Thread: 2006 Branded DRAM Module Revenue Ranking Survey

Xtreme Addict

2006 Branded DRAM Module Revenue Ranking Survey

not very short, but interesting though
    http://www.dramexchange.com/WeeklyRe...ost/1/544.aspx

[...]
    The Top 10 memory module makers accounted for 57.47% of the sales, while the Top 20 took up 73.40%.

[...]
    Whether in the retail market, contract market or OEM market, Kingston has performed very strongly. Underpinned by its strong branded products, Kingston's branded memory module sales exceeded USD 1.8 billion. Even if the sales revenue of the companies ranking from No. 2 to No. 5 were added together, the total amounted only to USD 1.7 billion.

[...]
    If the makers are divided in terms of area, 9 Taiwan-based companies entered the Top 20 of branded memory module makers. This accounted for a global market ratio of 37%. The robust growth in 2H06 is quite impressive, when compared to the 23% in 1Q06.

9 US-based manufacturers also entered the Top 20 list, which equaled to a market share of 60%. If the Kingston's 20.55% ratio is excluded, the remaining 8 commands a share of nearly 40%. These US-based companies concentrate mainly in the North American markets. However, as they are already quite mature, the annual growth rate is lower than the global average.

[...]
    Notice any grammar or spelling mistakes? Feel free to correct me! Thanks

I am Xtreme
    It's good that a lot of them are American, good for our economy I suppose. Interesting to see who is up there though, I guess many of them are suppliers for the large OEM companies. (Dell, HP, etc).
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550