Thread: trouble with t-bird L1s below 0

trouble with t-bird L1s below 0

Hello everyone this is my first post at the xtremesystems forum

So to the question, I resently bought a prometeia cooling system and its working great, youst have one problem. My L1 bridges on my t-bird, wich are painted with conductive silver paint stop working after a short while in the system.

I talked to the guys at chip-con the company that sells the prometeia and they said they had heard of this problem before. Cause of the low temps u get on the cpu the silver somehow looses contact with the cpu and the unlocking stops to work.

U guys r some of the best and I thought maybe someone has some other way I could unlock the cpu to get it to work?
    Would the old penciltrick work better? I remember some company sold a peice of tape with small peices of wire under it or something , or should i paint over the bridges with something like nail pollish would that help?

I painted the bridges with the silver let it dry for 40 mins said on the container it would dry in 20, and then protected the whole thing with a bit of tape.

Xtreme Recruit
    After you paint the bridges let it dry and then cover it with a layer of clear nail polish. Should work fine then.

--NY
    Main Rig
    Abit AN8-Ultra /3800 x2 @ 2650/ 2x512 Crucial Tracer/7800GTX/2 x 40gb maxtor RAID0/Antec 550w/Swiftech Storm, BIX, MAG3

Xtreme Addict
    Or just use the pencil trick, on a T-Bird it works fine. I have one that's lasted a year and a half on a 1.2 T-Bird.
    AXP1700+ JIUHB 0302 @ 2400MHz - TEC-Watercooled in The Skyscraper
    ABIT NF7-S , Sapphire Radeon 9500 Pro, 1.5GB XMS3200C2

XS IRC channel: irc.quakenet.net #xtremesystems
    www.ocfaq.com

Xtreme Member

Re: trouble with t-bird L1s below 0

Originally posted by wite

I painted the bridges with the silver let it dry for 40 mins said on the container it would dry in 20, and then protected the whole thing with a bit of tape.
    While conductive paint does dry in 20-40 mins it does in
    general require more than 24 hours to cure fully but pref
    is to heat slightly e.g warm air off hair drier or hot air nozzle
    which also helps lower the resistance.

Banned
    All of the Tbirds I've had come through my hands have been unlocked.. That's about 10 of em.. Interesting.. that must suck to have a locked one!

The only thing I could think of to help you since I've never unlocked a chip is if the other methods don't work.. you could make a heating device to keep those parts above a certain temp.. but still not put a big heatload on your phase change system.. If the other idea's don't work.. come back and we'll help you further.