Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

"Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

Hi,

Just wondering how many people have paid LukeXE for a custom build, and how long they've being waiting, giving the reason for the delay.

Also have you seen an actual pic of the finished product, and what were the promised temps given.

Regards.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-04-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I bought a custom auto-cascade off him a few months back. It took a couple of months longer than originally stated but for the price I didn't complain. He then shippd it to me no problems however when I recieved it it had been damaged in shipping and was leaking. It is now sitting with Gray Moile awaiting repairs. This was not Luke's fault though and overall have no problems with how it went.

I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
    It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
    I think you need to give the man some time imo he has way to much work to do, but is getting things back on track... as for as i can read
    Last edited by Magoa; 07-04-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoa View Post
    I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
    It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
    I think you need to give the man some time imo he has way to much work to do... as for as i can read
    That's interesting, you see he also gave me a better offer, promising to build a new unit with a stronger compressor than the one he already had. I paid for the unit before march.

Like you he has now said that this unit is completed, and would send it on Monday, that didn't happen. I even sent him extra money for postage costs.

Mind you I've not received any pictures this time around either...
    Last edited by cruise; 07-04-2007 at 04:07 AM.

HVAC/R student
    lalalalala ....don't pay for things in advance..... lalalalala
    ...is no longer working as an assistant HVAC/R-installer...
    But, is still blasting 20000 songs of real Rap

Xtreme Mentor
    Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Egyptian OverClocker
    please stop such threads

if u have a problem with him keep it to PMs

he mentioned that he had a car accident + his exams + couple of other things that delayed everything

and he also said yesterday that he got another car so he will be able to ship 3 units already finished in the next couple of days

pray for God that those 3 units one of them is urs

and stop starting such threads please
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Xtreme Mentor
    No these threads are needed, not just Luke but others, this is a growing trend which is ridicules, it seems there needs to be a reminder that this is a business and it has to be treated as one.

School will interfer with building then thoughs in that possition should not be doing so.

The one and Only MG Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.
    Nope, I feel the same way.

If I had someone that had paid so much money for something, was waiting for months and trusted me as a long standing member of XS and experienced builder I would not be taking on new orders, from the time I was home I would be working on the order and setting a definite date for sending out the order.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I just hope that nobody is taking advantage of their reputation here.

Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT View Post
    please stop such threads
    I don't think I need to remind you that we aren't talking a few hundred $$$ here,I think a forum thread discussing any issues is the least of what can be done.

-130C Club Member
    Guys, please stop !

Cruise, your and two more auto-c will be send in this week ! They should go today, but I had problems with phase separators and with weird R290.

With this R290 I`ve got phase separation is weird and unit isn`t working as it should. I`ve got three auto-c to send, three are done but I`m still making small improvments, charging one more time. It`s not just SS, with those units I`ve got really hard time, still something bad happens :|

Before friday I`ll give to you and two more persons tracking numbers, I know that it takes too long :| :| I`m not hiding or something, stealing someone`s money, not answering or something. Just I have f***ucking bad couple months :|

Xtreme Member
    Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/

Xtreme Member
    Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdustin2008 View Post
    Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.
    Good for you, around a month I was just the same.

Now that it's past 2 months, it's a little different. If not for you I'm glad you can be so calm about it.

I am Xtreme
    My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).
    The difference is Luke is a very skilled auto-c builder but is only 18 and thus doesn't have a very high paying job to afford the parts in advance or afford someone to back out of a deal. He has also explained that he hasn't had the best of times recently so building is going slow.

Basically cut him some slack, if it had been 4 months I could understand this but 4 weeks to build a top end unit far outperforming anything in the shops for less money.

4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)

Xtreme Mentor
    My comments are not just to Luke, they are fall who are building.

We see you are not trying to be bad to any one Luke, but I want my posts to serve as a warning to thoughs who wish to start or are doing but not thought of such things.

I intend to fabricate chillers, but be for I do there is much planning and stocking and tooling that must be don to ensure fast efficient building and shipping at a good price. Some seem to just decide to do it with little planning and such disruptions are catastrophic to them.

The one and Only MG Pony

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)
    I was waiting half a year ... and the unit didn't work ... then I waited a few weeks for money back.
    After 8 months I get all my money back and ... have no unit
    Last edited by yotomeczek; 07-04-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Xtreme Mentor
    This is part of being a man, you take the job you finish it no matter what. Come on fellow builders, did you not learn from the whole chilly1 escapade? tragic it was and I feel for the guy, but this is business, it is cold as the machines you make are, it cares not what has happened to you, it only cares that the product arrives as fast as one can reliably and the money that was agreed on changes hand.

They may cut you slack, but there is no excuse.

Any Case, good Luke with getting your self sorted out and may I suggest you refuse ANY future requests.

A tip from some one who has had a mini-business for a while: never offer to upgrade systems, Just build it the way you said you would and ship it, let them ask for any upgrades, as then delays will be their problem not yours. and a motto to live by: Expect the worst, hope for the best and make sure you are set for now. Take nothing for granted. This applies to every facet of life as well.
    Last edited by Xeon th MG Pony; 07-04-2007 at 01:10 PM. Reason: spelling: grammer correction.

The one and Only MG Pony

Quote Originally Posted by yotomeczek View Post
    I was waiting half a year ... and the unit didn't work ... then I waited a few weeks for money back.
    After 8 months I get all my money back and ... have no unit
    Interesting, so it really is as bad as I thought.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-04-2007 at 01:04 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Someone lock this thread. This is a blatant personal attack that should be resolved through PM's and private contact. Not public attacks on a competent phase builder.

...if he was so competent there wouldn't be a thread about him now would there.

That makes 4 people that received units that DID NOT WORK.

The thread will remain open until this issue is fully resolved, there's too much money involved to be joking with this.

Xtreme Mentor
    Cruise most where due to shipping, I have seen the most hardened parts destroyed while shipping, and I am talking about 200 pound Hydraulic rams, if they can manage to break them in shipping a phase unit stands no chance!

So give credit where it is due. The delays are the issue here I would think. And it does appear He now understands this well. Lets all take a deep breath and relax and let him work on making good on all his due dates, adding stress to the poor kid isn't going to help.

You should have been a bit more cautious on whom you choose to do business with as well, blame is not one sided on this. If both stumble into some thing ill planed then both are responsible for what comes of it.

The one and Only MG Pony

What planning? On the recommendation of people at this forum and ocn I asked LukeXE to build me a unit, I got all the details and we set a timeframe and organized estimated shipping costs, even asking if there was anything I should know before entering into the deal.

He explained in detail the process and assured me that he has done this before and that everything will be taken care of.

when everything was understood, I then paid--and sat patiently while a 2 week build turned into a 2 month one.

Please feel free to point out where I went wrong, other than perhaps even doing this in the first place. But do we have a choice if we want a good phase system?

Page 1 of 36 123411 ... LastLast