like the I/O Drive BTW!
    With the two approaches to "how" to design a processor WE are the lucky ones as we get to choose what is important to us as individuals.

Posted by duploxxx
    I am sure JF is relaxed and smiling these days with there intended launch schedule. SNB Xeon servers on the other hand....
    Posted by gallag
    there yo go bringing intel into a amd thread again lol, if that was someone droping a dig at amd you would be crying like a girl.
    qft!

Xtreme Member
    thats interesting. i think i understand what is going on there and am going to try to find an install for that. also, found some info on the x-ram issue. it only goes active if a game you are playing is encoded to use the x-ram. or so i understand at this point.

still trying to get my hands on that bios flash, will post a link for anyone interested when i get it.

I am Xtreme
    thats interesting. i think i understand what is going on there and am going to try to find an install for that. also, found some info on the x-ram issue. it only goes active if a game you are playing is encoded to use the x-ram. or so i understand at this point.

still trying to get my hands on that bios flash, will post a link for anyone interested when i get it.
    I think it might not matter but hey, go for it. Give us a follow-up if you get this to work.

Yes, X-RAM support is Game Dependant and will not just kick-in. Battlefield2 series is the only one I've comfirmed that supports it but there was talk of Bioshock and newer games supporting it as well.

I'd love to get a Auzen Prelude X-Fi 7.1 but have other stuff I need to get first. I can't wait to get that Receiver, I have it narrowed down to two. Pioneer 917 and HK AVS 247. I know Harmon Kardon is better but also costs more.

Posted by duploxxx
    Posted by gallag
    qft!