Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast

Thread: "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

-150c Club Member
    Not to mention that if its holding the cpu at that overclock, which is definitly a good result, what were you possibly expecting? 5.5 ghz?

Nice Hardware!!!
    I'm measuring temperatures from the base of evaporator and with software. There is only ~2c difference in those two.

Well I'm lucky that my chip is doing so well under this unit. Quad core overclock is no go at the moment.

Edit: By the way, contact is perfect Maybe 5.5GHz is doable with LN2...
    You are as good as your samples are!

-150c Club Member
    Well if its not tuned for a quad it won't work, you asked for 200watts you said? Thats dual core territory, and probably too little for the high voltage your running. What are you measuring the evap temperature with? Can you take a picture of the evap temperature at idle and at load so we can verify? There should be more then a 2c difference from evap to cpu, a much larger difference indeed.

Even if contacts perfect, you still have a large delta from things like speedfan or coretemp to actual evaporator temperature except at no load or very light load situations.
    Last edited by n00b 0f l337; 07-13-2007 at 06:17 AM.

Xtreme Member
    Tbh at those voltages you're suicide running anyway, so whats wrong with -57?

-150c Club Member
    Go look at kayls cascade, nearly positive temp cores with a quad with a much much much lower evaporator temperature. It sounds like your cascade from Luke is doing just as well as you asked for if not quite a bit better.

-150c Club Member
    I think your just expecting the wrong sort of results, and not seeing your original goal. Your original goal was to overclock, your getting over 4.9ghz, you could not do that without this sorta cooling or better.

Nice Hardware!!!
    I'll continue this with Luke only.

n00b 0f l337, stop speculating, I'm not some phase virgin

Bye!
    You are as good as your samples are!

-150c Club Member
    Should have continued this with Luke to begin with, otherwise, I do not beleive that at full load your evaporator temperature is the same as what your software is reporting if its Speedfan or coretemp or the like.

Xtreme Member
    hey i think this thread is starting to glide from the point,

i think its starting to be more, talk about the things ive bought from luke

i think its good that threads like this is getting up, so both buyer and builder can keep track of whats what.. and its also really good for people that have been thinking of buying a unit..

i think the idea to compile all the builds that have been done by a person in one thread is good,

im pretty sure that luke took all this jobs to HELP ppl on this forum that wants to have extreme cooling,,not to F them over..

its sad that he have been involved in many accidents, so that he not have been able to finish the units in time.

but hes trying to finish every unit now, he shows pics and answers every day.,he seems to be paying money back to some.

give him a break, i waited almost a year for my cascade unit, not built by luke..the first start leaking when shipped, i never started a thread like this, i talked to the person in question.. sometimes things takes longer that expected..
    SYSTEM: |QX9650 | DFI P35 / EVGA 780I | CRUCIAL 2*1GB | 9800GTX | SILVERSTONE 1KW |

HOMEPAGE

The point at the moment is that, according to Luke the units are complete, so why have we not heard from him at all?

No results or pictures of completed and packed units, no picture of 3 auto-cascades together. It takes 5 seconds to take a picture not 3 days.

No assurance that the units will be packed in a wooden crate or given some kind of sufficient protection, or that they are tuned for quad core loads.

Short of an earthquake I have trouble comprehending this.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-13-2007 at 02:58 PM.

Xtreme Member
    here is pic of autoc

Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post

Sorry for quality :| Third mini-c is at my grandparent`s house Will take it to home today.
    SYSTEM: |QX9650 | DFI P35 / EVGA 780I | CRUCIAL 2*1GB | 9800GTX | SILVERSTONE 1KW |

HOMEPAGE

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    The point at the moment is that, according to Luke the units are complete, so why have we not heard from him at all?

No results or pictures of completed and packed units, no picture of 3 auto-cascades together. It takes 5 seconds to take a picture not 3 days.

No assurance that the units will be packed in a wooden crate or given some kind of sufficient protection, or that they are tuned for quad core loads.

Short of an earthquake I have trouble comprehending this.
    Just as an outsider looking in it appears to me that your not happy unless your posting dumping on the guy twice a day.
    By the way, at the time you posted Luke had posted TWO days ago not three as you stated.
    Now I don't know Luke at all so I'm not defending him. It's your tone that comes across as not wanting to solve issues but to blow them up.
    Just think about this please. Yelling and name calling never solved anything.
    Thanks for reading.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Quote Originally Posted by krullet View Post
    here is pic of autoc
    Right, there's a a pic of two auto cascades of 3, both without the condensers which are claimed to be completed.

the 5 other things which were said are not delivered yet, including pictures of completed units and results.

Whatever! Glad you can keep calm since no large sum of money is involved for you.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-14-2007 at 03:16 AM.

Xtreme Member
    when i bvought my cascade for ca 1255 euro i had to w8 a year to get it....im positive that u will get the things u have ordered eventually, things may have come up, things he cannot controle..

and when i look at the pics i see fully completed units..

i think its enough now, everyone has got the point..

i totally agree with movieman.-.

HOMEPAGE

Quote Originally Posted by krullet View Post
    when i bvought my cascade for ca 1255 euro i had to w8 a year to get it....im positive that u will get the things u have ordered eventually, things may have come up, things he cannot controle..

and when i look at the pics i see fully completed units..

i think its enough now, everyone has got the point..

i totally agree with movieman.-.
    Wait, you're saying that because you waited a year for your autoc that somehow makes it ok and I should also wait a year?

If you read this thread you'll find that we are here to sort all this out right now, the waiting and excuses are old news. There's just too much BS involved in this whole thing.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-14-2007 at 02:16 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    I would say 1 mounth is what it takes to build a 2stage cascade on sparetime (evenings and weekends) if all parts are in the workshop.

that's atleast the time it would take me to build a cascade, and that includes fabricate all parts such as evap, accumulators, phasesep and whatever else that's requested, braze all togheter, leak test and tune it.

a singlestager wouldn't take more then 2weeks... auto cascades is little bit more complicated to tune in, especially if you use captube and would take the same as a regular 2stage cascade.

what it takes for me to build doesn't tell what time other builders need for building. But I hope most people keeps the market clean and with resonable deliverytime. I wouldn't accept a year for finishing a regular 2stager, not even 3month..

regards
    Tim

Xtreme Member
    i dint say that u have to w8 for so long just because i did it, but we had really trouble with shipping it, the first one broke down, and then he built me another one..the unit took maybe a month to build, but to ship it to me in swe, from him i norway was really hard, no shipping company would take it, so he had to drive it to swe, and i had to get it..

im just saying things can happen, things noone can change, and it is what it is, the only thing to do is to find a way to fix it,,

not keep bashing luke everyday, that is just wrong..

call him then, and u can talk to him, find a way out, but i dont think this is helping anyone its certainly not making things better..

as i said in the last thread i wrote, everyone here understands what u are saying, and the point have been clear to all--there is no need to keep draging hes name in the mud ...i dont think, even how many thread u write that it will go any faster...

keep the rest to PM, or phone call,

HOMEPAGE

-130C Club Member
    Hello guys !

Sorry for not being online, like always, I`m still waiting for HDD.

What I need to say, three mini -AC have three aux condenser, all are vacuumed and all have initial charge of R290/CO2, all are doing around -67*C, -68*C @ ~ 1,2bar suction pressure.

Photos very soon, I have meet very, very nice girl, we are meeting for few days, because of that I`m not online everyday. I know that someone will tell me, that I`m stupid, meeting with someone instead of working hard on this whole situation. Yes, that`s true, I`m working but not 24/7, I`m meeting, to be in clear emotional situation, without that my work wouldn`t be good.

BTW, she has digicam ! So probably I`ll post clear pictures of some frosty evaps.

Yesterday I had to replace cylinder gasket in my car, by my own, don`t have money to pay it to someone to do that. Of course my car isn`t working now, but I`ll check today, what`s wrong

So, please, calm down, we are closer to the end than farrer

If they're real world temps that's a huge improvement over previous temps before installing the condensers, great job.

Glad that your personal life is back in order and you're doing well with the ladies, and digicam is a bonus I guess, you should put it on your list of things to get though in future.

Don't forget those contacts I sent you they can supply wooden crates for packing, and about tuning for quad core loads, is there any way we can work out to do this?

Maybe you know a friend who can tune for quad core, or if all else fails I can organize someone locally, let me know how it goes.

all the best

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    Hello guys !

Sorry for not being online, like always, I`m still waiting for HDD.

What I need to say, three mini -AC have three aux condenser, all are vacuumed and all have initial charge of R290/CO2, all are doing around -67*C, -68*C @ ~ 1,2bar suction pressure.

Photos very soon, I have meet very, very nice girl, we are meeting for few days, because of that I`m not online everyday. I know that someone will tell me, that I`m stupid, meeting with someone instead of working hard on this whole situation. Yes, that`s true, I`m working but not 24/7, I`m meeting, to be in clear emotional situation, without that my work wouldn`t be good.

BTW, she has digicam ! So probably I`ll post clear pictures of some frosty evaps.

Yesterday I had to replace cylinder gasket in my car, by my own, don`t have money to pay it to someone to do that. Of course my car isn`t working now, but I`ll check today, what`s wrong

So, please, calm down, we are closer to the end than farrer

I know what i would do mate sort your love life out first then start building with your new girlfreind if she's ok with it you never know you might impress her.

From what I gather, creating a dummy 250watt heater should be fairly easy and cheap to do, maybe 15euro or so.

This will allow tuning for quad core loads without actually having a quad core, probably could even use a bit more depending on cost and time.

Luke pm me if you want and we can organize it, it might be better than shipping the unit and realizing later that it won't hold quad core loads.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-17-2007 at 01:33 AM.

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    Every builder should have a dummy load along with a variac, how else would you test variable loads? Tuning for 250-300w is fine but how about making sure the system doesn't drown itself at 100w

Luke does have a dummy load, but the one he has is 150Watt max so using quad core loads might be risky.

Obviously it will be built well, but it's nice to be sure before it leaves the workshop that it's going to handle the load. That's why I'm asking him to get something a bit bigger.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-17-2007 at 03:48 AM.

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by [XC] gomeler View Post
    Every builder should have a dummy load along with a variac, how else would you test variable loads? Tuning for 250-300w is fine but how about making sure the system doesn't drown itself at 100w
    very very true. I think it would be wise for luke to upgrade the 150w dummy load he has to atleast 300w to be safe. A quad core at 1.55v and high oc is so so much hotter than a dual core at 1.85v. Put 1.7 - 1.85v into a quad core and you have a very very hot cpu in your hands.

Xtreme Legend
    Why do you guys talk about quad core @ 1,55V? I'm already running my QX6700 with 1,725V under Vapochill and 1,81V under Dry Ice. I don't think 250W heat load is enough at all for tuning cascade for quad core.
    Favourite game: 3DMark
    Work: Muropaketti.com - Finnish hardware site
    Views and opinions about IT industry: Twitter: sampsa_kurri

Page 6 of 36 FirstFirst ... 345678916 ... LastLast