Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Swiftech GTX Copper Housings

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    I am curious though if having that copper top will aid at all in cooling.
    It's the right material for the job.

You would think...but I'm kinda thinking whatever oring sealing between the 2 halves would thermally decouple the top a good amount.
    C2D E8400 @ 4.4 Ghz
    Asus P5K Deluxe
    Nvidia 8800 GTS @ 648/900
    2GB Ballistix
    Dtek, Swiftech & EK blocks, 2x D5, PA120.3, 2, & 1.
    WD Raptor X 150GB & Seagate 7200.10 320GB
    X-Fi Prelude
    Corsair HX620
    Silverstone TJ07
    Dell 2407 WFP

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Man some of you guys are unbelievable. We moan and groan for a copper top, Swiftech makes a copper top, now you complain it's too expensive, it's too this, it's too that. I was one of the ones pushing for this top too. You guys make me sorry I did. Now I 100% see why Swiftech was reluctant.

And no, the top won't affect cooling ability one bit.

*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*'``'*:-.,_,.-:*
    GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

Overclocking Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Just for my own curiosity, could someone that has a Stealth that's currently not mounted, please take it apart completely and weigh just the top (no fittings/gasket) and post the weight?
    The Stealth houseing weighs 8 ounces.

OPP

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by nikhsub1 View Post
    Man some of you guys are unbelievable. We moan and groan for a copper top, Swiftech makes a copper top, now you complain it's too expensive, it's too this, it's too that. I was one of the ones pushing for this top too. You guys make me sorry I did. Now I 100% see why Swiftech was reluctant.

Thanks for the info..
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Member

Welcome to the Internet. You can't please everyone.

Frankly, I like the copper look.
    E6300 @ 3.6 1.5v
    Asus P5B-Deluxe
    2GB (1GBX2) Crucial Ballistix PC2-8000 4-4-4-15 2.4v
    Evga 8800GTS 320MB Superclocked
    320GB Maxtor 7200.10 SATA
    250MB Western Digital Caviar SATA
    80GB Seagate 7200.7 SATA
    Thermaltake Armor

Swiftech MCR220-QP
    Swiftech Micro-Res
    Swiftech MCP665
    D-Tek FuZion
    Masterkleer 7/16" Tubing

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I like it a lot. I'm going to be checking out the place VirtualRain does his nickel plating today and if I like them and the prices are reasonable, this might well be the point at which Gabe finally convinces me to replace my FuZion.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647

Banned
    $40 is nothing for a spild lump of copper, thats like £15/20 for us in the UK!

If it was all going on in the UK it's be around £30 which is costly!

$40 is fine. Gabe listened for once. So shut up!

Xtreme Enthusiast

Exactly. And despite Gabe repeatedly saying it wouldn't be cheap to produce the copper tops separately, the parade of condemnation of the plated aluminum top continued....and got louder.

So now Swiftech has done exactly what the majority wanted, only to find out they really didn't mean it when most all said they'd buy it no matter the price.

But I'm not completely surprised. You only have to see the contrariness of some here when discussing water component testing. BillA's testing of radiators was called, by some, as biased because the test was funded by Thermochill. Swiftech's own numbers are routinely called biased and not to be believed. Other tests are belittled ....one for something so insignificant as the wrong tubing was used...whaever a tubing choice means in real world performance.

So I'm not surprised that a company like Swiftech, bowing to the clamor of the manyand trying to produce what the market wants, produces exactly what was asked for, only to be raked over the coals for very petty reasons.

Papa: Q6600 @ 3.6GHz @ 1.34V, Asus Maximus Formula, 4 x 2GB Mushkin Redline DDR2-1000, Asus HD4870, Antec Sig. 850, Lian-Li/RF case....WC'd via D-Tek FuZion w/quad nozzle, EK S-Max on NB, Laing DDC2 w/XSPC top, 2 x Feser 240's & one TC 120.1 rads.

Momma: Xeon 3210 @ 2.8GHz, Gigabyte P965-DS3, 4 x 1GB Ballistix DDR2-800, Asus HD3870 TOP, Enhance ENP5150-GH, Lian-Li/RF case, HK Champagne 2.1, Xigmatek HDT cooler

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER View Post
    The Stealth houseing weighs 8 ounces.

OPP
    Thank you so much OPPAINTER.

With that info in hand, and some math, A copper top for the Stealth would weigh somewhere around 1lbs 10oz. Throw in the base and your pushing almost 1lbs 14oz.

I'm sorry but that's a bit too heavy for my liking.

Disclaimer: My math may be off so if someone would like to double check it, the density of 110 copper is .321-.323 (I chose .322) lbs per cubic inch. Density of 6063 aluminum (this seemed the best choice for it corrosion resistance and relatively low price) is .097 lbs per cubic inch.

Unoriginal Macho Energy
    Quote Originally Posted by Waterlogged View Post
    Thank you so much OPPAINTER.

With that info in hand, and some math, A copper top for the Stealth would weigh somewhere around 1lbs 10oz. Throw in the base and your pushing almost 1lbs 14oz.

I'm sorry but that's a bit too heavy for my liking.

Disclaimer: My math may be off so if someone would like to double check it, the density of 110 copper is .321-.323 (I chose .322) lbs per cubic inch. Density of 6063 aluminum (this seemed the best choice for it corrosion resistance and relatively low price) is .097 lbs per cubic inch.
    Don't get ahead of yourself... I seriously doubt that Gabe would even give that a thought now... with all the crybabies.

[OT] Gabe I know you think I'm against Swiftech, let me say I am not and never have been. I just want to commend you on producing a fine copper top for the GTX. I will be purchasing one no doubt. [/OT]

GTZ --> MCW-NBMAX --> EK FC --> PA 120.3 --> PA 160.1 --> 2x DDC Ultras in Series --> Custom Clear Res
    "Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity."

Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    Did you just get hit in the head with a heavy object? Because obviously you're failing at reading comprehension.

I am Xtreme
    nikhsub1, I wasn't. I was more or less posting that for anyone that decided they wanted to continue having a tantrum. I just think almost 2lbs of copper is way too much and would easily make it the most expensive block out there.

I honestly have no vested interest in either as I don't have a GTX or Stealth, I don't even have a 8800.

Xtreme Addict
    I don't know who the cry babies are, but I complained a lot about it not having a copper top. Now that it's released I'll be purchasing two as soon as they land on Petra's/Jab-tech's store.

Anyone that's moaning about the price is a hater anyway considering the block w/ copper top itself is only 10$ more expensive than the old version. Us early adopters pay a bit more but that's the price we pay for being early adopters. Get used to it.

Like I said earlier, I'm in for two!
    Last edited by ranker; 08-25-2007 at 01:40 PM.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Xtreme Member
    sigh, i totally did not think this was going to happen. I would have held out and bought one of these instead of a fuzion =(

Hamster Powered
    That is a damn sexy top!
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Member
    I'd have been all over this had I not just bloody well bought a Fuzion...
    Oh well, always next time.
    -Ghent

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by perfection View Post
    Any chance there will be an Arylic or delrin version, naked copper looks ugly and at $40US, that's expensive for us aussies

I reckon a black delrin version would look awesome, but a nickel plated copper top would be look gorgeous, it'd cost a fair bit though

Virtual rain, you're going to have to post up pics ASAP when you get yours done mate, can't wait to see it
    No problem... should be done by the end of next week.

Xtreme Member
    Any news as to when the complete copper GTX blocks will be in store. And possibly which stores will have first?

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by 1Day View Post
    Any news as to when the complete copper GTX blocks will be in store. And possibly which stores will have first?
    I am interested too. I will likely get one when it is available.
    Intel Xeon X5650
    ASUS Sabertooth X58
    3 x 2 Gb G.Skill PC3-12800
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming 3 Gb
    Seasonic X850

Corsair 750D
    Heatkiller 3.0/D5 & EK Top/Alphacool UT60 240

Xtreme Member
    that block looks sooooo friggin sweet
    I thought it looked amazing before with the aluminum but the copper looks really sharp

I would buy one but don't have the money right now, and I don't think I would see much improvement over my bowed GT, maybe couple degrees, and my situation right now its not worth it

But still the dopest looking block I have ever seen, truly amazing
    CPU: Lapped QX6700 @ 4000MHz, bench @ 4250MHz
    RAM: Teamgroup DDRII PC6400 @ 1066 cas5
    MOBO: eVGA 680i SLI
    VID: eVGA 8800GTX + Zotac 8800GTX SLI...GPU voltmodded....Memory voltmodded (both cards)
    BOOT Drive: Seagate 320GB 7200.10 RAID 0
    Storage Drive: Seagate 640GB 7200.11 RAID 1
    Samsung Super Write Master
    Coolermaster Real Power Pro 850W
    Custom Bench Table
    LaCie 19inch CRT

Single Stage Phase Change - CPU
    Water - VGA's

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by virtualrain View Post
    No problem... should be done by the end of next week.
    I'm sorry, I can't wait that long. I'm going to comb all of N. Van. (at least I think that's where you live, too lazy to check through PM's right now) to find your home and sneak a peak at your W.I.P. when you're sleeping, eating dinner, watching T.V. or fighting off a marauding grizzly bear.

Quote Originally Posted by dengyong View Post
    Started life as a FTW and ended up as a WTF.

Xtreme Addict
    Makes me happy I didnt jump onto the GTX band wagon right away, it just saved me $40!

Ill have my copper top GTX coming in the mail as soon as my case mod is done.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Member
    yeah i just got my gtx last week, i got sick of waiting and didnt hear any info on the copper top. So i guess i'll have to pay $30 bucks more for it now cause i couldnt wait another month.

From the peanut gallery

Man, that is one "dynamite" lookin' block.

Thanks OPPAINTER, thank you for keeping an ear to the ground. If it costs a little more or weighs a little more so be it . If I have to eat more cheap TV dinners or scrounge up my pennys I'll certainly purchase one when they're availiable from Petras (one of the best online stores out there as far as I'm concerned)
    I was going with a FuZion, but not now. I know they're also great blocks and the temp difference isn't that much either way, but I like the looks of the GTX and besides after reading the informative posts on this forum I was a little skeptible about aluminum. (don't have to be any longer)

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    Nah, I didn't take it personal at all..
    I am curious though if having that copper top will aid at all in cooling.
    It's the right material for the job.
    Now I am a WC n00b so if that comment is laughable I'll laugh along with you.
    Probably not, the only direct contact with anything it'd have is the water which typically a few deg C over ambient unlike the processor itself and the top is separated from the baseplate by the O Ring.

If there was any significant benefit from the copper top Swiftech probably have cast it with the same pattern pins as their BGA ramsinks.

Chances are this is more to answer everyone's plea for a different material top that wouldn't cause corrosion in a mostly copper / brass loop.

Xtreme Addict
    Well kudos to Gabe - have to say it makes a beautiful looking block. If it performs even equal to the Fuzion, doesn't the Fuzion have a higher flow resistance? I know they are both low on the resistance, but I thought the GTX was just a bit better. And with all the triple blocks on triple rads, have to keep that flow in mind

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast