Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast

Thread: "Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

Hybrid View

"Finishing delayed units by Luke, information topic".

Hi,

Just wondering how many people have paid LukeXE for a custom build, and how long they've being waiting, giving the reason for the delay.

Also have you seen an actual pic of the finished product, and what were the promised temps given.

Regards.
    Last edited by cruise; 07-04-2007 at 02:34 AM.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I bought a custom auto-cascade off him a few months back. It took a couple of months longer than originally stated but for the price I didn't complain. He then shippd it to me no problems however when I recieved it it had been damaged in shipping and was leaking. It is now sitting with Gray Moile awaiting repairs. This was not Luke's fault though and overall have no problems with how it went.

I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
    It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
    I think you need to give the man some time imo he has way to much work to do, but is getting things back on track... as for as i can read
    Last edited by Magoa; 07-04-2007 at 03:22 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Magoa View Post
    I have paid LukeXE for a auto-c, think i paid him somewhere in march.

At 30march he had finisht the unit(thread incl pictures was here on xs), but he gave me a better offer(stronger compressor). He told me it could take some time before he could build/rebuild it for me.
    It should be ready to ship by now if i can believe his mail. Only thing is he dont give me any temps + pics this time

Why you asking those questions? Are you waiting for a unit, are?
    I think you need to give the man some time imo he has way to much work to do... as for as i can read
    That's interesting, you see he also gave me a better offer, promising to build a new unit with a stronger compressor than the one he already had. I paid for the unit before march.

Like you he has now said that this unit is completed, and would send it on Monday, that didn't happen. I even sent him extra money for postage costs.

Mind you I've not received any pictures this time around either...
    Last edited by cruise; 07-04-2007 at 04:07 AM.

HVAC/R student
    lalalalala ....don't pay for things in advance..... lalalalala
    ...is no longer working as an assistant HVAC/R-installer...
    But, is still blasting 20000 songs of real Rap

Xtreme Mentor
    Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

Quote Originally Posted by Xeon th MG Pony View Post
    Is it just me or are these guys biting off way more then they are equiped to handle, it should only take a week or les once all parts have arrived to assemble, and tune the unit, at worst 2 weeks, this whole month stuff is over the top. Providing he's still going to school, but thats what evenings are for.
    Nope, I feel the same way.

If I had someone that had paid so much money for something, was waiting for months and trusted me as a long standing member of XS and experienced builder I would not be taking on new orders, from the time I was home I would be working on the order and setting a definite date for sending out the order.

I'm not sure what to do at this point. I just hope that nobody is taking advantage of their reputation here.

Egyptian OverClocker
    please stop such threads

if u have a problem with him keep it to PMs

he mentioned that he had a car accident + his exams + couple of other things that delayed everything

and he also said yesterday that he got another car so he will be able to ship 3 units already finished in the next couple of days

pray for God that those 3 units one of them is urs

and stop starting such threads please
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT View Post
    please stop such threads
    I don't think I need to remind you that we aren't talking a few hundred $$$ here,I think a forum thread discussing any issues is the least of what can be done.

Xtreme Mentor
    No these threads are needed, not just Luke but others, this is a growing trend which is ridicules, it seems there needs to be a reminder that this is a business and it has to be treated as one.

School will interfer with building then thoughs in that possition should not be doing so.
    Bring back natural selection! No more warning lables!

The one and Only MG Pony

-130C Club Member
    Guys, please stop !

Cruise, your and two more auto-c will be send in this week ! They should go today, but I had problems with phase separators and with weird R290.

With this R290 I`ve got phase separation is weird and unit isn`t working as it should. I`ve got three auto-c to send, three are done but I`m still making small improvments, charging one more time. It`s not just SS, with those units I`ve got really hard time, still something bad happens :|

Before friday I`ll give to you and two more persons tracking numbers, I know that it takes too long :| :| I`m not hiding or something, stealing someone`s money, not answering or something. Just I have f***ucking bad couple months :|

Xtreme Member
    Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/

Xtreme Mentor
    Quote Originally Posted by Freddie123 View Post
    Just hope he doesn't spit in your refrigerant =/
    my day has sucked so far(my brother ruined a lot of my tools) and reading this made me laugh for the first time today
    mentally confused and prone to wandering

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.

This mess of unhonored builds is still cropping up (not as bad as the situations of the past though). These sorts of issues should not be brushed under the carpet of PM's, other customers need to be aware of time frame and shipping/packaging inadequacies..

A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.

So a time frame/current orders list from each builder would be nice, and perhaps give the potential customers a little insight before parting with dollars...

regards
    Raja

-100c Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by raju View Post
    A good friend of mine who used to build units here was thoroughly ripped off by a seller of parts here, he paid the guy up front I think in the region of $1000, never did see the parts. The shipper went onto use the money for somebody else's build. Unfortunately this was never made public and the person in question is still going strong via XS. Not my place to say who, as I am not the one with all the evidence to back it up.
    Unfortunally the moderation team decided to allow that guy to keep ripping off ppl.

Think its stupid to allow this kind of threads open while letting other bad bussiness practices continue.

Xtreme Addict

That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.

Join XS WCG or \/ !!
    Quote Originally Posted by Brettbeck View Post
    That's why we have PayPal. They rip everyone off, but at the end of the day I would NEVER pay someone I don't know without using it. (For this type of business). That way the buyer allways has protection and if they don't recieve what they've paid for, you can file a complaint and get your money back.
    But your complaint is limited to a time line and I have been scammed on paypal twice so it is not that easy. If the person you paid via PP takes the money out before you file a claim and never puts money back in the same account you will not see a dime.

Got an Xtreme System? Bring it here! <----

approaching aphelion
    Maybe each builder using this forum as a business platform should be asked to make a shortlist of work on hand and estimated completion dates for each, this way users can decide who best to approach. Usual disclaimers would apply for XS itself which cannot be held liable, however, I believe it would help prevent builders who are already behind, taking on more work until the older orders are fully honored.
    I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

Best Regards,
    Xavier

"I prefer to fly alone... when alone, I perform those little coups of audacity which amuse me..." Col. René Fonck (1894-1953), the Ace of Aces.

Xtreme X.I.P.
    Quote Originally Posted by before View Post
    I second that.

I think a single thread should be enough, with a table in first post gathering the whole calendar and/or calendars by builders. Simple as that.

Yeah I am surprised this has not been considered, word is widespread that people tend to get ripped of in the phase section here. Things have improved of late no doubts, having the thread with timelines and outstanding orders would help make it a little more watertight...

Glad someone else sees this too..

regards
    Raja

I sent a message to my friend this morning, try to get him to come here and open up to everyone how he got ripped off...

Xtreme Member
    Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.

Quote Originally Posted by tylerdustin2008 View Post
    Mine has taken over a month as well, and i have 2 more weeks to wait for mine. But i have been in constant contact with him. And i do understand why it takes so long.... If i had the money i would build one myself, which i do not. So just PM him.
    Good for you, around a month I was just the same.

Now that it's past 2 months, it's a little different. If not for you I'm glad you can be so calm about it.

I am Xtreme
    My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    My builder won't even accept money upfront . . .He has had my vap for a couple months but he had to work with SSilencer to get the custom evap head and enclosure (+ 1 to Ssilencer and @traitor - great job guys) and he is also getting R507 hence the delay . . .I have been very happy thus far . . .but then I also know him personally (we both are PDXLANers).
    The difference is Luke is a very skilled auto-c builder but is only 18 and thus doesn't have a very high paying job to afford the parts in advance or afford someone to back out of a deal. He has also explained that he hasn't had the best of times recently so building is going slow.

Basically cut him some slack, if it had been 4 months I could understand this but 4 weeks to build a top end unit far outperforming anything in the shops for less money.

4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by cruise View Post
    4 months...

Well we're past the half way mark, so I guess it's doable.

I suppose once we reach that milestone people will be saying I overreacted and should wait another two months (half a year)
    I was waiting half a year ... and the unit didn't work ... then I waited a few weeks for money back.
    After 8 months I get all my money back and ... have no unit
    Last edited by yotomeczek; 07-04-2007 at 12:24 PM.

Page 1 of 35 123411 ... LastLast