Thread: Official X-Fi Vista cd ?!?!?!

Xtreme Gaming News

Official X-Fi Vista cd ?!?!?!

I am currently downloading, but I believe this is the solution we have all be looking for.

http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ssage.id=19513

"Received the CD today from my order with Creative UK!

Have installed, and it seems fine. Thought I'd post it up here for all those not able to order it yet (or too impatient to wait for delivery). [Mods - if this isn't allowed then feel free to remove; however, I assume it is because the leaked versions were never removed.]

Disc appears slightly different to leaked version:

'leaked' CD "disc.id" file gives version number as SBXF-SIVIS-W1-LB, official CD says SBXF-SIVIS-W2-LB.
    SmartRec and WaveStudio 7 are now included.

driver version is 2.13.12 - Creative AutoUpdate offers 2.15.0002
    ALchemy (X-Fi Edition) - Creative AutoUpdate offers 1.00.04

Other version numbers:
    MediaSource - 5.10.57
    Entertainment Center - ?
    THX Console - 3.00.12
    Smart Recorder - 2.40.12
    Diagnostics - ?
    Console Launcher - 2.20.16
    Audio Console - ?
    WaveStudio - 7.10.13
    SoundFont Bank Manager - 3.20.06
    3DMIDI Player - 1.10.05
    Volume Panel - 2.10.57
    Sound Blaster Plugin for Microsoft Media Center - 3.10.09
    MediaSource Go! - 5.00.20"

There are many links. This thread is from 6/18/07
    I'm back....

interesting. I just installed vista with X-fi and noticed alot of minor sound issues in Halo 2. But in windows it works great

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    interesting. I just installed vista with X-fi and noticed alot of minor sound issues in Halo 2. But in windows it works great
    Halo 2 is DirectSound no? If that is the case, you probably don't have hardware accelerated audio running the game. Installing Creative Alchemy should restore hardware accel in all DirectSound games. you prolly know all this already, but just in case

That being said, my torrent for this CD leak just finished so I'll install these tonight and see wtf...

Fwiw, I have had basically zero issues with my X-Fi Gamer under Vista x64 excepting some popping and hissing on occasion with certain of the past driver packs.

naked X2 3800+ Toledo LCBIE 0618EPMW ]3020mhz@1.554v]
    TT BigTyphoon
    DFI LP UT NF4 Sli-D - 4/06 BT mod
    PCP&C Silencer 750w

2x1GB Mushkin XP4000 Samsung C-UCCC @253mhz 3,4,3,8 1T @ 2.65v
    eVGA 8800GT 512MB@ 787/1944/2244

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post
    Halo 2 is DirectSound no? If that is the case, you probably don't have hardware accelerated audio running the game. Installing Creative Alchemy should restore hardware accel in all DirectSound games. you prolly know all this already, but just in case
    I had no idea. I tried to keep my distance with vista and creative, waiting for the dust to settle.. but i just had to play halo 2 for pc so I broke down and installed Vista and Halo 2.

Xtreme Cruncher
    I will never buy Creative ever again.
    I have a X-Fi Platinum (the one with 5.25 breakout box).
    Bought it nearly a year ago.

Last month, I started noticing crackling in Vista, with the X-Fi May drivers (latest still). Uninstalled X-Fi drivers, cleaned drivers with guru3d cleaner, and reinstalled in Safe Mode.
    Still crackling like hell, then suddenly, BSODs, specifically with code Stop 124. Scaled back on OC settings, default everything. Still random BSODs, and sometimes the sound card doesn't even get detected by Windows. Have to restart, reseat card, and reboot a dozen times to get sound back.
    Most annoying is that it BSODs in online RTS games, so I can't just "rejoin" and continue on after a reboot.

Windows XP; same problem.
    No drivers; same problem.
    Onboard Asus Realtek sound; no problem at all.

I've been eyeing the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude card, but judging from the looks of the drivers, it looks like the same buggy Creative drivers. It's either that the drivers are inherently flawed, or the design is flawed (crashing PCI bus).

I downloaded the CD from the Filefront site, which is really quick, rather than torrenting it. I've installed it, and still, popping. Same CD, 7zipped, one file.
    http://files.filefront.com//;7821683;;/

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post

That being said, my torrent for this CD leak just finished so I'll install these tonight and see wtf...

Fwiw, I have had basically zero issues with my X-Fi Gamer under Vista x64 excepting some popping and hissing on occasion with certain of the past driver packs.
    I dont think it is directsound, isn't halo2 a vista only game?

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by MaxxxRacer View Post
    I had no idea. I tried to keep my distance with vista and creative, waiting for the dust to settle.. but i just had to play halo 2 for pc so I broke down and installed Vista and Halo 2.
    Same thing was happening to me. I update to latest driver and turned off CMS-3D + SVM and the game worked fine.

Also as this is a recently released game they would have used OpenAL for audio.
    TAMGc5: PhII X4 945, Gigabyte GA-MA790X-UD3P, 2x Kingston PC2-6400 HyperX CL4 2GB, 2x ASUS HD 5770 CUcore Xfire, Razer Barracuda AC1, Win8 Pro x64 (Current)

TAMGc6: AMD FX, Gigabyte GA-xxxx-UDx, 8GB/16GB DDR3, Nvidia 680 GTX, ASUS Xonar, 2x 120/160GB SSD, 1x WD Caviar Black 1TB SATA 6Gb/s, Win8 Pro x64 (Planned)

Xtreme Gaming News
    I installed them (but havent tried any games).

All of the Creative tools that work in XP now work in Vista. So now music doesnt sound like crap
    I'm back....

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by justin_c View Post

Last month, I started noticing crackling in Vista, with the X-Fi May drivers (latest still). Uninstalled X-Fi drivers, cleaned drivers with guru3d cleaner, and reinstalled in Safe Mode.
    Still crackling like hell, then suddenly, BSODs, specifically with code Stop 124. Scaled back on OC settings, default everything. Still random BSODs, and sometimes the sound card doesn't even get detected by Windows. Have to restart, reseat card, and reboot a dozen times to get sound back.
    Most annoying is that it BSODs in online RTS games, so I can't just "rejoin" and continue on after a reboot.

I've been eyeing the Auzentech X-Fi Prelude card, but judging from the looks of the drivers, it looks like the same buggy Creative drivers. It's either that the drivers are inherently flawed, or the design is flawed (crashing PCI bus).

I downloaded the CD from the Filefront site, which is really quick, rather than torrenting it. I've installed it, and still, popping. Same CD, 7zipped, one file.
    http://files.filefront.com//;7821683;;/

well, maybe your x-fi just met one's maker
    it seemed to work until last month, like you said, didn't it?
    1. Asus P5Q-E / Intel Core 2 Quad Q9550 @~3612 MHz (8,5x425) / 2x2GB OCZ Platinum XTC (PC2-8000U, CL5) / EVGA GeForce GTX 570 / Crucial M4 128GB, WD Caviar Blue 640GB, WD Caviar SE16 320GB, WD Caviar SE 160GB / be quiet! Dark Power Pro P7 550W / Thermaltake Tsunami VA3000BWA / LG L227WT / Teufel Concept E Magnum 5.1 // SysProfile

2. Asus A8N-SLI / AMD Athlon 64 4000+ @~2640 MHz (12x220) / 1024 MB Corsair CMX TwinX 3200C2, 2.5-3-3-6 1T / Club3D GeForce 7800GT @463/1120 MHz / Crucial M4 64GB, Hitachi Deskstar 40GB / be quiet! Blackline P5 470W

Xtreme Cruncher
    yeah it started last month. but come on, its not only me, its basically every other x-fi owner. look at CL forums, no technician is even bothering to speak in the threads regarding SCP.

yeah it started last month. but come on, its not only me, its basically every other x-fi owner. look at CL forums, no technician is even bothering to speak in the threads regarding SCP.
    Mine's been working fine since launch?

Your problem seriously sounds like the case of a dead card.
    Quote Originally Posted by Leon2ky
    "dammit kyle what's with the 30 second sex lately?" "Sorry sweetie, I overclocked my nuts and they haven't been stable since"
    Quote Originally Posted by trinibwoy View Post
    I don't think his backside has internet access.
    Quote Originally Posted by n00b 0f l337 View Post
    Hey I just met you
    And this is crazy
    But I'm on bath salts
    And your face looks tasty

Xtreme Cruncher
    fine, ive already been thinking about phoning CL customer support and bashing them and making them give me my money back for this POS card. its not me, ok? its a faulty design generally. enter "x-fi crackling" into google and see "creative scandal", "only applies to nvidia platform" and other "cover their ass" BS.
    http://forums.creative.com/creativel...ssage.id=71962

poor support of drivers
    poor drivers in general
    poor SQ
    the only reason why i bought it is because its the only card thats out for gamers. we'll see after the release of the prelude (which uses x-fi drivers UNFORTUNATELY, hopefully tweaked by auzentech), and the asus xonar.

so in the meantime, im going to try to live through this, and summon up words of anger before i phone CL tech support. im not stupid, i've tried everything. to creative: screw you. when it works, it works fabulously. when it doesnt....

PLUS: its even worse that I have to pay for shipping to get a RMA. same thing with other companies unlike some. Gskill still makes me pay for shipping the 2nd time their d9gkx crapped out on me at stock voltages. and what if the rma doesnt fix it, like many others?
    Last edited by justin_c; 06-23-2007 at 07:33 PM.

Alright I've downloaded the four files (file.001; file.002 etc) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to merge them to become one executable. How do I use 7-Zip, HJSplit, or IzArc to change these files into something I can install on Vista?

Plain simple instructions would be great. Thanks in advance
    2500K@4.9GHz (1.35v) (Swiftech Edge 220 + 3 Scythe SFF21F) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | MSI GTX1660 Ventus XS OC | ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty GEN3 | Silverstone ST1200 | Crucial M4 256GB + 6TB | Thermaltake Level 10 GT | X-Fi Titanium HD + ATH-AD700 | LG BH10LS30 + Pioneer DVR-212 | Samsung BX2440 | G510 + G700 + G25 | Win10 Pro 64 | CyberPower 2200E-GP UPS

Xtreme Addict
    Well recently my Audigy 2 went to in Vista. Crackling in games and such.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Enthusiast
    i use to have a xtreme music and i have never had crackling in games or anything for that matter in vista, i wounder why you guys have so much trouble with them?
    Asus Crosshair III
    Phenom X2 550@X4
    Cooler Master V10
    2x2gb G-SKILL DDR3
    ASUS HD 4890 Top
    Antec 850w
    WD 500gb
    WD 80gb

Xtreme Member
    My auzentech prelude is solid as a rock with the drivers from the retail CD. Winxp x86. About to try again with vista x64.
    Has a very small epeen.

XS_THE_MACHINE
    Quote Originally Posted by OzJustin View Post
    Alright I've downloaded the four files (file.001; file.002 etc) but I can't for the life of me figure out how to merge them to become one executable. How do I use 7-Zip, HJSplit, or IzArc to change these files into something I can install on Vista?

Plain simple instructions would be great. Thanks in advance
    Try WinRAR. If there's such a thing for VISTA. Aren't there instructions on Creative's website?
    Quote Originally Posted by Shintai View Post
    I have a feeling that in 5 years. WD, Seagate etc will be some unknown names.
    (Posted by Shintai, 08-18-2008)

Quote Originally Posted by krille View Post
    Try WinRAR. If there's such a thing for VISTA. Aren't there instructions on Creative's website?
    I couldn't even find the drivers on Creative's Driver section. Search function and layout is pathetic.

Got the four files from here:
    http://forums.creative.com/creativel...cending&page=1
    2500K@4.9GHz (1.35v) (Swiftech Edge 220 + 3 Scythe SFF21F) | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 1600 9-9-9-24 | MSI GTX1660 Ventus XS OC | ASRock Z68 Fatal1ty GEN3 | Silverstone ST1200 | Crucial M4 256GB + 6TB | Thermaltake Level 10 GT | X-Fi Titanium HD + ATH-AD700 | LG BH10LS30 + Pioneer DVR-212 | Samsung BX2440 | G510 + G700 + G25 | Win10 Pro 64 | CyberPower 2200E-GP UPS

Xtreme Member
    does HJSplit work in vista? if so:

start it, click join, find .001 (any file will do tbh), click start and make sure all the files are in the same directory. It should join them together.

RIG:
    M/B = Abit IX38 QuadGT (BIOS 12B02)
    CPU = E2140 @ 3.2Ghz (400x8) 1.325v - Thermalright Ultra 120
    RAM = 4GB Crucial ballistix 6400 4-4-4-12 with 2.1v
    G/C = 2x Club3D HD3870 xFire
    PSU = Enermax Liberty 620 Watt
    Storage = 2x Raptor's 150MB RAID 0 + 250GB Barracuda
    Optical = 2x DVD Writer/combo(SATA)
    Case = SilverStone TJ07
    Monitor = Samsung SyncMaster 226BW

Usefull Links:
    Abit IX38 QuadGT Thread
    IX38 latest Official BIOS - 12

I got the same card. the problem is on the 5.25 front module cable or module itself. bad resistors, bad cable quality- i cant say really.
    here's why:
    If u turn the volume up and move the flat cable that connects the card with th 5.25 module, u ll notice that the static noises change and u ll eventually find the golden spot for the cable to rest. i did that, although after some weeks it started again (probably something moved). i took the 5.25 mod out, and there is no annoying cracking noise anymore.
    although i got no remote control and connections now >:
    By the way, does anyone knows how to make that creative remote control and the creative entertainment center work in vista?
    Last edited by velerephon; 11-23-2007 at 06:38 AM.
    phenomII 955 c2|790fxt-ud5p|ballistix BL12864BA1608.8SFB|xfx gtx 280 xxx