Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Transformers (Spoilers!)

Xtreme Member
    I love the move. All those "marvel" flixs are just GREAT
    Oh blah?

I am Xtreme
    Well it could be that there is already a Transformers fan base established, many of us know who and what they are, and those of us with kids, that took them could easily tell teh kids who and what they are, I am inclined to think they would want the kids to know about somethig from their youth, and yes there were somethings that I noticed that I could have complained about............then again, watching 4+ story robots beat the pi$$ out of each other is entertaining in and of itself, and the point blank shots, were to put you IN the action...............it gave us a HUMAN view of these things, not the TRANSFORMERS view. This was OUR perspective on them, and I think he did that well, it could probably have been done better, but look at the scenes where you are looking UP at them, how many times does Prime lean over, bend down and come down to our level?

Same with the other bots.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Guru
    so i went to see this movie to a local movie theater and man i got to say that it was wayyy better than i expected.. really good movie.. nice to see something that was a real big part of my child hood finally on the big screen.
    Transformers rock ...
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Recruit
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    Well it could be that there is already a Transformers fan base established, many of us know who and what they are, and those of us with kids, that took them could easily tell teh kids who and what they are, I am inclined to think they would want the kids to know about somethig from their youth, and yes there were somethings that I noticed that I could have complained about............then again, watching 4+ story robots beat the pi$$ out of each other is entertaining in and of itself, and the point blank shots, were to put you IN the action...............it gave us a HUMAN view of these things, not the TRANSFORMERS view. This was OUR perspective on them, and I think he did that well, it could probably have been done better, but look at the scenes where you are looking UP at them, how many times does Prime lean over, bend down and come down to our level?

Same with the other bots.
    The thing is, its just poor directing to have the camera at that angle. You can have the greatest action scenes on earth but if you can't see them, whats the point? I'm sure the action scenes were well choreographed, its just you couldn't actually TELL what was going on. Especially during the hand to hand robot combat, all you could see was a massive gray motion blur. I couldn't even tell what was going on in those scenes other than that they were 'fighting.'

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlash View Post
    The thing is, its just poor directing to have the camera at that angle. You can have the greatest action scenes on earth but if you can't see them, whats the point? I'm sure the action scenes were well choreographed, its just you couldn't actually TELL what was going on. Especially during the hand to hand robot combat, all you could see was a massive gray motion blur. I couldn't even tell what was going on in those scenes other than that they were 'fighting.'
    I am inclined to think that is the point, think about it, you on the street and these 40 ft behemoths are half a block from you battling it out, you are NOT going to see everything, not to mention as fast as they are moving, its going to be a blur, its all fast paced, not the slow motion you would see on tv/tape etc.

Real time combat is just that...........you don't analyze everything you see, you make decision based on what is/did happen because its just that fast, you either stand and fight, or you run for your life................

If that is what he was going for, he did it well. The movie was fast paced as I think it should have been. There was no standing there and verbal sparring, they got to the heart of the matter and got it done and over with.

You are either quick or dead.

You can't just rely on your eyes either, you have to use your ears and sense of feeling to put yourself in that environment, I don't have to see to know that Optimus hits megatron, or there is a fire fight on the street behind me as Hound is opening up on Blackout, or hear the screech of tires and metal as Mykealah* is flying down the street with BB strapped to the back and taking shots @ a Decepticon. Not to mention you had the shots were the GIs were talking about where the Raptors were, and if you have any concept of Flight dynamics, and the speed @ which Starscream can react/act/transform, the fact that he doesn't have a human pilot and doesn't ahve to worry about the affect of G-forces like human pilots that he can out fly them, not to mention leaving the atmosphere.

Not everything HAS to be seen in slow motion, or see @ all, just heard and felt, that is where the real emergence into any film comes into play, much like a decent video game, where the illusion is you are in the game, not sitting behind a 20+' monitor, with a keyboard and mouse.
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Member

Well after hearing everyone raving about this movie ()...i'll have to get myself to watch it

* For the one person in question who keeps saying "its AWESOME!".. i am sure you know who you are! I even had to quote you correctly!

Last edited by Leora; 07-06-2007 at 10:48 AM.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Leora View Post

Well after hearing everyone raving about this movie ()...i'll have to get myself to watch it

* For the one person in question who keeps raving to me about it.. i am sure you know who you are!

I was not "RAVING" about it.....................you have to quote me right.........I said it was
    AWESOME!

Xtreme Member
    Wait I didn't get something. Is hotshot an original autobot? Was he in the movie? I thought Sam's car was hotshot not bumblebee :P

The only Transformers series I've seen was Transformers Armada

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by v a d e R` View Post
    Wait I didn't get something. Is hotshot an original autobot? Was he in the movie? I thought Sam's car was hotshot not bumblebee :P

The only Transformers series I've seen was Transformers Armada
    YOUTUBE IS YOUR FRIEND.......I KNOW you can find the videos on there, or GOOGLE Video........you have ALOT of catching up to do.

NO Hotshot is NOT in the new movie.

Xtreme Member
    I did quote you right At least standing under correction i thought i had....

For the one person in question who keeps saying "its AWESOME!"
    Even though the said correction was made at the time we spoke about it over IM which apparently coincided with the exact time you posted your reply , it seems you beat me to it by milliseconds

I did warn you i am over-analytical

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post
    YOUTUBE IS YOUR FRIEND.......I KNOW you can find the videos on there, or GOOGLE Video........you have ALOT of catching up to do.

NO Hotshot is NOT in the new movie.
    I was reading Wikipedia for the last hour rofl. Starscream is awesome.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I went and saw it wed night. Fantastic movie!! I watch a lot of movies and this one was far from junk. True the story was not accurate, but generally they never are.

The movie was fast paced, and to be honest, i think they tried to cover a bit much in one movie. I'm looking forward to the sequel.
    Donate to XtremeSystems!

Workstation: Intel Core i7 4770, Asus Maximus VI Gene, 32GB Corsair Dominator Platinum DDR3-1866, eVGA SC GTX Titan, 256GB Crucial M4, Corsair HX850, Corsair H100i. Corsair Carbide 350D
    Fileserver: 2x AMD Opteron 2425HE, Supermicro H8DME-2, 24GB DDR2-667, Supermicro 846TQ 24bay Chassis, Redundant 920w, 256 Crucial M4 boot, 20TB Storage
    Notebook Asus Zenbook UX32VD-DH71, Intel Core i7 3517u, 10GB DDR3-1600, 256GB Crucial M4, Geforce GT 620M

Xtreme News Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by STEvil View Post
    He got repaired. Jazz is the one that got toasted.
    I thought BumbleBee lost the use of hi legs? Didnt see him get repaired
    "There's no chance that the iPhone is going to get any significant market share. No chance." -- Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Phlash View Post
    Wow, I'm blown away by how many of you not only liked but loved Transformers. I for one thought it was HORRIBLE. The fight scenes were well choreographed, but its too bad you couldn't see anything because of the massive amount of motion blur, swinging camera, and shots that were taken about 3 inches from the battle. Megatron kind of appeared 10 minutes before the movie ended - who cares about developing a villain character anyways? Not Michael Bay apparently. Also, wtf is up with the fact that the movie was a giant effing advertisement for eBay and GMC? That frustrated me - advertisements in movies are OK, but those advertisements were forced down our throats. They seriously said eBay at least once every 10 minutes. The movie could have been amazing, but Michael Bay shows yet again why he cares nothing for the movie and only for putting as many hot women in his movies as possible. Nothing wrong with that, but wow Mike try something different once in a while, this is Transformers, not Vivid. Also, if you're going to have a movie called Transformers, how about you do something with them? If you're going to put fourty human characters you put in the movie, why develop none of them except for the most boring one (the kid)? I guess my brain had trouble accepting the giant turd that was Transformers after experiencing the mind blowing amazingness of Ratatouille twice. Tis a shame, Transformers could've been awesome.

Ratatoullie and Knocked Up were the best true movies this summer. But you can't go into Transformers as a critic... that was never the point of it in the first place. If you go in with the expectations of a critic you can fault the entire Transformers lineage as the storyline was meant for children who watch cartoons on a Saturday morning.

It's this summer's best blockbuster by far and it delivered in every way it should have.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by quicksilverXP View Post
    Ratatoullie and Knocked Up were the best true movies this summer. But you can't go into Transformers as a critic... that was never the point of it in the first place. If you go in with the expectations of a critic you can fault the entire Transformers lineage as the storyline was meant for children who watch cartoons on a Saturday morning.

It's this summer's best blockbuster by far and it delivered in every way it should have.
    I completely agree, it's based on a cartoon. It did was it was made to do and did it very well. Imo, it was the best action flick this year.
    Unapproved link in signature. Signature has been removed.
    Please read the forums rules and guidelines. They are at the top of the forums.

Edited by IFMU

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by v a d e R` View Post
    I was reading Wikipedia for the last hour rofl. Starscream is awesome.

hotshot comes later, at the end remember how he sent the "message" to any autobots in the universe or whatever? yeah.

if there is a second one...... they better hurry up
    emptiness

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by trance565 View Post
    hotshot comes later, at the end remember how he sent the "message" to any autobots in the universe or whatever? yeah.

if there is a second one...... they better hurry up
    Oh yea! I love hotshot

Xtreme 3D Mark Team Staff
    it was a great movie.
    you should have heard the theater here, people cheering and screaming, hollering for the good guys... it really was a "fans movie", and you could tell alot of people really waited a long time for it.

personally, I think theres a basic problem with this kinda movie.
    people that didnt like transformers in the past, tend to go to it, and still hate it now... cause it's the "summer blockbuster" and expect citizen cane or something... its a movie about robots, toys and a cartoon... its not gonna be a stellar story, unless you can remember how it was fun as a kid, to just let go, and go with the flow of the story.
    if you loved it as a kid, I'd bet you will love it now.

one of my favorite things, was seeing little kids, really little kids, that couldnt have seen much of these from the 80's leaving the theater, imitating optimus prime, or talking about what funny thing they liked.

If anyones curious though...

http://www.worstpreviews.com/review....ection=preview

Shia Lebouf has reportedly already signed on to star in two sequels to the movie

"The command and conquer model," said the EA CEO, "doesn't work. If you think you're going to buy a developer and put your name on the label... you're making a profound mistake."

c[_]
    Quote Originally Posted by Pinnacle View Post
    I thought BumbleBee lost the use of hi legs? Didnt see him get repaired
    Bumblebee lost his legs in the battle (rocket from starscream).

He was repaired after battle.. otherwise the two lovebirds would have only been making out on 2/3 of a camaro at the end of the movie...

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by CandymanCan View Post
    There is gonna be another one ? Great this one was awsome.

I was kinda hoping more action between Megatron, and Optimus. The battle they had kinda sucked, I hope in the next one Him and megatron if megatron comes back to life like he did in the cartoon's, fight ina open area with no humans for optimus to worry about.

Btw if im not mistaken didnt Optimus put the cube into his spark in the cartoon's he actually died, but was brought back to life.
    The Spark in his chest was put into HotRod's chest, he became Rodimus Prime I think.

But yes Optimus did die in the animated movie.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    He didn't put the cube into himself in the animated Transformers - The movie... He died in a battle with Megatron because Megatron fooled him by crying like a little while reaching for a pistol...
    Afterwards the Autobot Matrix of Leadership, which Optimus was carrying within his chest, was passed on to one of the others, can't remember his name right now, and then HotRod took it over later... And defeated Megatron reborn as Galvatron by Unicron (why on those "-on"s?!), the giant planet-eating robot...
    /Geek-speech

I went to see the movie last night, and I really thought it was extremely great! If we look at it as a comic-flick, I'd say it ranks up there with X-men 1/2, and above X3...
    I think they made the Transformers great, especially Optimus was true to his old self, largely helped along by having the same actor doing his voice as in the 80s...
    Also, being as huge as he is, he's instantly recognisable of course, but when you see a large semi coming along, you're not in doubt at all... It was great...
    Also, Jazz was great, it was a shame he had to get killed... But he was y 'till the end...

I don't think you can go into this movie with any kind of critisism in your mind, you'll see a worse movie because of it... But, just like 300, if you simply go in there with the expectation of getting entertained, you'll enjoy it like nothing else...

It's a shame we didn't see more of Starscream's personality though, I love it when I feel like kicking him because of his cowardly attitude...

One of the designs I liked the best was Megatron's... When you see him, you just think "!"... He just LOOKS evil... It was great...

The only thing I think was a bit annoying was the scene with the parents and the masturbation-talk etc.... It was drawn out for way too long...
    But Ironhide was just pure genius!

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

c[_]
    I dislike how they made megatron resemble an Eva... but other than that, good.

All along the watchtower the watchmen watch the eternal return.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I KNEW I had seen that design somewhere before... Oh well, I loved that design, but that might've just been me

Best Regards
    Silverstone RAVEN RV02|
    Core i5 2500K@4.4GHz, 1,300V|
    Corsair A70|ASUS P67 Sabertooth|Creative X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty|
    Corsair Dominator DDR1600 4x4096MB@DDR3-1600@1.65V|Sapphire HD7970 3GB 1075/1475MHz|
    Corsair Force F120 120GB SSD SATA-II, WD Caviar Black 2x1TB SATA-II 32mb, Hitatchi 320GB SATA-II 16mb|Silverstone DA750 750w PSU|

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i wasnt paying close enough attention to notice that. he wasnt slouching like an eva from what i noticed.
    emptiness

Xtreme Cruncher
    megan fox = goddess

the movie was great also

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast