Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Yale Team Aims to Turn Sunlight Into Liquid Fuel

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraful View Post
    One day we are going to meet God when we've gone beyond his science level.
    That will be when he will tell us that he's sorry but have to throw the whole experiment down the drain before his boss get to realize how he messed the thing up.

Quote Originally Posted by Revv23 View Post
    I don't see why we aren't on nuclear power. Seems to me france is 80% nuclear and what do you know, they have the cleanest air in the world.
    I don't know about this one, some days here in Paris it's feeling a little like it did in Mexico last time i visited.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    Nuclear power is a relative shortterm solution. Uranium prices goes up drasticly since it gets harder and harder to mine it and demand goes up. We have plenty tho, but nuclear power aint as fun if you have to raise the price 10x on electricity.

Not to mention the hazards and waste issue.

Things like hydrogen is 100% clean, exaust is water. And you could basicly make it anywhere in the world. And the transportation issue is fixed with the hydrogen pill that cant burn etc. Solar in africa, wind in windy places like Denmark, waveeenergy at places with tidal forces (england, northen france)etc.

We just need to lose the corporate interest in keeping what we got.
    Problem with hydrogen is it takes more energy to put into a useable form then it does to make. So you are just moving the place where the losses occur from a vehicle to a factory, meanwhile you are taking losses in the conversion from one energy source to the other. Lose -Lose.

Quote Originally Posted by Amplified View Post
    I remember hearing that the iraq conflict costs the U.S. 2bil per week... So 12.8mil is like nothing...
    While we are at it, i want that money back too. Screw the iraqi people i don't want to pay to send my fellow americans over there to die. (lets not start a debate on this please, just making a statement)

Quote Originally Posted by LowRun View Post
    I don't know about this one, some days here in Paris it's feeling a little like it did in Mexico last time i visited.
    Could you be more vauge please? I am afraid I am about to get your point.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Revv23 View Post
    Problem with hydrogen is it takes more energy to put into a useable form then it does to make. So you are just moving the place where the losses occur from a vehicle to a factory, meanwhile you are taking losses in the conversion from one energy source to the other. Lose -Lose.
    Precisely, It takes a lot of energy in order to get Hydrogen, and what are we using to produce the electricity for this task? Nuclear, Oil, Coal, etc...
    -Cpu:Opteron 170 LCBQE 0722RPBW(2.87ghz @ 1.300v)
    (retired)Opteron 146 (939) CAB2E 0540
    -Heatsink: Thermalright XP-90
    -Fan:120mm Yate Loon 1650 RPM @ 12V, 70.5 CFM, 33dB
    -Motherboard: DFI Lanparty nF4 UT Ultra-D
    -Ram: Mushkin High Performance blue, 2gigs(2X1gig kit) PC3200 991434
    -Hard drive: Seagate 400GB Barracuda SATA HD 7200.10(AS noisey model)
    -Video card: evga 6800GS @520/1170
    -Case: P180
    -PSU:Enermax 535Watt EG565P-VE FMA (24P)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12