Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 25 of 27

Thread: e6850 (L719B027) and e6600 (l627b005) dry ice run

  1. #1
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530

    e6850 (L719B027) and e6600 (l627b005) dry ice run

    hey guys i've been torturing my 2 cpus e6850 (L719B027) and e6600 (l627b005)

    the gear that was used:

    -asus p5k deluxe
    -rhino pc 8000 2gb kit
    -western digital raptor 74gig
    -ati x1650 pro


    but before the results few pics of my setup













    ok lets start with the e6850 shall we








    and now the e6600







    as you can see from my results my asus p5k deluxe pretty much maxed you at 510 fsb time to switch to another board
    but never the less im pretty happy with the results since they were my personal records
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  2. #2
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    116

    Good results there Must say i was a bit envious when you told me you were benching with DI today


  3. #3
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Athens - Hellas
    Posts
    444
    too bad you have a 510fsb wall......
    Btw nice results...
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

  4. #4
    Xtreme Addict
    Join Date
    May 2006
    Location
    Philippines ^_^
    Posts
    1,622
    hey bro whats the fsb wall of your proc??
    Asus P5W64 WS Professional , DFI Infinity 965P-S (testing)
    X6800 , E6750 es
    Micron Fatbodies , Micron D9gkx oem, Crucial 8000, Crucial Tracer 8500 (incomming)
    Ati FireGL V5100, Elsa FireGL V3100
    water cooling setup (EK 775 cpu block, swiftech NB Block, Swiftech pump, BI dual pass dual 120mm)
    Silverstone OP650
    raptors, baracuda

  5. #5
    HARD CRUNCHER!!
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    1,785
    Sweet stuff man!! Too bad about the FSB cap.
    Quote Originally Posted by mike047 View Post
    CRUNCH HARD, it may not help me and you, but it might help the Kids.

  6. #6
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by erwinz View Post
    hey bro whats the fsb wall of your proc??
    have no idea.. would like to think that hell of a lot more than 510
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  7. #7
    Xtreme Enthusiast
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Dayton, OH
    Posts
    585
    Have you messed around with upping the performance level values? I heard that if by raising them you might be able to get some more FSB.

  8. #8
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by filmbot View Post
    Have you messed around with upping the performance level values? I heard that if by raising them you might be able to get some more FSB.
    yes i did play around with those performance level value setting.. and with many other settings.. no luck
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  9. #9
    Nice Hardware!!!
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Location
    Finland/Tampere
    Posts
    1,852
    P5K can do ~600fsb on air, so I think that those processors are holding you back. I had that L627B005 too, and the results were similar.

    So do not change your motherboard without reason.

    Test your E6850 max fsb on air please.
    You are as good as your samples are!

  10. #10
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by SF3D View Post
    P5K can do ~600fsb on air, so I think that those processors are holding you back. I had that L627B005 too, and the results were similar.

    So do not change your motherboard without reason.

    Test your E6850 max fsb on air please.
    yeah mayby i'll try that next.. it would really seem odd that my p5k deluxe would have THAT low fsb wall.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  11. #11
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    429
    I'd say it's the CPUs, which is to bad.

  12. #12
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,033
    @ Solarfall

    Can i ask at wich frequencies you boot at?

    Could you provide your voltage settings?

    perhaps there is still some juice left there

  13. #13
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    @ Solarfall

    Can i ask at wich frequencies you boot at?

    Could you provide your voltage settings?

    perhaps there is still some juice left there
    those clocks that you see in the screenies are the boot frequencies, for some odd reason the Setfsb prog caused windows to freeze..
    pretty much all voltage options were set to there max settings except southbridge voltage witch was set to auto.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  14. #14
    Banned
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    1,033
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarfall View Post
    those clocks that you see in the screenies are the boot frequencies, for some odd reason the Setfsb prog caused windows to freeze..
    pretty much all voltage options were set to there max settings except southbridge voltage witch was set to auto.
    Hmm they say the strap changes at 499, but since you boot at those settings..

    Your mem seems to be very thight? trfc 20?

    tried to play with those already?

  15. #15
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Location
    Denmark, Horsens
    Posts
    259
    strange with your fsb wall, i run 7*565 with my E6320 and a singlestage. anyway congrats with your Oc
    OCTeamDenmark Crew - Cooled and sponsored by CoolerKit.dk

  16. #16
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by BeardyMan View Post
    Hmm they say the strap changes at 499, but since you boot at those settings..

