Thread: Majestic 12 tweaking guide

Threaded View

XS_THE_MACHINE

Majestic 12 tweaking guide

Yep, I finished it. I will fix it up as I kind of rushed the last part. In order to beat those Norwegians (and in the future, Free-DC) we will have to make our clients work to their potential. Depending on your connection, anywhere between 100k and 500k urls could be gained. Of course, every internet connection and computer is different, so you will have to tweak it to your computer. There are 6 sections we will have to worry about. They are Personal, Connection, Crawler, Profiles, Misc. and archiving. First up is Personal. This is what it looks like:
    This is what a typical personal tab should look like.
    #1 and #2 should both represent you and not me. If you want to run the client under my name, that is fine. When you first start the client, you will need to enter your password, but after that it will be unneeded.
    #3 is just to keep things tidy. Each one should be personalized to the computer it is running on so that it is easy to fix problems.
    #4 is really only for people in different areas of the world. One example is Hixie. He is located in Hong Kong. For this reason, it is to his benefit to select domains from Hong Kong (.hk, .jp, etc). For most people it won’t make a huge difference (people in US, UK, etc) but for the more secluded members, it could help. That’s about it for the personal tab.
    Last edited by [XC] moddolicous; 07-01-2007 at 05:48 PM.
    "Victory is always possible for the person who refuses to stop fighting"

clicks to save kids