Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Manhunt 2 Banned By British Board of Film Classification

Xtreme Member
    Our reason to drop was to save 1/2 million American lives (not Japanese civilian lives). That military decision didn't have the slightest bit of pity for the Japanese, civilian or not. If you remember, the Administration at the time was foolish enough to set up internment camps, but that's a whole another discussion.

There's a exhibit at a museum in DC that actually read, "How to distinguish between a Chinese and Japanese man" - blatant racism of course, but what do you expect during times of war?
    >> i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz | CM212Plus + P12 | P55-UD3R [BIOS F2] | 4GB G.Skill CL8 | Zotac GTX 580
    .: 4 x 1TB WD | Corsair TX750 | Lian Li PC-A70A | X-Fi | Logitech Z-2300

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gunlance View Post
    Evil is subjective. Your statement about choosing to muder people to save others is EVIL in my eyes. ANYTIME you choose to kill someone, that act to me is evil.

There are groups who think homosexuals are evil. There are other groups that see other races as evil. So are these guys right or wrong?

How high on their high horse does someone have to be to think that their way of thinking is the only right way?

Now to get back to the game. If you can't determine that the game is purely fiction and not to be taken seriously, then you have mroe wrong with you than a mere game. (Not speaking to you specifically, but in general.)
    I don't know if it was Roosevelt or Truman but one of them if not both felt the same. Making that decision was one of the hardest decisions a president has ever had to make and probably the biggest burden to bear there after. I vaguely remember quotes from an old interview of one of the two of them stating something to that effect(History channel junky).

Don't make the act out to be someone cold heartily pressing a button. Never disrespect the people who have to make those decisions.

Back OT...
    This game isn't even that bad. Violence has been glorified and made humorous in movies for a long time. First movie I ever saw was Clue back in the early 80s. That was a family movie and multiple people got shot and stabbed. Guess what? It was Funny. Get over it. The game is made out to be violent and gruesome and age limited because its so violent. Violence is accepted in at least the American society. Yes this is a lot more than the usual network channel action show or traditional 90s movie(Surviving the Game anyone?), but its definitely not out of the ballpark.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JamesAvery22 View Post
    I don't know if it was Roosevelt or Truman but one of them if not both felt the same. Making that decision was one of the hardest decisions a president has ever had to make and probably the biggest burden to bear there after. I vaguely remember quotes from an old interview of one of the two of them stating something to that effect(History channel junky).

Don't make the act out to be someone cold heartily pressing a button. Never disrespect the people who have to make those decisions.
    Pretty sure I didn't write any of that in disrespect. But it wasn't meant to come off that way.
    Codename [GOLIATH] - Lian-Li G70B
    Loop 1 [D-Tek Fuzion - PA120.3 - 3xSan Ace 1011 - DDC2 w/Petra's top] Loop 2 [MCW60 - EK ASUS NB 5 - EK ASUS 4 SB - BI GTX240 - 2xSan Ace 1011- D5]
    ASUS Maximus Formula - 8GB OCZ REAPER DDR2-8500 - Q6600 - EVGA GTX260 core 216 55nm - Silverstone ST75F
    Codename [Black-Dragon] - Lian-Li PC65B
    Loop [Dangerden TDX - BI GT240 Stealth - 2xYate loon SL - D5]
    DFI NF4 Ultra-D - 2GB Teamgroup Croonus(5BF)@260MHZ - Opteron 165 CCBBE0616XPMW@2.88 GHZ- ATI X1900xt - Corsair HX520

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathReborn View Post
    Where to begin... i'll start at the top.

1) There are always people that want to push themselves in entertainment & don't take it into the real life, lets call these people the normal majority. There are always nutcases, fanatics & zealots that take things over the top but that's down to society, not games/films/books.
    Sorry but isn't society the world we live in? The world we live in with MANHUNT?

2) I could scrape you off the pavement after you get a glasgow kiss, doesn't mean I got the idea from a game. Man has been inventing newer & better ways to kill each other since we walked out of the jungle & games have not changed that at all.
    And when did we start playing GAMES with this sorta graphic violence in it, only very recently. Like I said, trying to imagine killing people is one thing....acting it out in a 3Dimensional world is quite another. We can't stop kids thinking about naked women....doesn't mean we just allow 10yr old to buy :banana::banana::banana::banana: now does it?

3) The reason we allow people like Charles Manson & Celebrities to write (or have ghost written) books is freedom of speech & to take that basic human right away from someone is wrong. I personally enjoy reading about the criminal mind, as do many others. DOes that make me a criminal or a "heathen"? No.
    No it's not.....it's for $$$$$$$$$. If the law stated that these freaks ramblings where to be jotted down for the purpose of aleviating their anguish only to burn them afterwards with no-one making any profit.....no publisher would've touched his spiel.

4) So you want nothing to be interactive? In chess you control "characters" to kill others, in role playing games (D&D etc) you control characters with each roll of the die. Should you ban every medium that can portray violence in an interactive form? If that's how you feel go live in Iran or a cave somewhere.
    ROFL....ok we can have a game of chess if you like. I'll go white if you don't mind.....your arterial spray will show better on my pieces after I stab you in the face with a screwdriver whilst suffocating you with the standard issue chess plastic carrier bag

I'd also like to see your BF2/CSS mod that allows you to do anything other than shoot people. Okay comes under the heading VIOLENCE but you can hardly argue it's the same thing as MANHUNT.

5) Teaching your kids right from wrong is fundamental to being a good parent & raising well balanced & well mannered kids. Your primary duty as a parent is to protect & educate your offspring.
    I know that thanQ. I do a very good job of raising my well balanced children...aswell as protect them. Now....say I allow them to play MANHUNT 2. Would you say I was protecting them or not? Or better still, if I bury my head in the sand and expect that since I haven't bought them it personally that they'll never have access to it, would you say I was being responsible?

7) You keep mentioning "pedophiles" as a game, quite simply society as a whole deems that unacceptable & hence it would not see the light of day & anyone involved in it creation would be spending a long time in jail & the rest of their lives on a sex offenders register.
    Society (as a whole) don't deem MURDER and GROTUITOUS VIOLENCE as unacceptable then no? I also worry about your extreme under-estimation of the amount of peadophiles there are on this planet. In the UK alone there is a list running into HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS. Belgian Police had an entire squad of officers dedicated to molesting children....check the archives. The Church even seem to be quite akin to a little molestation.....and if not actively themselves...they'll easily turn a blind eye to it. Then we can go around the world some more......Thailand where anyone with £££$$$$ can buy a child for sex openly in the street in some areas.....and you tell me SOCIETY as a WHOLE find it unacceptable?????? If only my friend...if only

8) Are you saying that there is something wrong with my mind in the fact that violence doesn't bother me? I've seen things that you wouldn't even be able to comprehend, i've shot people, i've been involved in gunfights, bombings & the like but you don't see me killing anybody now do you?
    Hey I don't live in a sterile chamber mate.......I've sat and watched people rot to death from the inside out...right infront of me.....then I've had to clean up the remains afterwards and make them look presentable for their kin. I know quite a lot about death buddy and as I'm sure you'll know....it certainly isn't FUN.

As for your mind....I didn't say you had something wrong with you cause you can watch it......I can watch the intestines of a patient with terminal cancer which have passed with their bowel movement and it doesn't BOTHER me. That doesn't mean I wanna go home and play INTESTINE HUNT now does it? If you LIKE the killing part and find yourself NEEDING to play it, then you'd have something wrong with your brain.
    Last edited by SOLDNER-MOFO64; 06-21-2007 at 03:14 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    Game on hold for now

http://ca.news.yahoo.com/s/reuters/t...wo_manhunt_col

Thanks for common sense!

Laughable quote from the article...

"We continue to stand behind this extraordinary game. We believe in freedom of creative expression, as well as responsible marketing, both of which are essential to our business of making great entertainment,"

This game was "great entertainment"...

Xtreme Member
    i remember playing this game i guess it was just the first manhunt on ps2 and it was the most gory game i ever played and i was sort of young too scared me some when i played at night if this game is released on ps2 like its saying im definatly gonna buy it
    Last edited by whoodiestyle; 06-21-2007 at 08:26 PM.

Xtreme Addict
    I remember playing Silent Hill 2 for the N64 in my basement with the lights out when I was 11, that game scared the sh** outta me

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

3DMark05: 12308
    3DMark03: 25820

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by comment View Post
    Evil and place was moderated in my post ("- until recently -"). Please read it again. Apart from that: Please elaborate on what is absolute in the "mind".

In my view, humans are "meaning machines" trying to make sense of the (social) world that surrounds us. One crucial factor in our interpretation of the (social) world being culture. Culture - like language - cannot be individual entities, by definition.

