Page 172 of 218 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast
Results 4,276 to 4,300 of 5439

Thread: **Official DFI LanParty UT P35-T2R Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

HACKED!!!

Sometimes...

Sometimes I cannot write reading nor read writing. Hehehee. Congrats anyway man since you went over 5.0G...RGone...ster.

Quote Originally Posted by runmc View Post
    Ckeck out the MHZ in "SetFSB" in the picture

Back and forth from board to board it seems.

Xtreme Member
    @runmc, nice one Now let's see you doing the same or better times by booting into windows from cold at 5ghz+
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R/E8600 @ 5.1ghz/Modded Mach2 GT
    EVGA Classified/i975 @ 5.04ghz/Custom built SS
    3x2gig G-Skill Perfect Storm
    Asus 5970
    2x150gig Velociraptors/250gig Caviar
    PCP&P Turbocool 1KW

Xtreme Addict
    Any experience anyone has with this mobo and HyperX PC9600 with D9GKX? Any issues of some sort or anything similar? Tnx.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by mad_skills View Post
    Any experience anyone has with this mobo and HyperX PC9600 with D9GKX? Any issues of some sort or anything similar? Tnx.
    I have some Team PC29600 that (as I recall) use the same chips. No issues here. Are you having a problem? I lost all my screen shots when I was testing them, but they would superpi 32M above 650MHz and Prime in the 630's without too much effort. I have my settings saved in CMOS reloaded. Let me know if you want to know anything specifically.
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R | E8400 Q743A748 - IHS removed
    Team Xtreme PC2 9600 2x1GB | Auzentech XPlosion
    PCP+C Silencer 750W | 2x36GB Raptors RAID-0 | XFX 7800GT
    Iwaki MD20-RZT | FuZion - 4.4mm - modified ProMount | PA120.3

Xtreme Addict
    No i'm not having a problem, it's just that i should have got some D9GKX ram from abroad and it went bust so i'll buy some HyperX 9600 here and i wanted to know if anyone with particulary this ram had some issues, cause i've read that some people complained that it wont do CL5 properly but CL4 only. I know D9GKX generally work well with this DFI i just need some info on these HyperX if there are any problems..

Xtreme Enthusiast

four dimms = nightmare

Can 8 GB even be stably run in this board?

I'm pulling my hair out trying to achieve some form of stability with 8 GB in this mobo.

I got this mobo about a month ago to replace my aging P5B Deluxe.
    Why?
    Because i wasn't happy with how 8 GB clocked on that board.
    Oh, the irony, since it was a piece of cake on that mobo...not so on this DFI.

A couple thing to get outta the way:
    The RAM i own has been thoroughly tested individually & also in 2x2 GB combinations.
    Of all four dimms, the worst one does ~DDR2-1080 5-5-5-15 @ less than default vdimm
    There is nothing wrong with the RAM; it's not failing or having issues.
    How do i test?
    I use Memtest86+ 2.01, & HCI Memtest (four instances to stress all 8 GB).
    Prime95 does NOT determine RAM stability well at all with 4+ GB, neither does OCCT, SuperPi, or basically much else.
    So yes, i except the RAM to perform under a beating.

I can run 2x2 GB easily @ DDR2-1050+ with either kit.
    But as soon as i put all four dimms in, it becomes impossible to maintain stability @ basically any speed.

The issue is this motherboard, i already know that's what's causing my troubles, not the CPU or RAM or other components.

The reason i'm asking for help is because i've basically tried everything i can think of...nothing is working.

I have tried cranking up NB voltage.
    I have tried loosening every single subtiming to retardedly loose levels
    Yes, every single one.
    (Particularly tRD & TRFC since i know they affect stability a lot.)
    I've set everything under Clock Setting Fine Delay to More Relaxed

The worst thing is that the results are incredibly inconsistent though.
    I cannot seem to pin down why it won't run all four dimms stably.
    It does seem to do a bit better with 3 dimms, but not by much.

Thanx very much in advance to anyone who can offer ideas.
    Gigabyte X58A-UD3R | i7 930 @ 4 GHz | Corsair H50
    G.Skill RipJaws 4x2 GB @ DDR3-1600 7-7-6-24-1N | HIS Radeon HD 5870
    3x Intel X25-M 80 GB RAID-0; OCZ Agility 120 GB | Samsung SH-S243D
    Corsair HX1000 | Dell 3007WFP & Samsung 204T | 7 Ultimate x64

Xtreme Member
    @runmc: only you have problems with crucial modules or this is a general issue of this mobo?
    Intel Inside

Quote Originally Posted by AndreYang
    who care winrar benchmark in the world? lol

the jedi master
    Quote Originally Posted by -n7- View Post
    Can 8 GB even be stably run in this board?

I'm pulling my hair out trying to achieve some form of stability with 8 GB in this mobo.

I got this mobo about a month ago to replace my aging P5B Deluxe.
    Why?
    Because i wasn't happy with how 8 GB clocked on that board.
    Oh, the irony, since it was a piece of cake on that mobo...not so on this DFI.

A couple thing to get outta the way:
    The RAM i own has been thoroughly tested individually & also in 2x2 GB combinations.
    Of all four dimms, the worst one does ~DDR2-1080 5-5-5-15 @ less than default vdimm
    There is nothing wrong with the RAM; it's not failing or having issues.
    How do i test?
    I use Memtest86+ 2.01, & HCI Memtest (four instances to stress all 8 GB).
    Prime95 does NOT determine RAM stability well at all with 4+ GB, neither does OCCT, SuperPi, or basically much else.
    So yes, i except the RAM to perform under a beating.

I can run 2x2 GB easily @ DDR2-1050+ with either kit.
    But as soon as i put all four dimms in, it becomes impossible to maintain stability @ basically any speed.

The issue is this motherboard, i already know that's what's causing my troubles, not the CPU or RAM or other components.

The reason i'm asking for help is because i've basically tried everything i can think of...nothing is working.

I have tried cranking up NB voltage.
    Yes, every single one.
    I've set everything under Clock Setting Fine Delay to More Relaxed

The worst thing is that the results are incredibly inconsistent though.
    I cannot seem to pin down why it won't run all four dimms stably.
    It does seem to do a bit better with 3 dimms, but not by much.

Thanx very much in advance to anyone who can offer ideas.

tRFC man, set 52 or 54 or 60( good for 1100+)
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Xtreme Addict
    I agree on that but he said:

8GB seems to work fine on mine, they just dont oc the way the two individual kits would. trfc = 52
    MB Reviewer for HWC
    Team OCX Bench Team

the jedi master
    Leave tRD on auto, Oskar knows how to auto a board up

Chipset voltage around 1.4V, 5-5-5-18 trFC 52 or higher and rest at auto, 1.8Vish for 1000MHZ and off you go, 24GB of 2GB modules here and they all do the same in any combination.
    Got a problem with your OCZ product....?
    Have a look over here
    Tony AKA BigToe

Tuning PC's for speed...Run whats fast, not what you think is fast

Admin
    Quote Originally Posted by Kean View Post
    @runmc: only you have problems with crucial modules or this is a general issue of this mobo?
    The only problem I had with my Crucial was running 333/667 (1/1) at any speeds much over 480 -9 . I can only go by my own personal experiences. When I tried the OCZ PC 9200 I was able to run 333/667 at 560 -9. I think at this point my cpu was starting to max out and was the limiting factor.
    UNDER THE ICE .com
    Phase Change Cooling

is the remedy

Xtreme Member
    I have booted to 565 1:1 with 2x1gb crucial ballistix 6400
    Didn't try to get in windows, i was just searching for max fsb of E8400

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

Chipset voltage around 1.4V, 5-5-5-18 trFC 52 or higher and rest at auto, 1.8Vish for 1000MHZ and off you go, 24GB of 2GB modules here and they all do the same in any combination.
    I'm all too aware of how important loose tRFC is; that's one of the biggest reasons i bought this board.
    (My previous mobo could only do 42 or 51 on auto, which was craptacular.)

I had tRFC at 55 at least.
    I actually had it at 70 for a while as well, but it was reading as 63...apparently 70 doesn't work i guess.

Didn't matter though; didn't help.

I'd say the best way to describe running 8 GB on this mobo is nonsensical.
    I've managed to get it stable by running auto.

Not a single timing on the RAM touched, because it seems if i do, it suddenly becomes unstable.

The irony of this BS is that the subtimings are actually much tighter than when running set manually
    I'm convinced that there are some other hidden subtimings at play that are being changed when timings are set manually, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I'll post a bunch of pics explaining the mess later, but overall, i'm extremely unsatisfied with this mobo.
    I bought it to be able to tweak 8 GB; instead it is unstable for any 8 GB configuration, overclocked or underclocked RAM, unless i leave it all auto.
    I could do that just fine on my P5B Deluxe...coulda saved myself this waste of money.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony View Post

I'm all too aware of how important loose tRFC is; that's one of the biggest reasons i bought this board.
    (My previous mobo could only do 42 or 51 on auto, which was craptacular.)

I had tRFC at 55 at least.
    I actually had it at 70 for a while as well, but it was reading as 63...apparently 70 doesn't work i guess.

Didn't matter though; didn't help.

I'd say the best way to describe running 8 GB on this mobo is nonsensical.
    I've managed to get it stable by running auto.

Not a single timing on the RAM touched, because it seems if i do, it suddenly becomes unstable.

The irony of this BS is that the subtimings are actually much tighter than when running set manually
    I'm convinced that there are some other hidden subtimings at play that are being changed when timings are set manually, otherwise it makes absolutely no sense.

I'll post a bunch of pics explaining the mess later (gotta get to work), but overall, i'm extremely unsatisfied with this mobo.
    I bought it to be able to tweak 8 GB; instead it is unstable for any 8 GB configuration, overclocked or underclocked RAM, unless i leave it all auto.
    I could do that just fine on my P5B Deluxe...coulda saved myself this waste of money.

BTW how important is Clock Fine Delay for stability?
    I thought it might be what was causing my issues, since it's one of the subtimings that always changes depending on ratios, timings, etc.
    But then what i ended up getting seemingly stable uses very tight Clock Fine Delay, so that theory got debunked.
    What hidden subtimings could cause massive issues Tony?

Edit: here's one of the biggest jokes of a screenie.
    I'll post more later, gonna be late for work.
    Failing @ underclocked DDR2-720 5-5-5-18 no less.
    Last edited by -n7-; 04-02-2008 at 05:59 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    @ -n7-

This is most likely not what you want to hear. First, there's no program that is capable of displaying all the user configurable timings and settings. And of the ones that are displayed there are times when one or more will be a different value then what is being reported.

The relationship of how the various settings interact with each other and their effect on the non-user accessible chipset register settings is something that becomes more important the harder the system is pushed. And with the aim of tweaking 8GB of memory the NB is being pushed.

Your post seems to indicate that the board is more capable of selecting usable BIOS settings then you are. This is not intended as a slam or insult. Just reading what you wrote. If you don't have the time to explore how the different settings interact with each other this is what I would do. Consider selling your current board, contact manufacturers and find out which board will run your current components without user intervention and buy the least expensive one that will suit your needs. You will then have a cost effective usable system with hopefully no aggravation to yourself.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by -n7- View Post
    BTW how important is Clock Fine Delay for stability?
    I thought it might be what was causing my issues, since it's one of the subtimings that always changes depending on ratios, timings, etc.
    But then what i ended up getting seemingly stable uses very tight Clock Fine Delay, so that theory got debunked.
    What hidden subtimings could cause massive issues Tony?
    In my opinion, Clock Fine Delay in conjunction with PL are THE two most important settings. But, and there's always a but , they really come into play when you are pushing the very limits of a clock. They are important even at the basic level as well. But as someone who never runs at stock i can't comment on basic settings, because i never run them. To give you an idea though, the clock in my sig will fail Orthos or Prime within mins unless the Fine Delay settings are exactly as in the OCDB entry. It will also fail if i set PL to 7. But if i set PL to 8 and then pull them back to 7 using Phase Adjust it will run and run and run for hours on end. Of course, those two settings assume that you are running at the correct VTT and GTL settings in the first place .........................no one ever said it was easy
    DFI LP UT P35-T2R/E8600 @ 5.1ghz/Modded Mach2 GT
    EVGA Classified/i975 @ 5.04ghz/Custom built SS
    3x2gig G-Skill Perfect Storm
    Asus 5970
    2x150gig Velociraptors/250gig Caviar
    PCP&P Turbocool 1KW

Xtreme Enthusiast

Hauppauge WinTV-HVR-1800 No Go

I just got this card and board hangs with it. Sometimes I can get into Windows after countless reboots but card is not detected. I tried latest BIOS, clearing CMOS and trying out all PCIe slots but no go. It works fine with DFI LanParty UT nF4 SLI-DR though, any ideas?
    Q6600 3.6Ghz @ 1.276v | DFI LP LT P35 | Ballistix Tracer PC2-8500 600Mhz @ 2.074v | GeForce 260 GTX | Auzen X-Fi Prelude | PCP&C 750 | Arch Linux ~ WinXP
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800 | DFI LANParty NF4 SLI-DR | 2x512MB G.SKILL PC3200 BH-5 | OCZ PowerStream 520W | Palit GeForce 9600 GT | Gentoo

Long Live DFI.

Xtreme Mentor
    You know? I had a similar issue, though not as extreme when using my Intel Pro 1000/PT PCIE NIC. Windows would not recognize it at all, or it would be listed as a totally wrong device in Device manager etc. It never halted post however. It was particularly bad if I cleared CMOS for whatever reason. This was using the last PCIE 16x slot. The way I got it to work was to actually unplug the power cable from the back of the PSU itself and let the system sit a few minutes then plug it back in. The system will double power up after that but 9/10 times the NIC would come right back up as it should. As long as I didn't do any drastic changes in the CMOS, flash a new bios or have the settings cleared it would stick and be ok. I am not sure if this will help you but hopefully it will. If you are already on the latest bios perhaps this is something that can be looked into for a future release if there is a known compatibility problem to be found. I doubt it, but does the card itself contain a firmware that can perhaps be updated?
    Silverstone Temjin TJ-09BW w/ Silverstone DA750
    Asus P8P67
    2600K w/ Thermalright Venomous X Black w/ Sanyo Denki San Ace 109R1212H1011
    8GB G.Skill DDR-1600 7-8-7-24
    Gigabyte GTX 460 1G
    Modded Creative X-Fi Fatal1ty w/ Klipsch Promedia 2.1
    1 X 120GB OCZ Vertex
    1 X 300GB WD Velociraptor HLFS
    1 X Hitachi 7K1000 1TB
    Pioneer DVR-216L DVD-RW
    Windows 7 Ultimate 64

Quote Originally Posted by alexio View Post
    From the hip and aim at the kitchen if she doesn't approve your purchases. She'll know better next time.

Xtreme Addict
    Post 1 of 4

E8400 03/17 BIOS
    333/800 Strap/Divider
    2x1GB OCZ PC2 9200 Reaper
    XFX8800 GTS (G92)

C1E and VDROOP enabled. VCORE was set using VID Special Add leaving VID Control on Auto. Adjusting VCORE this way allows the voltage to
    decrease along with frequency while idle. Measured voltage at idle - 1.276. Measured under load - 1.330. Frequency at idle - 3000MHz.
    Frequency under load - 4000MHz.

Edit: Regardless of what GPU-Z shows in the screenshots, all benches of 3D06, Vantage, Crysis and UT3 were run with the video card clocked at 800/1200 and the shaders linked. A couple of the benches I was busy doing other things when the run finished. The card's fan makes so much noise that I had reset the card to defaults. When I did the screenshots I either forgot to clock the card back up or clocked it to the wrong setting. I need to pay more attention.

Code:
    CPU Feature Page
    Thermal Management Control................Enabled
    PPM (EIST) Mode...........................Enabled
    Limit CPUID MaxVal........................Disabled
    CIE Function..............................Auto
    Execute Disable Bit.......................Enabled
    Virtualization Technology.................Enabled
    Core Multi-Processing.....................Enabled

Main BIOS Page
    Exist Setup Shutdown......................Mode 2
    Shutdown After AC Loss....................Disabled
    O. C. Fail Retry Counter..................0
    CLOCK VC0 Divider.........................Auto
    CPU Clock Ratio...........................8x
    CPU Clock.................................500 MHz
    Boot Up Clock.............................Auto
    DRAM Speed................................333/800
    PCIE Clock................................100MHz
    PCIE Slot Config..........................1X 1X

CPU Spread Spectrum.......................Disabled
    PCIE Spread Spectrum......................Disabled
    SATA Spread Spectrum......................Disabled

Voltage Setting Page 
    CPU VID Control...........................Auto
    CPU VID Special Add.......................110.86%
    DRAM Voltage Control......................2.23V
    SB 1.05V Voltage..........................1.070V
    SB Core/CPU PLL Voltage...................1.55V
    NB Core Voltage...........................1.41V
    CPU VTT Voltage...........................1.170V
    VCore Droop Control.......................Enabled
    Clockgen Voltage Control..................3.45V
    GTL+ Buffers Strength.....................Strong
    Host Slew Rate............................Weak
    GTL REF Voltage Control...................Enabled
    CPU GTL1/3 REF Volt.......................58
    CPU GTL 0/2 REF Volt......................60
    North Bridge GTL REF Volt ................58

DRAM Timing Page
    Enhance Data Transmitting.................Fast
    Enhance Addressing........................Fast
    T2 Dispatch...............................Auto
    Clock Setting Fine Delay..................Listed Below
    CAS Latency Time (tCL)....................5
    RAS# to CAS# Delay (tRCD).................5
    RAS# Precharge (tRP)......................5
    Precharge Delay (tRAS)....................15
    All Precharge to Act......................5
    REF to ACT Delay (tRFC)...................28
    Performance Level.........................7
    Read Delay Phase Adjust...................Listed Below
    MCH ODT Latency...........................2
    Write to PRE Delay (tWR)..................14
    Rank Write to Read (tWTR).................11
    ACT to ACT Delay (tRRD)...................3
    Read to Write Delay (tRDWR)...............8
    Ranks Write to Write (tWRWR)..............Auto
    Ranks Read to Read (tRDRD)................Auto
    Ranks Write to Read (tWRRD)...............Auto
    Read CAS# Precharge (tRTP)................3
    ALL PRE to Refresh........................5

Read Delay Phase Adjust Page
    Channel 1 Phase 0 Pull-In.................Enabled
    Channel 1 Phase 1 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 1 Phase 2 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 1 Phase 3 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 1 Phase 4 Pull-In.................Enabled

Channel 2 Phase 0 Pull-In.................Enabled
    Channel 2 Phase 1 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 2 Phase 2 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 2 Phase 3 Pull-In.................Auto
    Channel 2 Phase 4 Pull-In.................Auto

Clock Setting Fine Delay Page
    Ch1 Clock Crossing Setting................More Aggressive
    DIMM 1 Clock fine delay...................Current 67ps
    DIMM 2 Clock fine delay...................Current 467ps
    Ch 1 Command fine delay...................Current 779ps
    CH 1 Control fine delay...................Current 534ps

Ch2 Clock Crossing Setting................More Aggressive
    DIMM 3 Clock fine delay...................Current 67ps
    DIMM 4 Clock fine delay...................Current 634ps
    Ch 2 Command fine delay...................Current 779ps
    CH 2 Control fine delay...................Current 467ps

Ch1Ch2 CommonClock Setting................More Aggressive

Ch1 RDCAS GNT-Chip Delay..................Auto
    Ch1 WRCAS GNT-Chip Delay..................Auto
    Ch1 Command to CS Delay...................Auto

Ch2 RDCAS GNT-Chip Delay..................Auto
    Ch2 WRCAS GNT-Chip Delay..................Auto
    Ch2 Command to CS Delay...................Auto
    Last edited by Praz; 04-11-2008 at 06:16 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Post 2 of 4

XP SP3

3dx Max w/V-ray
    Time to render: 14min 20sec

Xtreme Addict
    Post 3 of 4

Vista 32Bit SP1

3dx Max w/V-ray
    Time to render: 14min 33sec

Last edited by Praz; 04-11-2008 at 06:17 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Post 4 of 4

Vista 64Bit SP1

3dx Max w/V-ray 64Bit
    Time to render: 15min 32sec

Xtreme Addict
    Awesome, interesting post!

These chips are so great at 500fsb

Xtreme Addict
    Nice work Praz

I notice you are pulling in the "Read Delay Phase's" on PL7 have you always been able to do that with the Reapers or is this something new with the 0317 BIOS ?

CN

Home / Play Rig Asrock Z87 OC Formula/AC, i7 4770K L310B487, 8GB Corsair Dominator Platinum 2666 CL10, BeQuiet Dark Power Pro P8 1200W PSU, 120GB Corsair Force GT SSD, 2 x 1TB WD Sata Drives Mirrored, Palit 680GTX JetStream, Antec Kuhler 920, Windows 10 Pro, Logitech LX700 Deskset, AOC 27" Monitor.

Work 24/7 Rig Gigabyte GA-Z97X-SOC Force, i7 4790K L418C133 ,8GB Team Xtreem LV 2600, PC Power & Cooling 850WPSU, 120GB OCZ Vertex 3 SSD, 2 x 500GB Hitachi Sata Drives Mirrored, Antec Kuhler 620, Windows 10 Pro 64 Bit, Logitech LX700 Deskset, Benq 27" Monitor.

Home NAS DFI P35 T2RL Motherboard, Intel E6850 CPU, 8GB Nanya DDR2 6400, 2X 2TB Toshiba DT01ACA200 SATA Drives, ZFS RAID Mirror On Intel ICH9 AHCI, Artic Blue 850W PSU, Marvell Yukon 88E8053 Gigabit Ethernet, FreeNAS 9.2.1.5 RC, 64-Bit On 4GB USB2 SanDisk Cruizer Blade Thumb Drive.

Xtreme Addict
    it took me a while at first but i
    figured out the difference between UT and LT
    Last edited by KoHaN69; 04-04-2008 at 01:41 AM.

Page 172 of 218 FirstFirst ... 72122162169170171172173174175182 ... LastLast