Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 3/4HP Low Temp Horizontal Rotary

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Kayl there amazing! The one with the dual condenser that an auto cascade?
    i'm pretty sure as a freezer it is only a standard single stage just with a very wide condensor to conform to a low profile unit

|Rig: AMD Athlon64 X2 6000+ Windsor|6gb DDR2 800|Dual 250gb Western Digital RAID0|8600GT|

(12:16:17 AM) OC3D NoL: NOL EAT ANNOYING NOOBIE
    (12:16:19 AM) OC3D NoL: RAWRRRR

-100C Club Member
    thanxs pete, yeah they are nice condensers hey.

Quote Originally Posted by Clemmaster View Post
    Off course they won't run using them like that. You're lucky guys that rotaries do run in our working conditions without overheating... The air flow through the compressor must be even higher than what it used to run with.
    Clemmaster theres are actually low temp rotaries (first I have seen on XS), they have a 40cm feed of capillary line that freezes the jacket of the compressor to help cool it.
    I actually have a feeling that its the 40cm capillary line feed to the compressor thats stuffing the system up?
    Ie 40cm feed would steal all the flow and not enough refrigerant going to the cpu head. ALso maybe the 40cm feed is just sending gas to the compressor and not cooling it??
    any ideas or suggestions anyone before i try this second compressor?

Xtreme Member
    I know that it is an LBP one (for once ^^), but seen this extra cooling It may be a hot compressor (just look at the fan it used to run with, you're 120mm or 200mm won't give the same flow rate :p

Generally there's an automatic valve before the captube, this short circuit isn't always opened, just when the compressor is too hot.

Banned
    Kayl as silly as it sounds have you asked the MFG for there info and specs on it all?

Photos of a unit built for OP

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl View Post
    ALso maybe the 40cm feed is just sending gas to the compressor and not cooling it??
    run a reciever, that might rule out/solve that problem

-150c Club Member
    Wait did you just static or slightly tune then throw on the larger load? Didn't sit around? Did you try more refrigerant? And cheaper then a receiver but a bit worse a sight glass! The rotary looks good, but possibly the cap tube is sized for its btu rating and is receiving most of the flow or something similar?

If you have a cooling question or concern feel free to contact me.

-100C Club Member
    Kayl as silly as it sounds have you asked the MFG for there info and specs on it all?
    Photos of a unit built for OP
    Yeah there was a document that came with the units, in chinese though 
    I could understand the drawing of how the system went together, but I think I must be missing something.
    There is a pic on previous page pete of the compressor installed in a commercial freezer.

Quote Originally Posted by best [486] View Post
    run a reciever, that might rule out/solve that problem
    Best yes, in the drawing they had a receiver being used, but they were using a valve to feed the evaporator and 40cm feed capillary line to the compressor, I didn’t use a receiver cause using capillary line.
    But its worth a try for sure, thanxs.

This was also in one of the boxes not sure what its used for, maybe what clemmaster was talking about is what I need.
    Anyone know what this is, sorry about the bad pics ill get better ones uploaded tonigh.

Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Wait did you just static or slightly tune then throw on the larger load? Didn't sit around? Did you try more refrigerant? And cheaper then a receiver but a bit worse a sight glass! The rotary looks good, but possibly the cap tube is sized for its btu rating and is receiving most of the flow or something similar?
    Im using r290 so just vacuum filled then start and pumped in gas till it was around 10hg, let it idle 10mins or so to see how cold it could go then started load testing.
    Basically I added sufficient r290 to hold 300w and just watched. Compressor overheated and shut down. Then I restarted and it had trouble bringing the low side down fast, when it hit 300psi high side and shut down. Waited 5mins and started again, same thing happen 2 time more. Then it would start again, and now just pulls high current.
    Im scared to try the second compressor now reason this thread hasn’t had many posts been racking the old brain thinking of WTF I have done wrong.
    Last edited by kayl; 07-23-2007 at 04:37 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Looks like a check valve.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kayl View Post
    Yeah there was a document that came with the units, in chinese though 
    I could understand the drawing of how the system went together, but I think I must be missing something.
    There is a pic on previous page pete of the compressor installed in a commercial freezer.
    Scan me a copy of it! MSN, PM, Mail me it and i will get it translated for you by my an ex of mine as shes chinese and some mates of mine are as well.

Might hold the info needed.

Can you PM some specs andf a price on one of them condensers and fans you got there/... look perfect for my super SS

Xtreme Cruncher
    Maybe the condenser couldn't handle both the load of the compressor and the evap causing it to over heat?
    Fold for XS!
    You know you want to

Banned
    What come about on these then, did you get it working? What you have to do?

-100C Club Member
    What come about on these then, did you get it working? What you have to do?
    one died, then i was too scared to try the other in a single stage without using a receiver. I recently used the second compressor in a cascade as the first stage compressor, but had wiring problems as seen here
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=159350
    Thats now all sorted and ill do that cascade properly with one my new heads and use it to bench my graphics cards, (3/4hp rotart stage 1, 1/2hp compressor stage 2 with ethylene)
    But i have 2 other cascades to build before that. I have 2 more of these compressors coming, 1.7hp rotarties this time
    Should be here in a few weeks, these are normal rotaries though not LBP ones.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12