Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: chilly1 issue

Xtreme Member

chilly1 issue

In our own section (only visible for chilly1 customers waiting for their stuff) nothing happens...

So I try it with more users!

Is there anyone who has recently contact with Reggie? I (we) don't know what's going on... we're kept in the dark!

No status updates, no tracking numbers.. nothing.

Probably there are over 25 customers waiting for their stuff and nothing happens!?! No lawyers here? I need advice!

edit:
    I got a message that chilly1 doesn't have an internet connection anymore... so that's the reason why he hasn't been here since 7. of july...
    Last edited by Entsafter; 08-27-2007 at 03:14 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    sigh his heatware is gone bad too... the one that really bothers me is the very first at the top from 24infront, although this dude claims he has not gotten his unit for almost 2 yrs now yet he himself has a 0 rating on heatware though chilly has not responded to him.... i actually had a quick question for chilly but his pm box is full

Xtreme Member
    I'm also one of the 2yrs waiters I'm waiting problem the longest (or second longest) from all the customers...

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Entsafter View Post
    I'm also one of the 2yrs waiters I'm waiting problem the longest (or second longest) from all the customers...
    yah i feel your pain... so in 2 yrs you are still committed to the project though?

Xtreme Mentor
    Sneil is building me a unit, and has bought the lcd display from him. Hes been really slow with it...
    Last edited by teyber; 09-13-2008 at 08:30 AM.
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme Member
    Nothing...
    But he's still in business with unter-the-ice.com! So he gets money everytime, they sold an evap kit....

holy crap!

Admin
    Nothing...
    But he's still in business with unter-the-ice.com! So he gets money everytime, they sold an evap kit....

holy crap!
    I am not " in " business with Chilly1. I do business with him. Two totally different meanings in English. I buy parts from Daniel and Chilly1 and sell them in my store.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    Ok... sry for my english. This mistake could have damaged your reputation. I apologize for the missinformation.

Admin
    Ok... sry for my english. This mistake could have damaged your reputation. I apologize for the missinformation.
    No problem I know you ment no harm.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member

But still no progress... seems that he disappeard...

I should have give my money to poor people in africa and not to a guy who doesn't even give a sh it about his customers...

X.I.P
    lol 2300 that is my lost

Xtreme Cruncher
    I hope this bad karma does not raise the temps on my Chilly1 phase unit ...mine is B.C. (Before Catastrophe)
    20 Logs on the fire for WCG: i7 920@2.8 X3220@3.0 X3220@2.4 E8400@4.05 E6600@2.4

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Man it seems like he's got some mental issues, no joke. Seems like he must have some serious depression or something that causes him to procrastinate like this. I know he's not trying to intentionally rip people off, but a person with this kind of weight on thier shoulders and huge sense of failure like this from so many people probably makes it 10 times worse and him 10 times slower. I bet you he is or should be treated with depression, sounds like a classic case. Sucks, but what can u do eh? Does he have anyone helping him at all to get all this out? I think he definatly needs some help b/c obviously he cant do it on his own, not right now anyway.
    Extreme Phase Builder/User

SLI Cascade in the works.

Xtreme Member
    Do you really think there was no help?
    Money was collected (also from customers, who are waiting) and sent to Reggie to help him shipping some units...

I always (nearly 2 years) was on the side of Reggie and tryed to defeat his delays. But after he told me several times that he's done the unit and he's going to post pics... I don't believe him and I don't try to help him anymore... I know he does a lot for XS and the phase change coolers for computers, but you've to try even in the darkest hour and you've to be honest to your customers!

I would never accuse him of stealing the money for other things. I know he wanted to produce the units and ship them but then several things happend (I don't know if all of them are true) and he had a very bad time... after this we saw him again on XS and he told us, that there is a slow progress and all were happy again!

But WHY dissappeard he again? We need him to let us know what's going on! I could wait another year, because I know I never get my money back, but he needs to stand up and tell us the thruth and give us a detailed time schedule...

For now it seems that he founded a new company and earns money with it... let the old customers alone....

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Do you have his phone number and tried calling him?
    Extreme Phase Builder/User

SLI Cascade in the works.

Xtreme Member
    I was in Vegas and didn't get an answer calling him (he didn't pick up)...

Xtreme Member
    Ents, you should edit out his phone number and PM it to Sniel rather than posting in a public forum.

Xtreme Member
    No.... I don't think so...

Everybody has to know his number. I don't think that every customer, chilly1 ows unit or money, is added to the special chilly1 section!

Mods or Admins can edit my posting, but I won't do it.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    It's ok.
    Fugger posted his cell phone number in another thread, and he's the boss. So that should be no problem.
    Rig #1
    Gigabyte P67A-UD4 trying to figure out this POS board
    2600k @ ?????
    2x2Gb GSkill RipJaws-X 1333 (7-7-7-21)
    ATI 5850
    Coba Nitrox 750W
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, Watercool GPU-X³ 5870 Nickel, PA120.3, Laing Ultra with XSPC top

Rig #2
    DFI UT P35-T2R (0317 bios)
    E8200 @ 4000 (1.216V) / 4100 (1.248V) / 4200 (1.296V) / 4300 (1.344V)
    2x2Gb Chaintech Apogee GT PC2-8500
    Powercolor 4870
    Corsair 520HX
    Watercooled with HK 3.0 CU, EK-FC4870, Feser tripple, Laing Ultra pump

Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I've got Supermicro boards that lasted longer than one of my marriages!

Xtreme Cruncher

But WHY dissappeard he again? We need him to let us know what's going on! I could wait another year, because I know I never get my money back, but he needs to stand up and tell us the thruth and give us a detailed time schedule...
    I think he lost his internet connection.

Xtreme Member
    Lost?
    I can't believe that there's someone in the usa without internet connection.... How much do you pay for highspeed internet connection? 10$ per month?

I think he wanted to disappear...

Mr Fantasic
    Lost?
    I can't believe that there's someone in the usa without internet connection.... How much do you pay for highspeed internet connection? 10$ per month?

some times things are hard
    RIP GrandDad , I'll miss you -15/07/1985
    RIP GrandMother, I'll miss you -08/08/2007

Dave is the man!

Xtreme Cruncher
    Lost?

Dial-Up is still $9.95 in some places, highspeed doesnt start will $20, maybe $15 intro rates.

Too bad I cant view the other chilly1 thread. I heard from someone that chilly1's PayPal account was closed with a huge amount of funds in it, deposits for parts for upcoming builds and such. His business account was that paypal account, so all of that money is gone. I also heard that he lost his wife after the account closing (death or divorce or something else, I dont know), but since then he has been trying to get back on his feet. If you are disatisfied with the build progress, I suggest you look for the chilly1 refund thread and ask for a refund from donations.

Its kind of sad to hear about what happens to a guy in such a short span of his life and to see people hate and attack him for things he has no control over.

Xtreme Member
    @ Polizei:

I know this thread... I know the story and I know about the refunds... I asked for a refund too a long time ago. But I never got something. And I always ask the other customers to wait a few weeks later, because I thought chilly1 is going to do something...

You've to agree that 2 years waiting time is too long? And I'm not the only one.. probably 20+ customers are waiting for units or a refund! And nothing happens....

Xtreme Cruncher
    When something like that happens in your life, you tell me how quickly you can refund people when you have a house payment, car payment, etc etc piling up with no job/means to start work again.

Two years is a long time, yes, but given his circumstances, give the guy a chance. A few months ago he posted here building a unit for Philly_Boy (I think thats it) and soon after he stopped posting picture updates because he cancelled his internet connection or something.

He has no reason to just run with people's money. You dont become a living legend in the phase cooling industry just to run into hard times and shaft a bunch of people out of hundreds if not thousands of dollars. Thats not something he would do and I dont even know the guy.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast