Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swiftech Stealth Revision 2 is coming :-)

Xtreme Member
    Awww, I just bought an MCW60 the other day because the Stealth wasn't in stock anywhere.
    Core 2 Quad Q6600 G0 at testing (L724A760)
    Asus P5W DH Deluxe
    eVGA Geforce 8800 GTX
    PC P&C Silencer 750 Quad
    2GB OCZ Platinum PC2-8000 EL
    Thermaltake Armor
    WC: DtekFuzion/ MCW60 / MCR320QP / MCP665

Quote Originally Posted by eXceededgoku View Post
    I actually think Swiftech have the most customer focused business model out there! I love it, look forward to seeing some R600 blocks , but get this out the door first and then use what you learnt to make that for me

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    hmm, this is something we should certainly consider. But it's more complicated. The top is injection moulded, which will require either a revision or a new mold.

right now, were completely focused on the new line of products coming up at the end of month. so were' pretty busy.

But I agree that we should put this on the agenda.

Even a revised bottom that is larger to accomodate future GPUs better would be awesome in my book. Im perfectly happy with the performance of my MCW60, so something with a bit more longevity would be a solid deal in my book.
    Phenom 9950BE @ 3.24Ghz| ASUS M3A78-T | ASUS 4870 | 4gb G.SKILL DDR2-1000 |Silverstone Strider 600w ST60F| XFI Xtremegamer | Seagate 7200.10 320gb | Maxtor 200gb 7200rpm 16mb | Samsung 206BW | MCP655 | MCR320 | Apogee | MCW60 | MM U2-UFO |

A64 3800+ X2 AM2 @3.2Ghz| Biostar TF560 A2+ | 2gb Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 | Sapphire 3870 512mb | Aircooled inside a White MM-UFO Horizon |

Current Phenom overclock

Max Phenom overclock

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by gabe View Post
    hmm, this is something we should certainly consider. But it's more complicated. The top is injection moulded, which will require either a revision or a new mold.

right now, were completely focused on the new line of products coming up at the end of month. so were' pretty busy.

But I agree that we should put this on the agenda.
    Hey Gabe,

It's great to see all the design improvements made towards the Stealth. Like someone else had mentioned, I'd have bought this if it had hit the market about 3 months earlier. With the G92 about 3 months away, it makes hard to justify putting down another $100 plus for a waterblock that most likely won't be reusable.

Here's hoping you guys come out with the G92 FC in a timely fashion (preferably in an all copper design as well). I'd be the first one in line to buy it.

In any case, when will we be seeing the long promised revision to the MCW30?
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmer411 View Post
    Even a revised bottom that is larger to accomodate future GPUs better would be awesome in my book. Im perfectly happy with the performance of my MCW60, so something with a bit more longevity would be a solid deal in my book.
    +1! I love my MCW60, especially on my toasty X1900.

xtremespeakfreely.com

Semper Fi

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    ewwww new MCw60s?

Wonder what I would get for performance?

I bought my MCW60s like 5 months ago.......................woudl that qualify for above mentioned revision deal??

hey.. hold your horses! we haven't even begun to look at revising the 60.
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by ranker View Post
    In any case, when will we be seeing the long promised revision to the MCW30?

You must know something I don't

We just did the hard mount. There is no further revision on schedule for the 30.
    CEO Swiftech

Quote Originally Posted by rogueagent6 View Post
    +1! I love my MCW60, especially on my toasty X1900.
    Same here, mine works wonders on my X1950XT. Stock cooler, ~90C. Accelero X2, ~65C. MCW60, 44C
    The Cardboard Master
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    Intel Core i7 2600k @ 4.5GHz, 16GB DDR3-1600, Radeon 7950 @ 1000/1250, Win 10 Pro x64

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Can I buy one direct to be shipped to the UK?

If it ain't watercooled, I don't wanna know.

Xtreme Member
    Ah bummer. I just went with the MCW60 because of the pressure drops on the Stealth.
    - Intel Xeon W3520 #3848A352 D0 @ 4.4GHz
    - DFI LanParty UT X58-T3eH8 (bios 05/08)
    - 3x2GB Corsair Failinator GT 1866MHz 7-8-7-20 (3x2GB Patriot Viper 1600MHz C8 backup...)
    - Sapphire Radeon HD 4870 X2 2GB @ 872/1000
    - ~5TB assorted WD/Seagate
    - SB X-Fi XtremeMusic & Logitech Z-680 THX
    - Tt Toughpower 1200W Modular
    - CM Stacker T01 Black
    - Eizo FlexScan SX2761W 27" & Samsung 226CW 22"

CPU Loop: MCP655/D5 - Swiftech Apogee GTZ - Thermochilll PA120.3 - YateLoon SL's - 1/2" MasterKleer
    GPU/Chipset Loop: MCP655/D5 - EK-FC4870 X2 Acetal CF - Swiftech MCW30 - Thermochill PA120.3 - YateLoon SL's - 1/2" MasterKleer

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by Mekrel View Post
    Can I buy one direct to be shipped to the UK?
    If you are not already a Stealth owner, then go to: http://www.swiftech.com/resellers_us-export.asp
    CEO Swiftech

Mr Swiftech
    Quote Originally Posted by jagt View Post
    Ah bummer. I just went with the MCW60 because of the pressure drops on the Stealth.

can't you put the 60 on your spare 7950 (don't we all have one of these somewhere?)
    CEO Swiftech

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Thanks Gabe, I take it being out of stock means they are waiting on rev2 to be shipped and I can order and expect a rev2?

I'll contact some of the retailers about that

If it ain't watercooled, I don't wanna know.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OPPAINTER View Post
    The Stealth has been revised. It has major flow and better GPU cooling power.
    Have a read.

http://www.swiftech.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=189

OPP
    This bow to the Stealth base, will it be just as hard to control as the Apogee GT/GTX without a back plate?
    Having in mind there is no back plate for the Stealth (yet?) and not everyone who purchases the block is as skilled as XS users...
    /Thomas
    Last edited by Thomas FJ; 07-17-2007 at 07:56 AM.

This sounds weird, should be interesting to see a bowed quasi full cover block make good contact with all the V-ram etc. I keep seeing this "Bowl" in my head when I try to visualize it. I guess if they raised the Vram pads a little to compensate...

Here's another thought though. You would think that the MCW60 with its small cooling area (Smaller than the Nvidia IHS) would theoretically do pretty much the same as a bow, given a backplate and a little more mounting pressure.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Angry_Steel View Post
    This sounds weird, should be interesting to see a bowed quasi full cover block make good contact with all the V-ram etc. I keep seeing this "Bowl" in my head when I try to visualize it. I guess if they raised the Vram pads a little to compensate...

Here's another thought though. You would think that the MCW60 with its small cooling area (Smaller than the Nvidia IHS) would theoretically do pretty much the same as a bow, given a backplate and a little more mounting pressure.
    When you say the V-ram area, this should give the right and enough support, so a back plate shouldn't be nessecary to make the bow work perfectly every time.
    Answering my own question
    /Thomas
    Last edited by Thomas FJ; 07-17-2007 at 12:03 PM.

Have you guys seen the performance improvement? Its 1-1/2 degrees improvement.. a margin that is astounding

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Any chance of making a GOOD D-tek style Unisink design for your MCW series waterblocks. Would save everyone a lot of money instead of buying full cover waterblocks all the time. A simple replacement of chip cooling for future videocards would be awesome. I'd gladly spend up to 60-70 for a well-designed ram cooler.

Do this and you will have even more complete control of the GPU WC market.

Xtreme Member
    @Gabe - I bought 2 of the ver 1 from Petras the day they came out. I am in the UK. Can I take advantage of the offer. If so do I go through Petras or you directly ?

Thanks
    Chris

Xtreme Member
    Got a couple a questions:

1) How easy isit to remove the Stealth?

2) Where to get those replacement thermal pads, or will replacing them with thermattach/3m pads suffice?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by cablesguy View Post
    2) Where to get those replacement thermal pads, or will replacing them with thermattach/3m pads suffice?
    Good question. Id like to know as well.
    • - Asus P8Z68-V PRO
    • - Intel I5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz (for now)
    • - Asus Geforce 580GTX DirectCUII Fermi
    • - 16GB Corsair Vengeance Low Profile
    • - Ultra X3 1000 Watt
    • - Asus Xonar DX 7.1 \ Klipsch Promedia 2.1 THX
    • - Corsair Vengeance 1300 Gaming Headset
    • - Crucial M4 SSD 128GB \ WD Caviar Black 1TB
    • - CoolerMaster 690II Advanced
    • - Dell UltraSharp 24''
    • - Noctua NH-D14

January - SLI Rig Of The Month (2008)

Xtreme Batrachian
    1) How easy is it to remove the Stealth?
    Easy as cake. In fact is the easiest block out there to remove. Six screws and presto.

In fact is much easier to remove to Stealth than to convince the VReg hsinks to stay in place ^^.

Good question. Sooner or later I will have to disassemble the block to clean it, and the pads deform so much that I don't think I'll be able to re-use them.

Xtreme Member
    Thx MrToad....the Stealth is looking mighty attarctive now, would make my decision easier if Swiftech hv extra TP's for sale...they shud've just included an extra set

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12