    Your mem seems to be very thight? trfc 20?

    tried to play with those already?
    have to try tomorrow if loosening em helps anything

    Quote Originally Posted by giraffen View Post
    strange with your fsb wall, i run 7*565 with my E6320 and a singlestage. anyway congrats with your Oc
    you know it actually might be those chips that are the problem.. kinda strange that both of em would have that fsb wall at around 510 .. whats the are odds of that lol.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  17. #17
    Xtremely Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    2,502
    Whats max FSB they did on air? I agree 2x510 is too much of a coincidence and 510 is rather low even on air for a decent E6600. Only thing i can think of is mem, board shouldnt have a prob with over 510 either.

  18. #18
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by loc.o View Post
    Whats max FSB they did on air? I agree 2x510 is too much of a coincidence and 510 is rather low even on air for a decent E6600. Only thing i can think of is mem, board shouldnt have a prob with over 510 either.
    haven't touched air cooling for almost a year now watercooling babe..
    don't think is the memory stick cos they can do 540 mhz (4-3-3-4) there must be something that i'm missing here
    or i just have extremely bad luck with these cpus.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  19. #19
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    28
    I'm in a much worse situation.

    My e6850 (L719B027) has a FSB wall at 430 ...

    Can you believe this ??

    Even if i put 6 x ... Same thing ...
    Same motherboard and same bios ..


  20. #20
    Champion
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Romania, lab501.ro
    Posts
    1,710
    First of all - Solarfall, congratulations for your results, they look really good.

    Second - Have you tried to beat that wall with FSB 511, 512 and so on, or did you try something like..let's say...520-530? Sometimes there is a gap, but higher clocks still work. Try that on water with a low multi, because I find it very, very disappointing for an E6850 to bottom out that low. Same question for Dr.No.pt, have you tried 460-500 FSB?

    I am planing to get me one of those as soon as I sell my E6600, and I would like it very much if it would raise up to the expectation and not hit a wall that low.
    Weissbier - breakfast of champions



  21. #21
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by Dr.No.pt View Post
    I'm in a much worse situation.

    My e6850 (L719B027) has a FSB wall at 430 ...

    Can you believe this ??

    Even if i put 6 x ... Same thing ...
    Same motherboard and same bios ..

    oh man i really feel bad for you. suddenly my e6850 started to look like a-ok chip

    Quote Originally Posted by Monstru View Post
    First of all - Solarfall, congratulations for your results, they look really good.

    Second - Have you tried to beat that wall with FSB 511, 512 and so on, or did you try something like..let's say...520-530? Sometimes there is a gap, but higher clocks still work. Try that on water with a low multi, because I find it very, very disappointing for an E6850 to bottom out that low. Same question for Dr.No.pt, have you tried 460-500 FSB?

    I am planing to get me one of those as soon as I sell my E6600, and I would like it very much if it would raise up to the expectation and not hit a wall that low.
    yes i did try trough 500-535fsb.. was thinking the same thing too when i did it cos my evga mobo has those strange fsb holes..
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  22. #22
    Xtreme Cruncher
    Join Date
    Mar 2005
    Location
    EU
    Posts
    902
    Solarfall

    Nice fun You have and nice MHz on DI

    And strange FSB wall at Your CPU. This is not mobo I have 3 x 6850 and all have wall at 510-540MHz. Tested on various mobo - Asus, Gigabyte ...


    Martin


    Life sometimes gets in the way of what we want to do.

  23. #23
    Xtreme Guru
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Finland, joensuu
    Posts
    3,530
    Quote Originally Posted by DEVIL K-ce View Post
    Solarfall

    Nice fun You have and nice MHz on DI

    And strange FSB wall at Your CPU. This is not mobo I have 3 x 6850 and all have wall at 510-540MHz. Tested on various mobo - Asus, Gigabyte ...


    Martin
    yeah ur prolly right.. we will see next week witch it is when i try again with another e6850 that should have higher fsb wall that what mine has.
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082


    proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

  24. #24
    Xtreme Member
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    smyrna, TN
    Posts
    379
    I'd be inclined to think chip, I've had 2 6850's 1 718a190, didn't like above 475fsb on water, and my later chip 719b014, does 550+ on the same board, p5k deluxe

  25. #25
    Xtremely Addicted
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    NL
    Posts
    2,502
    But the other chip is a rather decent week E6600 that shouldnt have that much trouble going over 510mhz FSB even on air. I know many 1333 chips tend not to go high on FSB but 2 very diff chips stopping at the exact same and low point is strange. Memory or a bios setting gets me vote...

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •