Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post
    :| Wild Lady was doing -103*C@215W, Piotres can prove that because she was tunned at his workshop :| Something is wrong :|
    Yes, Luke I can say - in mine workshop it had done -103*C loaded, but that was just after putting fresh R1150 portion, and that can be just small leak somewhere and some gas has escaped from second stage, haven't You thought about that Luke ?
    I think that's why wild lady is having worse and worse loaded temps ...if temperature loaded is still higher and higher after some weeks, and unloaded temperature is still lower and lower - is that right SF3D ? - that can mean only one ..small leak somewhere in 2nd stage .

Yes, I must say ...I had seen that electric in wild lady personally and I was really scared and "bad" amazed too . That was trully messy I must say .

Please Luke, next time pack units in HEAVY wooden box ..specialy if You sent unit without case itself . I have said You about that personally too .

Best Regards
    Peter
    Last edited by piotres; 07-06-2007 at 12:06 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Gotta agree with Xeon th MG Pony. These kind of threads are important cos there has to be some kind of comments about how these builders do their jobs. What I have seen from few of these builders they take money on advance and then you have to wait for months to get the actual unit. Not all feedback is going to be positive, you have to take the negative ones too and learn from them. Last thing that I would like to say is that for me it seems that mods here at XS want to suppress all the negative comments and just let people see the "WOW, AWESOME!" "GREAT, EVERYTHING WENT WELL", "NICE JOB MAN" comments and when someone gives feedback which isn't exactly like that they may ban you or someone will beg you to stop commenting like that.

This isn't targeted to anyone in specific, but to all of those who build these compressor coolers and and sell them. Peace everybody
    Last edited by Nazu; 07-06-2007 at 02:04 PM.
    [i5 2500K, ASrock extreme3 gen3, Corsair Vengeance LP 8GB 1600MHz, Palit GTX570 Sonic Platinum, CM HAF932, Antec Truepower New 650w]

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Nazu View Post
    Gotta agree with Xeon th MG Pony. These kind of threads are important cos there has to be some kind of comments about how these builders do their jobs. What I have seen from few of these builders they take money on advance and then you have to wait for months to get the actual unit. Not all feedback is going to be positive, you have to take the negative ones too and learn from them. Last thing that I would like to say is that for me it seems that mods here at XS want to suppress all the negative comments and just let people see the "WOW, AWESOME!" "GREAT, EVERYTHING WENT WELL", "NICE JOB MAN" comments and when someone gives feedback which isn't exactly like that they may ban you or someone will beg you to stop commenting like that.

This isn't targeted to anyone in specific, but to all of those who build these compressor coolers and and sell them. Peace everybody
    Then maybe the forum mods need to make an official "feedback/rating" thread or something that is locked unless a person who actually spent the cash submits a review or comments. Something controlled. Single threads like this just kind of roll out of control.

Xtreme Mentor
    I'd agree with that idea, some thing up front and visible on this board, where disputes about feed back can be resolved transparently.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Speederlander View Post
    Then maybe the forum mods need to make an official "feedback/rating" thread or something that is locked unless a person who actually spent the cash submits a review or comments. Something controlled. Single threads like this just kind of roll out of control.
    I think so too, but I wouldn't say the thread is out of control as it is, most comments are helpful ones by people that actually know what they're talking about or are waiting on units from Luke.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-06-2007 at 03:03 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie123 View Post
    Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/
    my day has sucked so far(my brother ruined a lot of my tools) and reading this made me laugh for the first time today
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.

This mess of unhonored builds is still cropping up (not as bad as the situations of the past though). These sorts of issues should not be brushed under the carpet of PM's, other customers need to be aware of time frame and shipping/packaging inadequacies..

A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.

So a time frame/current orders list from each builder would be nice, and perhaps give the potential customers a little insight before parting with dollars...

regards
    Raja

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raju View Post
    A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.
    Unfortunally the moderation team decided to allow that guy to keep ripping off ppl.

Think its stupid to allow this kind of threads open while letting other bad bussiness practices continue.

Xtreme Addict

That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.

approaching aphelion
    Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.
    I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettbeck View Post
    That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.
    But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by before View Post
    I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

Yeah I am surprised this has not been considered, word is widespread that people tend to get ripped of in the phase section here. Things have improved of late no doubts, having the thread with timelines and outstanding orders would help make it a little more watertight...

Glad someone else sees this too..

regards
    Raja

I sent a message to my friend this morning, try to get him to come here and open up to everyone how he got ripped off...

-130C Club Member

Sorry for quality :| Third mini-c is at my grandparent`s house Will take it to home today.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by [cTx] mysticmerlin View Post
    But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime.
    I wasn't aware it worked that way... but i've heard stories of people being able to get their money back quite easily before. Of course there will be scenarios where people get scammed etc but from what i've heard PayPal are pretty good for the security, unlike Western Union etc.

I sent a message to my friend this morning, try to get him to come here and open up to everyone how he got ripped off...
    Are you sure it's not a member who has already created a thread like this one? I must have seen donzens over the past few years.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    nope brett I know he created no post (just found one reference in a thread of the person in question), I just need him to get back to me about whether it has been settled or not), he was too nice a guy really and wrote off the money, the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
    Raja
    Last edited by Raja@ASUS; 07-07-2007 at 06:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LukeXE View Post

Sorry for quality :| Third mini-c is at my grandparent`s house Will take it to home today.
    Great effort Luke, in getting those pictures.

With the aux condensers added hopefully should see some results soon if charging is finished.

No offense, but i don't think this forum/subforum is created for people's deals/business. IMO a forum is something where people can show there creations, ask for help/advice and can share there problems.

Ofcourse i know that reality is a littlebit different, but i don't think making up a list of good builders are make a calendar for each builder is the responsibility for XS.

Although i must say, it would be a great thing to have a calender/book thing. But I don't think that its feasible, there could be a good reason to have delays, and the whole schedule would be ruined.

Sweet looking units luke
    Last edited by Magoa; 07-07-2007 at 08:16 AM.

Xtreme Mentor
    Only acceptable delays are: broken bones, dead, or being so sick you might as well be dead. There is realy no other reason for it.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Legend
    the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
    Raja
    you guys are killing me
    you talking about chilli1???? or someone else
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    Only acceptable delays are: broken bones, dead, or being so sick you might as well be dead. There is realy no other reason for it.
    life's motto

Diablo 3! Who's Excited?
    I have always wanted to see some form of organized list of builders so customers can keep tabs on them however I don't believe that is the direction the mods/admins want to take this forum. There does need to be some form of order though as it'll both identify quality builder and good businessmen.

nope brett I know he created no post (just found one reference in a thread of the person in question), I just need him to get back to me about whether it has been settled or not), he was too nice a guy really and wrote off the money, the other guy is going strong in this forum right now...

regards
    Raja
    ^^^^^^ Hmm funny how raju is banned now! Was he going to open a can of worms?

Quote Originally Posted by [XC] riptide View Post
    ^^^^^^ Hmm funny how raju is banned now! Was he going to open a can of worms?
    Doubt it has anything to do with it, he told me that he wouldn't be saying anything unless his friend came forward.

Although probably not a good idea to discuss bans or reasons for bans, should just leave it as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by raju

that's upto my firend to come back and prove, although I believe my firend 100&#37;, I don't have the evidence on hand here to back it up, so I don't spread slander. I have left the door open for my friend to make public if he wishes..

regards
    Raja
    Last edited by cruise; 07-07-2007 at 06:46 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    Although probably not a good idea to discuss bans or reasons for bans, should just leave it as it is.
    Nice, real nice.
    Only thing I want to know is will the last person here with any values, morels or ethics please try to pass some on. Seems to be an incredible shortage! Meanwhile, John Q Public has said builder start on system and the circle continues. I thought they called that insanity, same behavior expecting different results
    You'd think were talking National Security Sorry but I was never one to care much for anything less than the truth. Maybe I'm just to old

Quote Originally Posted by gosmeyer View Post
    Nice, real nice.
    Only thing I want to know is will the last person here with any values, morels or ethics please try to pass some on. Seems to be an incredible shortage! Meanwhile, John Q Public has said builder start on system and the circle continues. I thought they called that insanity, same behavior expecting different results
    You'd think were talking National Security Sorry but I was never one to care much for anything less than the truth. Maybe I'm just to old
    But it's not like he was banned for trying to reveal the truth, because he made it clear he wasn't going to say anything, he was banned for something else which he might have deserved (we don't know).

And I'm not saying forget about it, I mean that considering the moderators stance...

According to him his friend might be willing to come forward, but it really is up to him anyway. If it's really true that someone was ripped off I fully support them 100&#37; and they should do everything possible to correct that wrong doing for sure.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-07-2007 at 10:38 PM.

Page 4 of 36 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast