Thread: Gigabyte Ga-p35-ds3l Volt Mod - Pencil Mod - Hard Mod Found!

Gigabyte Ga-p35-ds3l Volt Mod - Pencil Mod - Hard Mod Found!

I found the mod after much testing and reading.
    Thanks to everyone here who was a smart and was no help but to trash my threads YOU ALL CAN . I sure hope that you treat people with more respect. And admins I sure hope u hold people to that stander.

HOME OF THE VOLT MOD
    Last edited by hank123; 05-03-2008 at 11:49 PM.

updated with hard mod pics.

show me what your getting with this!

i cant believe that no one here has made any kind of remark of any kind. no one has tried this here?

its still working great with out problem for the ds3l
    Last edited by hank123; 06-30-2008 at 10:18 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by hank123 View Post
    its still working great with out problem for the ds3l
    How funny I was just looking for this today for my new ds3l motherboard - I performed the pencil mod and
    made it permanent with a little finger nail polish. I'm sure it will work when I get around to finishing that build.

Just as a side note I did a pencil mod for my Asus P5k vanilla which worked fine but still would fluctuate 0.02v from idle to load. After the finger nail polish over the pencil (I was doing both boards...) with the bios set at 1.3375 the vcore stayed a solid 1.32v NO fluctuations at all from idle to load.
    i7-2600k L041C108 4.8ghz 1.32v PLL off Venomous-X Push/Pull http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...postcount=1063
    Asus P8P67 Vanilla
    Samsung 30nm MV-3V4G3D/US 2x4GB @ 9-10-10-28 1T DDR3 2133 1.6v http://www.techpowerup.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=159320
    Diamond HD 7970
    WD 600GB Velociraptor
    Corsair TX750W
    CM 690 II Advanced

Q822A549 E8500 @ 4.5ghz air TRUE @ http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=203762

G.Skill F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH @ 7-10-8-27 1T DDR3 2133 1.6v http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=266839

i would let it droop a little. seems to oc better.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Does anyone know how we can get an actual NB vmod for this biach? 445 mhz is my limit. (the title is a bit misleading btw, it's a vdroop mod, not exactly a volt mod, but i try not to split hairs.) Thanks for your work!!!!!!!!!! Has anyone taken this past 500 mhz fsb?
    ????????? anybody?
    As Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer watched the demonstration, he later said that a line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita came to mind:
    "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    Test director Kenneth Bainbridge in turn said to Oppenheimer, "Now we are all sons of b**ches." wiki

IT Engineer in the making
    Quote Originally Posted by fragmasterMax View Post
    ...(the title is a bit misleading btw, it's a vdroop mod, not exactly a volt mod, but i try not to split hairs.) ...
    That means that the droop voltage is no actual voltage in your understanding? The droop function is a function of the flowing current, but still it's outcome is a voltage. And a voltage drop is a voltage nonetheless. Kirchhoff knows it best.
    Sorry, but I couldn't resist.

BTW, if you need (there is no real need for vmods in most cases, but only a desire at best) a special vmod, the first thing to do is to post highres pics. Then we'll try to help you.

Edit: There most likely is an opamp near the northbridge, or around the pci-e slot that sets the MCH voltage. Pics of that would be a start.
    Last edited by celemine1Gig; 07-19-2008 at 03:02 AM.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."

I fried my DS3L on my extreme chiller other wise I would work on the NB. Down the road I may get this mobo again and look for that.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by hank123 View Post
    I fried my DS3L on my extreme chiller other wise I would work on the NB. Down the road I may get this mobo again and look for that.
    yeah, gigabyte really castrated the nb volts on this board, which is why it's one of the few p35's that can't hit 500 mhz fsb. To bad my crappy c310 camera doesn't have a macro mode. Anyone have this board who can take some pics? You could even go to your local microcenter, take the photos, and put the mobo back in the box. lol
    As Los Alamos director J. Robert Oppenheimer watched the demonstration, he later said that a line from the Hindu scripture the Bhagavad Gita came to mind:
    "I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds."
    Test director Kenneth Bainbridge in turn said to Oppenheimer, "Now we are all sons of b**ches." wiki

has someone vmem or vdimm (whatever) measure point for this mobo (gigayte ga-p35-ds3l)? i think it wants a vdimm or vmem mod because it droops a little! i choose 2.3v for ram and it gives 2.27! is that bad?

hey just wanted to say screw all you ass holes that gave me when trying to figure this out. I found a voltmod and you didnt

Thanks ZOMGVTEK

Thanks

MuffinFlavored

Thanks

BrokenWall

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why so angry?
    Vmods - what can possibly go wrong? ©

Quote Originally Posted by ceemic View Post
    Why so angry?
    People like u. Maybe it has to do with the fact that I got flamed by people like u, :banana::banana::banana:ots, before I found the volt mod.

IT Engineer in the making
    @hank123:
    Real easy solution:

Stop posting here and we can't hold you back anymore on those awesome voltmod skills of yours. ;-)

We don't need posts like that around here.
    Quote from one of our professors:
    "Reality is hiding in the imaginary part."