Give it a try
    I agree, culture is most definetly not an individual. But right and wrong are. At least they can be. What I mean about absolutes in the mind is that every man should have his own set of standards that he lives by. Some of the people I hang around make me sick because they have no standards. I am not saying you should know whether being gay is right or wrong, or violent videogames are right or wrong, im thinking more on principles of life. Such as freedom is right. Because I have the absolute value that freedom is right, I don't have to think about banning a videogame, because i know that it is a violation of freedom, and as a result a violation of my moral code. That's why people without standards upset me, they take everything on a situational basis, which means that everything is subjective.

Let me know if that makes sense.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by NickS View Post
    Cool game
    exactly... IT'S A GAME !
    Lol Dead

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by adfinni View Post
    exactly... IT'S A GAME !
    Yeah like HIDE and PUNCTURE FACE (hide and seek) or PIN THE SCREWDRIVER on the DONKEYS FACE

Wait....you mean like TIG? Ha ha your caught....now I get to stab you?

Maybe you mean like Doctors and Nurses....you know.....I give you a wound that need emergency medical treatment and you try to find a doctor or nurse that can help you before you die?

Are those the kindof GAMES you refer to?

I know the games I play with my kids centre around FUN. I fail to see how stalking people and murdering them in gruesome ways is FUN. Perhaps punching your friend in the eye and blinding him is also FUN no?

I wouldn't mind so much but the majority of twats that wanna play garbage like MANHUNT should really be considering spending some more quality time on that game WORD-HUNT. God knows they could probably do with learning to SPELL rather than having FUN stabbing and killing people.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by SOLDNER-MOFO64 View Post
    I fail to see how stalking people and murdering them in gruesome ways is FUN.
    Your failure to see how this game is fun does not give you the right to tell other people that they can't play it. That's really all it comes down to.

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

Xtreme Member
    This looks so lame for a game.
    FOLD for XS WCG ; or Rodzilla kills a kitten

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJon89 View Post
    Your failure to see how this game is fun does not give you the right to tell other people that they can't play it. That's really all it comes down to.
    Then enlighten me.....explain to me which part of MANHUNT/MANHUNT 2 is FUN?

(A) I've never told anyone they CAN or CAN'T play it.

(B) I said if you DO wan't to play it you've got problems in your head.

Here's a good one for you......

Do you want to play CHILD-HUNTER....the fictional game I spoke of earlier?
    Last edited by SOLDNER-MOFO64; 06-22-2007 at 10:10 AM.

Xtreme Addict
    Then enlighten me.....explain to me which part of MANHUNT/MANHUNT 2 is FUN?

(A) I've never told anyone they CAN or CAN'T play it.

(B) I said if you DO wan't to play it you've got problems in your head.
    (A) Advocating its ban is telling people they can't play it.

(B) Do you have a PhD in psychology?

I have no idea how good the gameplay is on Child-Hunter so I really can't say, but if I did want to play it it's none of your fu**ing business.
    Last edited by HiJon89; 06-22-2007 at 10:14 AM.

File Server:
    Super Micro X8DTi
    2x E5620 2.4Ghz Westmere
    12GB DDR3 ECC Registered
    50GB OCZ Vertex 2
    RocketRaid 3520
    6x 1.5TB RAID5
    Zotac GT 220
    Zippy 600W

Xtreme Member
    If you've ever looked thru an AO catalog you'd be scared by what has already been released.

Child-Hunter no.. but child-molester... i think it was spun off as a vampire thing but still made me sick.
    Rig 1: E6400 @ 3.0Ghz // ASUS P5B-DLX // G.Skill 2GB DDR2 800 @ 4-4-3-4 // Western Digital and Seagate Drives = 1.5TB HDD // eVGA 9600GT KO
    Rig 2: FX-55 @ Stock // MSI nForce 4 Platinum // Mushkin 1GB DDR 400 @ 2.5-3-3 // Western Digital Caviar 160GB // Sapphire X1950PRO

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HiJon89 View Post
    (A) Advocating its ban is telling people they can't play it.

(B) Do you have a PhD in psychology?

It doesn't look like a very good game to me so I probably won't play it. You are obviously not going to play it. So how does this game's existence in any way affect you?
    By affecting society as a whole. Have you got kids? Do you have any idea how impressionable children are? If I set up a youth club and in that youth club installed a pc with MANHUNT on it......how do you think it would be recieved by that hall of young kids? They only need to see Superman 2 and they're trying to fly off filing cabinets and punch through plasterboard walls. I shudder to think what half them would do after a few hours of this crap.

Lets say also that after 3months of it's intall a 15yr old boy gets stabbed in a fight outside the youth club. How on earth do you expect me to stand there and insist it had nothing to do with the fact I allowed them to play MANHUNT?

I dunno if you remember or not, but I saw it on TV a year or two ago about 2 young lads in the States somewhere...(perhaps someone else will remember the exact details)..who sat in woodland next to a freeway. After a small amount of time taking pot shots at cars they decided to go for the kill and shot a man (thru his windscreen) with their dads rifle. The man died instantly from a gunshot to the head I believe and his car crashed causing injury to his wife who was a passenger. These two boys where caught and freely admitted they had been playing another ROCKSTAR game (GTA-VICE CITY) earlier in the day and thought they'de go out and emulate their on-screen activities.

THAT, my friend is how this $H!t impacts on ME and ANYONE else who's sane enough to see the trouble coming.

Try telling that guys WIDOW that it's "JUST A GAME MAN".

I often wonder why there is a NEED for CHILDREN to play GAMES that revolve around KILLING. When I was a child I didn't even think about it.....it NEVER crossed my mind. Killing was done by baddies and they were WRONG for doing so. I've watched Zorro ride in and save the day a million times..lol
    It just seems strange to me that nowadays only KILLING is FUN. Then we moan when people do it later in life
    Last edited by SOLDNER-MOFO64; 06-22-2007 at 10:29 AM.

Xtreme Member
    i am glad you dont play these type of wicked games......
    could turn you into a violent and agressive person.....
    if you are like this without playing the game.............i imagine you after 30 mnts of manhunt

STEELBALLZZ - N3RO - MARTAKIS

ZÉ DO BENCH TEAM

add a volt or two.....

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by steelballzz View Post
    i am glad you dont play these type of wicked games......
    could turn you into a violent and agressive person.....
    if you are like this without playing the game.............i imagine you after 30 mnts of manhunt

Naa mate I just get a bit rattled when simpletons say stupid things. I can clearly tell that guy has no kids and is very likely not much more than a kid himself......hence his naive and glib remarks.

Xtreme Addict
    I'm in complete agreement with SOLDNER-MOFO64 on this one. There's no need to even make games like this for anyone. As far as a total ban, this is the first game in 10 years that's been flat out banned in Ireland, the U.K., etc...

That alone should raise warning flags with people.

Xtreme Cruncher
    If you wanted to play it your a sick, retarded f**k...simple.

Pretty much the same as if you WANT to play MANHUNT2.

C'mon......it's only a game mate...like you said. Tell us all you'd LIKE to play CHILD-HUNTER....remember...it's only a game...what's the harm?

F**K OFF YOU TARD
    Do your beautiful, "well balanced" children know you speak like this?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by mcflurry4321 View Post
    Do your beautiful, "well balanced" children know you speak like this?
    I don't speak to my kids like that.....I only speak to tards like that.

Shame in this whole thread the only part that causes you to post isn't the violent computer game........it's someone's tone?????

Next you'll be telling me my language offends you....but MANHUNT doesn't?

Xtreme Cruncher
    Naa mate I just get a bit rattled when simpletons say stupid things. I can clearly tell that guy has no kids and is very likely not much more than a kid himself......hence his naive and glib remarks.

Shame in this whole thread the only part that causes you to post isn't the violent computer game........it's someone's tone?????

Being a person who is as close-minded and nearsighted as you makes you MUCH more of a "tard" and "simpleton" than most of the other posters in this thread.

Xtreme Member

This game isn't for your kids(or anybodies for that matter). Take that in for a second. Once again this game isn't for your kids. Alright got it?

If you allow your kids to play thats YOUR problem.

What next? You want the only games in the world to be barney paintball and barbie racing just because your kids can't handle more violent games.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    What's wrong with Barney?

I am Xtreme
    No my kids play with your kids and guess what....you'r a stump and allow your kids to play it. Now it's your fault.

Yes, I'd like an influx of games that don't revolve around KILLING. Doesn't mean it has to be BARNEY you complete idiot.
    The point is you are allowed to not let your kid play it. If you are a responsible parent you no doubt would, just as i would. That is your right. What you aren't allowed to do is tell me not to play it. If the game is sick like you say you should depend on humanity to reject the game. You should educate people on morals and speak from sense and reason about why they shouldn't be playing it. It sounds like you are afraid of people actually liking it. If thats the case, then your crusade is already lost. You are not a better judge of right and wrong then anyone else. It might be fun to control other peoples lives, but that doesn't make it right. Subjective judgement is wrong and it's always wrong. The fact that people disagree about how acceptable this game is is exactly the reason it should not be banned. Because people have different values. The least you could do is have a little respect for the freedom of others and a little respect for your own freedom, because like i have said, if you don't like this game, as long as you remain free, no one is ever going to force it upon you.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast