Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: dx10 to use software aa resolve

Xtreme Enthusiast
    all i saw was weird horrible glitches.. a terrible save game feature set.. pretty much a total lack of ability to save the game in a desirable way.. in fact i played for hours and hours only to get basically nowhere in the game because i kept playing the same parts over and over.. you cant skip the cutscenes either so you have to watch a cutscene everytime you resume the game.. so wait 5 minutes to play for 20 seconds because its saved in a weird way.. on and on the game goes with more glitches and just a complete lack of intelligent design.
    EVGA 680i T1 Intel x6800
    4x1gb OCZ ddr2 8500 sli edition
    8800 gtx
    ultra x3 1000 watt
    NEC 20wmgx2 20.1 LCD
    Lite-on DVDR SHM 165H6S Lite-on DVDR SOHW 1673S
    2x WD 36.6 GB Raptor Raid 0
    4x Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS
    Logitech G15 razer deathadder
    apogee gtx mcw30 north and south
    pa120.2 x2 and mcw655x2 in series

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by tommyshango View Post
    all i saw was weird horrible glitches.. a terrible save game feature set.. pretty much a total lack of ability to save the game in a desirable way.. in fact i played for hours and hours only to get basically nowhere in the game because i kept playing the same parts over and over.. you cant skip the cutscenes either so you have to watch a cutscene everytime you resume the game.. so wait 5 minutes to play for 20 seconds because its saved in a weird way.. on and on the game goes with more glitches and just a complete lack of intelligent design.
    Oh well, whatever man. I didnt have a single issue with COJ.

Quote Originally Posted by purecain View Post
    so going by what dil says the hd2900xt will outright beat down the gtx in any titles with shader based aa resolve, which is shaping up to be all of them. i can handle that. based on this it no longer makes sense to advise people to buy the gtx and especially not the gts as i have to wonder what kind of performance that poor card will produce.
    You still aren't reading correctly, the hd2900xt took a bigger hit then even the 8800gts with shader aa enabled.

As for shader aa, we still don't know how many, if any, other titles will use it. It all depends on who's hardware they're optimized for.

Quote Originally Posted by TouGe View Post
    This post has become rather pointless. Congradulations for turning a really good thread into a pissing contest. Diltech has gone out of his way to explain, reiterate, and then explain again but nobody here wants to hear it. Oh well, what ever! Points for you Diltech for trying but I fear its a losing battle.
    Yes, unfortunately sometimes logic is lost amongst people.
    Last edited by DilTech; 07-03-2007 at 03:49 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Banned
    dil why do you insist on putting across a twisted comparison. the hd2900xt beat the gtx and the gts. so what if it took a bigger hit. it took that and still wiped the floor with your gtx......

Xtreme Member
    dil why do you insist on putting across a twisted comparison. the hd2900xt beat the gtx and the gts. so what if it took a bigger hit. it took that and still wiped the floor with your gtx......

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3029&p=2

The 2900XT is not wiping the floor with the GTX in any title to date fanboy.

And yes I am going to continue to call you a fanboy because that is exactly what you are. I have read your post and even saw where you stated that you would not recommend an 8800GTX to anyone which is about as fanboish as it gets considering if someone wants the best card out there which can run all the older titles well with AA and AF cranked up plus the newer titles the same way then the 8800GTX is currently still the best on the market. Does it cost more? yes it does but with that cost you have a much wider range of games in which you can play at higher settings.

The 2900XT can keep up well in titles like R6 Vegas, Test Drive, Dirt, Oblivion.......My best friend has a highly overclocked 2900XT and we had some time to bench these games back to back against my overclocked GTX and the performance was similar.

However there are still a lot of other games out there that really causes the 2900XT to tank when AA and AF are applied. Driver issue or hardware issue? I dont think anyone really knows yet.

The 2900XT is a great card for the $$$ and I would recommend it to anyone looking to run some of these newer titles because that is mostly what it seems to be built around.

For someone looking to run just about any game on the market ranging from old to new at the highest settings with AA and AF then I would recommend the 8800GTX.
    Last edited by SLINROB; 07-05-2007 at 08:43 AM.

Doesn't anymore... Check anandtech, the 162 drivers put up some nice increases. Lost planet now runs faster in DX10 mode than it does DX9!
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    Doesn't anymore... Check anandtech, the 162 drivers put up some nice increases. Lost planet now runs faster in DX10 mode than it does DX9!

I provided that link in my post

Banned
    slinrob you are clueless. do your research fanboy as you obviously have done none. the r600 gpu will wipe the floor with the gtx when hardware resolve is a thing of the past. ha ha ha ha ha...... do your homework.....
    dont disrespect me nvidia lover....
    Last edited by purecain; 07-06-2007 at 07:01 AM.

not according to anandtech pure, the GTX now comes out on top in COJ.
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DilTech View Post
    not according to anandtech pure, the GTX now comes out on top in COJ.
    I love the way purecain neglects to acknowledge this fact that is staring him right in the face

Hey purecain, here it is again in case you missed it the first 3 times that it was brought to your attention! ROTF

http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3029&p=2

What now FANBOY!
    Last edited by SLINROB; 07-06-2007 at 12:11 PM.

Xtreme Member
    BTW purecain if that is a pic of yourself in your avatar then I think I know all I need to know about you.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345