Thread: Which Waterblock

Which Waterblock

Well I am all ready to build my new Q6600 rig, but I can't decide on the waterblock. I am leaning towards the Swiftech Apogee GT as it is $20 cheaper than the GTX and D-Tek Fusion and comes with the backplate. Should I go with the Apogee GT or spend the extra $$ to get the GTX or Fusion?

Thanks

Xtreme Enthusiast
    depends if its worth 2-3C to you. and a little more if you bow the GTX/fuzion
    For the record I am not sick, nor am I a gamer, nor am I a sick gamer. That name just sounds really cool to me but dont put me under that stereotype at all.

nevermind... addicted to COD4 and Free Online Games baby!

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by sick_g4m3r View Post
    depends if its worth 2-3C to you. and a little more if you bow the GTX/fuzion
    and a little less if you bow the GT ;-)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    and a little less if you bow the GT ;-)
    true again...
    For the record I am not sick, nor am I a gamer, nor am I a sick gamer. That name just sounds really cool to me but dont put me under that stereotype at all.

nevermind... addicted to COD4 and Free Online Games baby!

Xtreme Enthusiast
    My experience has been that with a moderately overvolted X3220 (basically a Q6600) the GT bowed is within 1-2 degrees of either the GTX or the FuZion. I did my testing a while back though, so I'm not 100% sure what my test bed was exactly... Also I did not have the new backplate from Swiftech, so I can only imagine my results with the Swiftech blocks would have been better had I had one.
    Please note: I am not here to provide any kind of official NCIX support on these forums.

For faster (and official) service please contact me at Linus@ncix.com, or please contact our customer care team at wvvw.NCIX.com (Canada) or wvvw.NCIXUS.com (America)

Heatware: http://heatware.com/eval.php?id=25647