Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: Cryo-Z is NOT cancelled

Xtreme Addict
    The only beef I have is that Europe always comes last... but that isn't just OCZ's doing... every company seems to forget us...

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
    The only beef I have is that Europe always comes last... but that isn't just OCZ's doing... every company seems to forget us...
    well that's arguable

but there's nothing wrong with that approach. They have to test the market and see if the product is viable............what better way to start than going to USA..........

one product they need not test is that carbon based air cooler
    just start selling
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Quote Originally Posted by NightCrawler™ View Post
    That I understand. I remember being pissed when I first heard that the Lian Li 343B was only available in Denmark I think..
    It finally made it to the US and now I get to drool over what I can't afford BUT at least it's available to me!
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    well that's arguable
    Try and get a 2900XT here in the Netherlands... let alone the 1GB version of it...
    but there's nothing wrong with that approach. They have to test the market and see if the product is viable............what better way to start than going to USA..........
    Oddly enough we here in Europe are in the market for new hardware too... it's not like the US represents the wishes and flavors we have here in Europe...

Lian Li V2000+ Modded
    Intel Core I7 920 @ 3.8Ghz 1.325v Thermaltright Ultra 120 Extreme RT1366
    Asus Rampage Extreme 2
    OCZ 3x2GB DDR3 1600 Platinum
    EVGA GTX460 768MB 850/1700/2100Mhz SLi
    EVGA 8800GT SSC 730/1800/2000Mhz
    Corsair HX850W

Xtreme Addict
    Flying through Space, with armoire, Armoire of INVINCIBILATAAAAY!
    Quote Originally Posted by MichelinGuy View Post
    110 volt only? Big deal, you can buy a converter for these kind of things.

Stop crying
    That's a pretty small transformer. I wonder how much current it can handle.
    Sigs are obnoxious.

Xtreme Member
    how much will this costs?? can anyone give me an estimate?? i heard its $200 but too good to be true

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Movieman View Post
    The guys from OCZ work real hard here to help everyone and then I see these cheap shots taken at the company.
    I wonder if the people you are referring to realize there was more being conveyed in their posts then just the negativity they were projecting toward the product.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by californian7856 View Post
    how much will this costs?? can anyone give me an estimate?? i heard its $200 but too good to be true
    They probably will be $300, hopefully. We'll know exactly how much when they soon arrive and go on sale.

$300 is not bad at all if they are reliable, can keep a dual core at/below -20C at 100% loads, and have a Chilly1 evap. I'd buy one.

Xtreme Member
    hell yeah cuz Mach GT and Vapochill r a$$ expansive ... 850 bux ?!?! or $930 after tax? give me a break!! and i heard those sux from the phase section, they said if i build one myself it will be cheaper and perform better, of course i dont know where to get all the tools/material i need

so this is definitely a good news

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by californian7856 View Post
    hell yeah cuz Mach GT and Vapochill r a$$ expansive ... 850 bux ?!?! or $930 after tax? give me a break!! and i heard those sux from the phase section, they said if i build one myself it will be cheaper and perform better, of course i dont know where to get all the tools/material i need

so this is definitely a good news

It will cost you far more than $900 to build one, first of all you will need the qualifications in electrical and refrigeration competencies, then you will have to spend somewhere around $2000 for the correct tools to do the job then there is the time factor in building and testing these units and fault finding problems, if the OCZ units go on sale at the right price then there is a big market for them as this is the next step up for bencher's/gamers who want that bit more from there system rather than using Air or Water setups.

Good luck to OCZ i look forward to seeing these products.

@RTB - I'd imagine anything between 208v and 230v should be able to run a 220v version just fine. All the industrial pumps & motors I deal with here at work are rated anywhere between 208v and 240v, and the electricians say that as long as you are dealing with the same type of phase (either 1 phase or 3 phase) there really won't be any problems running a 208v item on a 240v circuit or a 240v rated item on a 208v circuit. Due to inevitable fluctuations in actual measured line voltage, most all devices that run that high of voltages are designed with a healthy margin of safety.

Now whether or not your country's standard is 60hz or something else entirely could make problems...
    Gigabyte GA-965P-S3 (F7 BIOS)
    Intel E6600 3.6 GHz @ 1.45 vCore
    2GB Crucial Ballistix PC2-6400 (D9GMH)
    ATI X1900XTX @ 762/801
    2x Seagate 320GB RAID 0
    2x WD2500KS
    NEC ND-3550A
    Custom Danger Den watercooling

Xtreme n00berclocker
    I think OCZ knows what they were doing. I think the biggest challenge was getting them in the US(getting all the certifications and meeting all the requirements). If they can keep with the original 400 launch price then 300 in a few months that would be awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by 3oh6
    damn you guys...am i in a three way and didn't know it again
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian y.
    Im exclusively benching ECS from this point forward

Xtreme Addict
    Glad to see it still in the works. I went water but heck if its a nice price and such I wouldn't in using this type of unit.
    -=The Gamer=-
    MSI Z68A-GD65 (G3) | i5 2500k @ 4.5Ghz | 1.3875V | 28C Idle / 65C Load (LinX)
    8Gig G.Skill Ripjaw PC3-12800 9-9-9-24 @ 1600Mhz w/ 1.5V | TR Ultra eXtreme 120 w/ 2 Fans
    Sapphire 7950 VaporX 1150/1500 w/ 1.2V/1.5V | 32C Idle / 64C Load | 2x 128Gig Crucial M4 SSD's
    BitFenix Shinobi Window Case | SilverStone DA750 | Dell 2405FPW 24" Screen
    -=The Server=-
    Synology DS1511+ | Dual Core 1.8Ghz CPU | 30C Idle / 38C Load
    3 Gig PC2-6400 | 3x Samsung F4 2TB Raid5 | 2x Samsung F4 2TB
    Heat

Xtreme Addict
    I have a technical question for you phase cooling gurus out there. Will we still need to use dielectric grease on the CPU pga/bga and in and around the socket at ~minus 20C?

-150c Club Member
    I have a technical question for you phase cooling gurus out there. Will we still need to use dielectric grease on the CPU pga/bga and in and around the socket at ~minus 20C?
    yes

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by xenolith View Post
    That depends is your rooms ambient at less than -20. I didn't think so.

Yes you will.

Xtreme Member
    Tony,
    Thanks for keeping us informed. Good luck with your product!
    Intel Xeon X5650
    ASUS Sabertooth X58
    3 x 2 Gb G.Skill PC3-12800
    MSI GTX 780Ti Gaming 3 Gb
    Seasonic X850

Corsair 750D
    Heatkiller 3.0/D5 & EK Top/Alphacool UT60 240

Xtreme Cruncher
    Will believe it when I see it. This is not the first time we have heard this.

I hope this product actually comes out, but based on the past it still seems dubious to me.

I am Xtreme
    I still see no pictures of the product. one person's word doesn't mean much to me

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

One-Eyed Killing Machine
    Quote Originally Posted by Yoxxy View Post
    Will believe it when I see it. This is not the first time we have heard this.

I hope this product actually comes out, but based on the past it still seems dubious to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by safan80 View Post
    I still see no pictures of the product. one person's word doesn't mean much to me
    Are you aiming at making Tony stop posting here at all ?

He has no reason to lie about working on a product, and stating that it WILL be released when everything's been settled in.

He also told you that he won't post any specs or pics before everything's finalized and they're ready to ship the product to the distribs.

friendly,
    BZ
    Coding 24/7... Limited forums/PMs time.

-Justice isn't blind, Justice is ashamed.

Many thanks to: Sue Wu, Yiwen Lin, Steven Kuo, Crystal Chen, Vivian Lien, Joe Chan, Sascha Krohn, Joe James, Dan Snyder, Amy Deng, Jack Peterson, Hank Peng, Mafalda Cogliani, Olivia Lee, Marta Piccoli, Mike Clements, Alex Ruedinger, Oliver Baltuch, Korinna Dieck, Steffen Eisentein, Francois Piednoel, Tanja Markovic, Cyril Pelupessy (R.I.P. ), Juan J. Guerrero

Xtreme Member
    Looking forward to this products release...

If I may ask... Most cascades and phase have their own power supplies yes? Meaning, one will not be hooking this up to the systems PSU...
    e8400 4.0Ghz Q747A374 - Thermalright Ultima-90 ES - Asus P5K-D (bios 809) - BFG 285 GTX - 4Gb Mushkin Blackline PC8500 - Deck Legend Keyboard - X-fi Platinum w/BeyerDynamic DT-990pro Headset Mod - Silverstone TJ-07 - Antec Quattro 850w - Samsung 275T - OCZ Vertex 120gb + 1TB WD - Windows 7 64bit Pro

"The data on the MiG is inaccurate..."

Xtreme Addict
    Lol tony works for OCZ and says himself that they are shippng 100 units to US and you still don't believe the Cryo-z is not coming?? What do you want him to do? Bring one over to you and slap you round the face with it or something?!?!?!??!
    FX8350 @ 4.0Ghz | 32GB @ DDR3-1200 4-4-4-12 | Asus 990FXA @ 1400Mhz | AMD HD5870 Eyefinity | XFX750W | 6 x 128GB Sandisk Extreme RAID0 @ Aerca 1882ix with 4GB DRAM
    eXceed TJ07 worklog/build

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by eXceededgoku View Post
    Lol tony works for OCZ and says himself that they are shippng 100 units to US and you still don't believe the Cryo-z is not coming?? What do you want him to do? Bring one over to you and slap you round the face with it or something?!?!?!??!
    lol I just want a picture of it just to show that exists.
    this thread reminds me of the penryn working on the 680i thread all talk and no pictures.

Asus Z9PE-D8 WS with 64GB of registered ECC ram.|Dell 30" LCD 3008wfp:7970 video card

LSI series raid controller
    SSDs: Crucial C300 256GB
    Standard drives: Seagate ST32000641AS & WD 1TB black
    OSes: Linux and Windows x64

V3 Xeons coming soon!
    Gee, why hedge.
    Why don't you just come out and call Tony and all of OCZ a liar and get it over with.
    You must lead the perfect life where everything is planned perfect, nothing ever out of place, just absolute perfection.
    If not you'd be a hypocrite for making comments like this.
    My departed father used to say "If you haven't got something positive or pleasant to say, maybe you shouldn't say anything at all."
    Think about that before you go slandering peoples names.
    Crunch with us, the XS WCG team
    The XS WCG team needs your support.
    A good project with good goals.
    Come join us,get that warm fuzzy feeling that you've done something good for mankind.

Quote Originally Posted by Frisch View Post
    If you have lost faith in humanity, then hold a newborn in your hands.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    lol I just want a picture of it just to show that exists.
    this thread reminds me of the penryn working on the 680i thread all talk and no pictures.
    http://www.thinkcomputers.org/photo/...to=203&cat=526

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast