Thread: Vista?

Xtreme DČOL Watch Dog

Vista?

Is there anyway to install the service on Vista x64 or any other way to run two instances?

Hmm... no experience in vista (cos its crap ), however hit the project hosted forums over on Free-DC. I beleive the same questiion came up there.

EDIT: "Just create a shortcut to the sobsvc.exe executable, modify the shortcut to add the -i (or whatever parameter you need) and then run the shortcut with the "run as administrator" option."

http://www.free-dc.org/forum/showthread.php?t=12518

Xtreme Cruncher
    ^^Thanks for the tip
    However i still have a problem i can now run two instances in vista but the interactive services window keeps popping up saying that the service cant be shown on the desktop and that i need to get an updated version of the the program to fix this.
    Does this happen to anybody else using vista? Or is it just me?

Quote Originally Posted by Jaivan View Post
    ^^Thanks for the tip
    However i still have a problem i can now run two instances in vista but the interactive services window keeps popping up saying that the service cant be shown on the desktop and that i need to get an updated version of the the program to fix this.
    Does this happen to anybody else using vista? Or is it just me?
    hmm. well like i said a month ago, Vista is crap. hehe! perhaps Helheim might have noticed this. No harm in dropping a question over at the forums.

Xtreme Cruncher
    meh i guess i'll just deal with it and hope that sp1 will be able to fix it or they come out with a new sb client thanks for the help anyways.