Thread: Stacking T.E.C's

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Duh View Post
    CNC

no cnc, just $200
    http://www.arcticspider.com/

cheers

J
    yes I know about the spider and again we are talking a cheap setup not one that cost a fortune! your talking 200 for a tec water block and 300 for psu and then electric cost not including neoprene and dielectric and conformal. verses a setup that will work just fine for 98% of chips out today that is 65 for clock and 10 for tec then another say 30 for cold plate. again not including conformal and neoprene and dielectric.

I am not rich I will go the cheap route!!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Stigma View Post
    it IS possible to stack peltiers, but in order to get a useful positive result you have to stack them in a "pyramid" comfiguration. For example have 1 pelt right over the coldplate, then a larger coldplate over that that is again cooled by 2 peltiers of the same strength.

Stacking peltiers scales up very badly however, and in general you are better off just getting the single strongest peltier you can find. If you "need" to get even lower temps, you need to be looking at some phasecooling instead, because when you start to use 3+ strong peltiers in a cascade you are allready using more electricity to run it than a strong custombuilt singlestage phasecooler.

-Stigma
    Very good info, Stigma!

That has made me reconsider carefully a cascade TEC setup

Quote Originally Posted by littleowl View Post
    yes I know about the spider and again we are talking a cheap setup not one that cost a fortune! your talking 200 for a tec water block and 300 for psu and then electric cost not including neoprene and dielectric and conformal. verses a setup that will work just fine for 98% of chips out today that is 65 for clock and 10 for tec then another say 30 for cold plate. again not including conformal and neoprene and dielectric.

I am not rich I will go the cheap route!!
    Ummm... actually, your numbers are a little off. The $200 includes the neoprene and dielectric. Properly set up, you don't need the conformal on the bottom of the board if you use the neoprene instead.

PSU is $145, not $300.

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by naPS View Post
    Ummm... actually, your numbers are a little off. The $200 includes the neoprene and dielectric. Properly set up, you don't need the conformal on the bottom of the board if you use the neoprene instead.

PSU is $145, not $300.
    Right! well I want to back of my board air tight and you will not get neoprene to stay on the back of a motherboard without conformal or some other epoxy. The little tube of dielectric grease is not enough IMHO.
    Also I was talking about the most common price for a meanwell not a disscounted one.
    Last edited by littleowl; 09-29-2007 at 03:13 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12