Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: chilly1 issue

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    I hate to say this, but I would give it up.
    Run... with respect, this is not what should be said at this point.

You know just because some of you guys live outside the USA does not mean you have no legal recourse for this. There are also other roads to take also.

Try talking to the US embassy in your home countries just to get a feel at what arrangements are in place and also your national embassy in the US if you need information. Thats all I say for now.

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    Run... with respect, this is not what should be said at this point.
    I take no offense to what your saying.

I don't know what else to say. I've said everything else I could think of in the past two years.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Addict
    I've known Ron for a good while now, and knowing the situation first-hand I can see exactly what he means.

I did what I could to help as well, dealing with the Chilly1 Fund. Every penny from that fund, and a LOT of my own money as well, went to helping with shipping and doing refunds (whether partial or complete) for some while the finances were there. None of that actually went to Reggie himself, just so that's clear.

I still have hope that he'll pull through and take care of things, but it has been a long time.

Giving up may sound harsh to those that haven't been directly involved but for anyone that's been on this long, hard road, I hope you can understand where the feeling comes from.

These 'builder relations' threads are meant to be for direct customer contact, not for those to put their '2 cents' in, but this particular issue is a long and painful one, and I guess it's unavoidable. A post or some input from the man himself is the only way things will ever get back on track.

Gray
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Gray. I don't normally put my '2 cents' in a thread like this, and I'll take this oppurtunity to sympatise directly with you in relation to your own thread when it got plundered by people who had NOTHING to do with it, rather recently.

However, you must also realise these issues attract an awaful lot of attention. Rons post above, however made in the best of faith, begged a response. Some of us find it difficult to just walk on by actionless. Thats part of been human. Maybe its because me in the same situation would never everaccept "would give it up".

Secondly, it would appear that reggie has not replied for a while here. The 'direct customer contact' seems to be non existent in this thread.

Xtreme Addict
    As the same as Riptide, I don't like to throw my two cents in either but seeing as how at one point I was planning to buy from him just moments before everything hit the fan and it would have caused me to get caught up into it, I am anyway.

Giving up is not the thing to do. People paid money which may not seem like a considerable amount to some, but to those who paid it was enough to make them feel used, betrayed and scammed. The value of a dollar isn't just based on economy, but also on how hard you work to earn it. To these people it was worth quite a bit- enough to feel as they do anyway. To simply tell these people to give up on it is the most absurd thing Ive heard on these forums. Defending someone is fine but there are times when you simply can't, especially when he went silent yet again and provides no means of contact with these people.

Something normally that scammers do after they pulled the con. They just disappear. I'm not saying hes a scammer nor con artist, but were I in these peoples shoes I -would- feel that way. He needs to speak up and remaining silent is wasting away what shred of trust he still has.

He did seem like a pretty cool guy, of course with the same name as myself who wouldn't be? /joke

But that does not omit him from the repercussions of his actions and instead of remaining silent and leaving folks in the dark still to this day, pop in and say something. Anything. Please, try to save what face that remains and at least acknowledge these people with an answer? Business is business and two years is too long to wait. The time has come and past and it would be nice to see you get back on your feet again. Your skills are quite good and I do want a system eventually.
    Last edited by Reznik Akime; 10-04-2007 at 04:45 AM.

Admin
    Okay sorry I got you guys ruffled. Let me re-phrase.

You guys have waited for two years on Reggie to regroup. If you plan on waiting another two years, you may as well move on. Chilly1 has no money. He's as poor as the rest of us. You can't get blood out of a turnip. I am not defending the man. He got in over his head and things went bad for him. No matter what the case he took your money and he owes you money or coolers.
    Go ahead and throw in your 2 cents worth. I think everyone should get their money back, but I seriously doubt they will.
    Your money means the same to you as mine means to me - Hard Work.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Your money means the same to you as mine means to me - Hard Work.
    For normal workers I agree, but for students it's even more than hard work. The biggest problem is:

Taking legal action costs MORE money and I think Reggie is really poor atm, so I wouldn't get a penny....

I've to accept the loss, but I won't forget it ever and I hope Reggie will remember this scam till the day he dies (not yet, but in 20-40 years).... he has lost his reputation and his great name. He's on the same level like a few other phase change scammers ....

SHAME ON YOU OLD MAN!

Xtreme Member
    thats right, he had a very good reputation and everybody knows the name chilly1, but chilly1 wont write phasechange history anymore. he changed his famous name against the name of a stupid poor old creature. i doubt that he´s shaming on what he has done.
    I love Extreme Overclocking

Banned
    It is sad that we can't sue as he has no money to pay. So the 28 of us that he took between $650 and $2000 from should just shrug our shoulders and walk away from this? It is frustrating...very frustrating indeed. Ron is right...I've been to his house. He doesn't have a pot to pee in so-to-speak. His house was barely liveable when I was there.

*shakes head* this is one of the reasons why I don't come here too much anymore. No one was there to put any kind of pressure on Reggie. He's allowed to sell parts but basically is thumbing his nose at the rest of us waiting for units we'll never see. Sad way to deal with people. But as the saying goes...'What goes around comes around'.

Xtreme Member
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/member.php?u=4997
    Chilly1 seems to be active, but is not brave enough to just tell everyone that they won't get their money back.

Guess the losses in life crushed him and his finances.

The 2nd thing that pisses me off that FUGGER was covering up Chilly1, by saying that almost all the phases are done.
    After googling some stuff, someone said that FUGGER deleted the "Finally" thread.
    Yeah fugger said he delted it b/c there was no need for it anymore because all units would be shipping that week, I believe it was like 2.5 weeks ago...
    I'm not saying that FUGGER is a liar, im just concerned that such a legend would do such things.

I wish you guys luck and I hope you all get what you paid for.

Chilly1 will stand up and pay for everything he has taken OR disappear forever.
    Last edited by noroger; 11-06-2007 at 07:49 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    edited
    Last edited by teyber; 11-07-2007 at 07:51 AM.
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teyber View Post
    I think chilly1 is a pretty good scam artist. Noreger, you say the losses in life, did something happen? i thought he just peaced out. Fugger, you went to his house? he owes you lots of $$$ man, did you confront him in person?
    Don't post in this thread!
    I don't remember a name like yours on the customer list...

Pls don't spam here when you don't know whats going on.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Entsafter View Post
    Don't post in this thread!
    I don't remember a name like yours on the customer list...

Pls don't spam here when you don't know whats going on.
    correct my name is not on the list, i was unaware this was for customers only and i edited my post. Sorry mate
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

I remembered Chilly1 talking about his health a few years ago when i actually used to come here to the boards...

Shoot from the sounds of it then he sounded like he didnt have long to live.

anyways there are ways of finding people and from your desk too.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by BiFfMaN View Post
    I remembered Chilly1 talking about his health a few years ago when i actually used to come here to the boards...

Shoot from the sounds of it then he sounded like he didnt have long to live.

anyways there are ways of finding people and from your desk too.
    I know where he lives...been to his house. I have his phone number. He even picks up the call usually. The issue is he lies so artfully and convincingly I think he believes what he's saying! LOL

It has been two years and a month since my order (and I am definately not the oldest order!) and he won't even post a pic of the fantastic cascade he describes to me on the phone. I had a thread active in the phase section that no one has updated since 6/13!! Link: http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=142718

Like I said before...this is really sad to allow this to continue and he gets off scott free.
    Last edited by Philly_Boy; 11-07-2007 at 11:31 AM.

Yah i feel for you all.....and like someone said, what can people do legally.

But seems strange really, to be active for 4 years make over 4000 posts to just scam people.......hard to belive imo.

Banned
    Reggie really is a good fellow, I stand by him 100%. I ordered my unit from him over 2 years ago myself and still waiting for a cash refund. I talk with Reggie at least once a week on the phone for about 30 minutes so I can get updates from him on how things are going and I send emails back and forth regularly. He has always picked up the phone or given me a call back within an hour when I try to call.

Obviously this is not the s/n that I placed my order under but Reggie knows who I am.

Chilly is NOT a scammer. He's currently in debt $.5 million from all of the events surrounding the departure of his wife and severe illness. Luckily he is just now starting to get back on his feet and get things worked out. I just talked to him a few days ago and he has a new shop set up, he has all of the parts on hand for the units that need to be built, and is just looking for the time to get the units built between his day jobs. He had a good tone in his voice last I talked to him though, he hopes to be caught up with units in 6-7 months at which point he is going to start making refund payment + interest to those who cancelled their orders such as myself.

Reggie is a good guy with a big heart that ran in to serious problems that have prevented him from being able to operate his phase business. I know it's been years now, but if you were in his shoes, helpless to do anything about it, how would you feel? He IS working on getting things straightened out. Everyone that's owed something WILL get it at some point or another. It's just best at this point to let him take as much time as he needs because there's nothing that anyone can do to speed up the recovery process.

Anyhow, back to work I go.

P.S. Even if someone were able to succesfully start a lawsuit against Reggie and the plaintiff were awarded the money, he wouldn't have the money to pay it.... Just because you might win in court against the guy doesn't mean he has the funds to give you, the court will also recognize this and give him a considerable amount of time taking in to consideration his current financial situation to pay you back. In other words it's a waste of time to take him to court, it's not going to put money in your pocket any faster or get you your unit any faster.
    Last edited by H8Machine666; 11-08-2007 at 07:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by H8Machine666 View Post
    In other words it's a waste of time to take him to court, it's not going to put money in your pocket any faster or get you your unit any faster.
    Yes but it will garauntee the remedy sooner or later. And also it is the courts job to find out his net worth. Its easy enough to liquidate shops and material.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Who are you?
    Someone who's owed nearly $2500 by chilly1. Certainly not an "outside observer". If you make an attempt to contact him, he will answer or reply.

Xtreme Member
    Someone who's owed nearly $2500 by chilly1. Certainly not an "outside observer". If you make an attempt to contact him, he will answer or reply.
    Thats not 100% true for all customers.

I tryed several times to contact him (a lot of pms, emails...text messages and calls)...
    I got 1 answer a few days ago.

I dont think that I'll get money back, but maybe some of the customers will or at least their units. But not before 2008....

Xtreme Mentor
    Banned for your white supremacist Aryan Nations logo? Buh bye.
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Banned for your white supremacist Aryan Nations logo? Buh bye.
    Ah yes! PWN+1

Xtreme Member
    So is everyone giving up????

I just called him and it seems he is still alive and well. Had a nice conversation with him. He's working to keep afloat and 3 months behind all his bills now. He also told me he will be producing his phase change units by middle of next month.

Hopefully he will have some money to go around soon.
    Last edited by kcnyc; 12-16-2007 at 09:15 PM.

-150c Club Member
    I just called him and it seems he is still alive and well. Had a nice conversation with him. He's working to keep afloat and 3 months behind all his bills now. He also told me he will be producing his phase change units by middle of next month.
    I dont mean to be the hope killer, but I've been told that months ago.

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

SLC
    I speak to chilly once in a while... I seemed to get a differnt experience from him than most of the folks here. I ordered my unit about 1.5 years ago and I got it within 6 weeks like he promised. Then about 8 months later it died on me and I sent it back for warranty. Been waiting 7 months or so to get it repaired (truth is I completely forgot about it for 6 of those months and never checked up) and I have complete faith that I will have it within a few months after speaking with chilly. He almost always picks up his cell when I call.

My order came from a multi million dollar business though so its not exactly a personal one. And we do have a lawyer to deal with things like this...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast