Thread: my first mod!

Banned

my first mod!

So...like the thread is called,this is my first mod and.I decided to start moddin' my case one day when i was cleaning it and from there i had gone wild
    I am sorry for the lack of pics in the modding stage but i fried my mobo and gpu card adn i am running with a Celeron478 until i will buy new parts .Anyway i hope u will like it,i know i sure do,being my first
    This is what i used for this mod :
    1 angle grinder
    2 half meter mesh from a hardware store
    3 drill
    4 an old psu case for the hdd rack
    5 4 wheels
    This is how the case looked before

And this is what i did during the mod(once again i am sorry i haven't got any more pics of this stage)
    This is when i made the right side panel...after i had cut the original panel

And this is the left side already assembled

And this is the front of the case after i have cut it and left only the sides so that i could put the mesh!

This is when i painted the case black

This is the hdd rack i made from the psu case.it has that 80mm fan for hdd cooling and i also made that side between the fan and the left side so the hdd can stay there

Also i cut a hole on the top of the case for a 120 mm fan,and there is also another 120mm fan in the front that i cut

And this is the case finished...during asembling

And this is the case assembled.the only things i still need are 2 80mm fans to put in the back and 2 buttons(start and reset.For now it has only a start button)

so this was my first mod.i hope u like it.The only thing i dislike about it is the paint that does not last .
    Anyway i like it...and hope u will to
    Thx!!!
    Last edited by alexey; 03-12-2009 at 03:31 AM.

a bit wild for my own personal tastes (I am pretty conservative when it comes to case mods--a paint job here, a window there) but I do like the work you did. Thanks for sharing it and congratulations on a completed mod!

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Not bad, but I'm not really a fan of the all-mesh front and side for several reasons - aesthetics, noise levels, and dust. Plus, having completely open sides makes it hard to get any guided air-flow happening.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

Xtreme Guru
    i would say that you did an excellent job considering this is your first case mod..
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Enthusiast
    gj, mesh isnt me but that doesnt mean it isnt a good job, so well done.
    Gaming Rig
    Intel E6300
    Intel Mobo
    2 Gig OCZ 800 (800 5,5,5,15)
    Saphire Ati 4870
    22inch LG Flatron W2230S

Xtreme Enthusiast
    if the mesh panels didnt stick out so much it would look a lot better, but as the others said, it is a little on the wild side as far as my tastes go.
    Media PC:[AMD x2 4800][MSI K9N-SLI][2x1gig Corsair DDR2 800][ATI 3650 AIW][Asus Xonar D2X][500gig Samsung SATA][Crap Antec Case and PSU]

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Great stuff.

First time ive seen some1 doing an All mesh mod.

Really unique!

CPU : E8400
    Motherboard : Abit IP-35 Pro
    Memory : GSkill DDR2-800 2GBHZ @ 1:1 445 4-4-4-12
    Graphics Card : Palit HD4870 Dual Sonic
    Display : Dell E228WFP
    Storage & OS : 1TB | Windows 7 64bit
    Sound Card & Speakers/Headphones : X-Fi Platinum (HotRod) > Zero DAC > BeyerDynamic DT990 Pro
    Peripherals : Razer ProType Keyboard | Steelseries Ikari Optical | Razer Goliathus Speed.
    Case : Coolermaster ATCS 840
    PSU : OCZ GamerXtreme 700W

I am Xtreme
    Props for your first mod.

You live and learn, only way to do it.

Take what you learned to do and not do with this one, and when the next one comes along apply your lessons there.
    fermiNow Dave will see FERMI where ever I go
    Quote Originally Posted by jbartlett323 View Post
    So please return to the "Darkside of the Moon" and check your "Pulse" while you wait for the "Animals" that will be "Obscured By Clouds". And watch me wave as I say "Wish You Were Here" in "A Momentary Lapse of Reason"

Xtreme Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post

Take what you learned to do and not do with this one, and when the next one comes along apply your lessons there.
    words of wisdom
    Evga X58 sli under cascade
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=219788
    Evga X58 Sli ultimate overclocking/ overview/ discussion thread
    http://www.xtremesystems.org/forums/...d.php?t=221082

proud owner of E8600 Q822A435

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by phelan1777 View Post

as with everything :P, live and learn
    Gaming Rig
    Intel E6300
    Intel Mobo
    2 Gig OCZ 800 (800 5,5,5,15)
    Saphire Ati 4870
    22inch LG Flatron W2230S

Banned
    First of all i want to give a big thx to all of you.I'ts been a pleasure sharing my case mod to u.And as i said before i am sorry i haven't got any more pics to show u from the moding stage but when i fried my mobo all the pictures where on the desktop and they all...went away for ever
    And now to explain my mod a little better because this morning when i started the thread i was a bit in a hury but still i was anctious to show my work.
    First of all,i belive u all noticed the left side panel of my case witch has been extended(it is now 2 cm wider).This is because my case was very small to begin with,and my sonic tower was hitting the old side panel and that for me was unacceptable.
    The second thing i want to say is about the mesh.At the time when i first thought of this mod i wanted to use plexi but this was much easier to think of than to do because i live in Romania and plexi here is very hard to find and also very expensive,not to mention pc modding is at it's very begining here...very few shops in the hole country have modding stuff for sale,and those who have only sale a few things(also i want to say that u can't find anything for case moding eccept fan grills and lian li wheels).Also here in Romania water cooling is almost unknown.Anyway...about the mesh...this was the only one that i could find that i liked and also it looks very sexy i think(i know air doesn't flow so well trough the case but this will have to do for now)
    Also i want to say that working with this kind of mesh is very hard because it is very hard to bend.
    here are some pics of how the mesh looks when u buy it

And one more thing i want to say i also don't like and i think i will take off is that AKSA cable management for the psu cables because it makes the wires very hard to work with and it gives me almost no possibility no hide hide them and u can all see what a mess it makes inside my case,not to mention it messed up the air flow inside the case.
    These been said i want to thank u all again and i want to say that i am open for questions.

/////EDIT:here are some more pics that i've taken of the case

Last edited by alexey; 06-30-2007 at 11:01 AM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Solarfall View Post
    i would say that you did an excellent job considering this is your first case mod..
    second that!

really nice first mod

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by OCFX View Post
    second that!

really nice first mod
    THX guys...u really make me feel so good knowing that i am not the only one that like's my case.

Next i have a cube project in mind,that i want to build from the ground up,and it will also be watercooled.But i don't know when this will happen because i will have to get a job and i don't know if i will have the time
    I like to dream a lot...and also i like to make my dreams come trough
    Last edited by alexey; 03-07-2008 at 11:57 PM.

Xtreme Member
    Maybe you could try to hide at least some of the wires. Some clear plexi on the side panel so the fans wouldn´t suck dust so much in the case.

Xtreme Member
    Doesn't look that bad at all considering it is your first mod.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by kiikkuja View Post
    Maybe you could try to hide at least some of the wires. Some clear plexi on the side panel so the fans wouldn´t suck dust so much in the case.
    yes i said i am gonna take those covers off the psu cables so i can hide the wires.About the plexi...i tried to find some but i couln't...maybe on my next project

Doesn't look that bad at all considering it is your first mod.
    THX

Xtreme Member
    Sorry...missed that part altogether.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    super cool
    naspa ca laterala cam iese in evidenta

Banned
    Thank you buddy

Pai laterala iese in evidenta,chiar asa a fost si gandita ca sa incapa sonic tower-ul in ea ...oricum carcasa asta sta de ceva timp pe sifonier

Banned
    You know thats not bad for your first mod. My first mod was adding a fan! lol. but you'll notice that as you go you get more experience, you get alot more picky about things, and they have to be absolutely perfect. And that the projects seem to take longer and longer, because the mods get more and more elaborate.

Banned
    Well thank you well this unfortunately was my first major case mod since then because now i am lacking the time and the place to do this mods.And i think about something i would like to do every day but i can't
    I am hoping that in the near future i will be able to do another major mod

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by RealRedRaider View Post
    How is your airflow???

That mesh looks kinda restrictive???
    For air?

Xtreme Member
    Nice mod bro!

Lookin good
    Stealth Water

Quote Originally Posted by TheGanG View Post
    Yeah, x15 makes me happy...

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by OCFX View Post
    second that!

really nice first mod
    agreed, eveyone has to start somewhere lol, and he did the best with the things available to him. surely thats all that really counts

Mobo: Foxconn Bloodrage v1.0
    CPU: Core i7 920 (stock) + TRUE Black
    RAM: G.Skill NQ 3x1GB DDR3 1600MHz
    Graphics: EVGA e-GeForce GTX 260 Core 216 SSC
    PSU: Corsair HX620
    Case: Antec 900
    Storage: Hitachi Deskstar (320GB), Samsung Spinpoint F1 (1TB)
    Optical Drive: Samsung SH-S223Q
    Sound: Sonar X-FI Audio
    Speakers: Logitech x230 2.1
    Screen: Samsung SyncMaster 226cw