Thread: DFI nF4 SLI volt mods?

-100C Club Member

DFI nF4 SLI volt mods?

Hey i was wondering if anyone knew the vmods for a DFI nF4 SLI.
    i did a search but nothing came up?

Vmods for DFI???

Don't take this in wrong way but are you crazy or what??

Doesn´t need for vmods, you have 4.0V to mem and a lot of vcore to cpu in the bios....

Maybe a vdrop....
    Main Rig : E8400@DFI UT P35 T2R@2*1Gb OCZ Reaper 9200@Powercolor 4870@Lc Power 700W
    Storage : Maxtor 320Gb Sata2@ Seagate 500Gb Sata2 :banana::banana::banana::banana: HD

Extreme OC beginner

-100C Club Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Paulo Jorge View Post
    Vmods for DFI???

Don't take this in wrong way but are you crazy or what??

Doesn´t need for vmods, you have 4.0V to mem and a lot of vcore to cpu in the bios....

Maybe a vdrop....

sorry forgot to mention i just need the vmod, im doing it for a friend, doenst like the voltage droop
    are there any pencile mods or something?

Xtreme Member
    what sorta voltage droop? and is he going by in windows voltage monitoring, or by digital multimeter...because those boards report lower voltages then what they are really giving out on the vcore and vdimm i think.

i no longer use a laptop.

Do You Owe Me Heatware??

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Thanks for making a thread Kayl, appreciate it mate.
    what sorta voltage droop? and is he going by in windows voltage monitoring, or by digital multimeter...because those boards report lower voltages then what they are really giving out on the vcore and vdimm i think.
    I don't have a multi - VCore droop and VDIMM overvolt I'm taking from BIOS, and for additional droop at load I'm using Samurize, CPU-Z and NXsensor, all of which report pretty much the same thing.

So, I'd like to be able to tighten up VCore (straight off droop of 0.05-0.08V, worsens under load), and see if there's a fix for the VDIMM overvolt (which is quite significant - about 0.08V). I'm not sure whether it's my PSU (Antec NeoHE 500W) or my board, but I'd like to rule out one possible source.
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Foundational Falsehoods of Creationism

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    *bump*

Anyone?
    Rig specs
    CPU: i7 5960X Mobo: Asus X99 Deluxe RAM: 4x4GB G.Skill DDR4-2400 CAS-15 VGA: 2x eVGA GTX680 Superclock PSU: Corsair AX1200

Xtreme Member
    well basically, thats all your seeing for vdroop, its just a lie. if you had a multimeter, which id recommend if your gonna be doing any volt modding youd see that the cpu is actually being over-volted on load, as a64's can pull up to .05v per core under load extra, so if you set to 1.55v, at load you can be pulling 1.65v.

vdimm overvolt is just something youll have to live with i guess.

i no longer use a laptop.

Do You Owe Me Heatware??

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    I can accept that the board may be reporting less voltage then it's actually receiving. However, if every monitoring program is reporting voltage fluctuations under load, I find it hard to believe that this is all lies, damned lies. It's like temp sensors - they aren't precise but they're usually accurate (ie. the temp may not be what is reported, but if it says it's increasing/decreasing it is). That's my main worry - fluctuation (although I'd also like to do something about vdimm).
    Rig specs

I had some time ago this board and can confirm what has been already said - all the monitoring software is completely wrong. What was the case, measured with a DMM - with Dual Core Opteron 170, set 1,60V in BIOS, actual reading 1,64 idle and 1,65 under load, no fluctoations at all (in extremely rare cases I've seen the voltage go up to 1,66 for just half a second or so). Pretty much the same case with all nF4 Ultra / SLI LanPartys. So, just don't bother what the stupid software reads and have in mind that there is a little difference with what you set in BIOS for vCore. As far as for the vDIMM - it's always a little bit overvolted, and a little bit more if you've changed the position of the jumper for 4V, especially if your PSU is a EPS12 one. For better percision, use the extra option "DRAM+ 0,3V if it's not 3,2V"
    €V3A [141-BL-E759-A1] CLASSIFIED | intel [SLBEQ] | G.SKILL [F3-16000CL8T-6GBPS] | XFX [GX-285N-ZDBF] | Western Digital 74GB [WD740ADFD] @ RAID0 | 150GB [WD1500AHFD] | 4,5TB Storage Capacity | SilverStone [OP1000] | Chieftec BA-01 B-B-B | WaterCooled

benching under -100°C "HardCore caScade" by piotres

L-l-look at you, hacker.
    Quote Originally Posted by XpuctoC. View Post
    I had some time ago this board and can confirm what has been already said - all the monitoring software is completely wrong. What was the case, measured with a DMM - with Dual Core Opteron 170, set 1,60V in BIOS, actual reading 1,64 idle and 1,65 under load, no fluctoations at all (in extremely rare cases I've seen the voltage go up to 1,66 for just half a second or so). Pretty much the same case with all nF4 Ultra / SLI LanPartys. So, just don't bother what the stupid software reads and have in mind that there is a little difference with what you set in BIOS for vCore. As far as for the vDIMM - it's always a little bit overvolted, and a little bit more if you've changed the position of the jumper for 4V, especially if your PSU is a EPS12 one. For better percision, use the extra option "DRAM+ 0,3V if it's not 3,2V"
    Right...so the fact that everything I test with shows droop under load isn't a problem? I mean, as I said above, I understand that it may not be reading correctly the exact voltage, but surely if it's registering a change that change will actually exist...
    Rig specs

Xtreme Mentor
    The original post is confused. Very.

The DFI NF4 boards don't have a voltage drop under load.

In fact that have a voltage raise under CPU load that very few people know about because it is after the motherboard voltage sensors. You need a voltmeter on the resistors to see it.

Xtreme Cruncher

Heatware | Abit IP35 Pro | Intel E6750@3.8Ghz 1.56v | Storm R2 | Ballistix DDR2-8500 | Sapphire HD3870 512MB@TBA | MCW60 | WD Raptor 74GB | WD2500KS | OCZ GameXSteam 600w | SoundBlaster Audigy 2 ZS | DT770/80Pro | WinTV PVR-250 | Antec P180 | 7 Yate Loon D12SL-12 | AQ50Z | PA120.2 Custom Painted | BIP GTS 120mm | MasterKleer 7/16 Tubing | VX924 | G15 Keyboard/G5 Mouse/Steelpad QCK+