2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthBeavis View Post
    my wife says small tubing works well but she won't admit she like bigger better cause she knows it just is not available
    Uh, these are the XtremeSystems forums. I think you might be lost. Here's a link back to where your post might be better received.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by Cathar View Post
    Uh, these are the XtremeSystems forums. I think you might be lost. Here's a link back to where your post might be better received.
    thats great

Banned
    lolz

I am Xtreme
    Sorry, 4 oz of Jager does it . . .

I am Xtreme
    Damn those are some xtreme systems thar . . .

Banned

Xtreme Cruncher
    Quote Originally Posted by Top Nurse View Post
    750W Thermaltake Modular PSU
    DFI UT X58-T3eH8
    Core i7 920 @ 20 X 200 1.325V
    CORSAIR XMS3 DHX 4GB (2 x 2GB) DDR3 1600
    768 MB EVGA 8800GTX
    1 X 36GB WD Raptor
    2 X 150GB WD RAPTORS
    1 X SpinPoint P Series SP2504C 250GB
    1 X Maxtor 6L300S0 300GB
    16 X NEC DVD Burner
    7 120mm Yate Loon LED Intake Fan
    4 120MM Yate Loon Exhaust Fan
    28" HANNSPREE Monitor

Watercooling Loop:

1 X PA120.3
    1 X PA120.2
    2 X Laing DDC's w/EK-DDC Dual Turbo Top
    7 X Yate Loon Blue LED Intake Fans
    4 X Yate Loon Blue LED Exhaust Fans
    1 X Swiftech GTZ
    1 X GPU EK Fullcover Waterblock
    1 X XSPC Dual Bay Reservoir 5.25" with Bubble Window

Xtreme Member
    doesn't it just make you wonder what cathar does when not posting here...
    after the PSU i'm planning on watercooling the ball bearings in the fans...

Banned
    romance?

OC Jedi (on stand-by)
    Excellent info in this thread!
    Took me a while to ream through it, but wsa definately worth it.

Nice to see that the 8/10mm we are using in Germany for ages are not as bad as we think.
    オタク
    "Perfection is a state you should always try to attain, yet one you can never reach." - me =)

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by elfy View Post
    doesn't it just make you wonder what cathar does when not posting here...
    Racing => Hospital => Pain pills => Physical Therapy => Typing on forums => Pain pills => Racing.

Hamster Powered
    Racing => Hospital => Pain pills => Physical Therapy => Typing on forums => Pain pills => Racing.
    You forgot the most important one...spending quality time with his kids.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Fr3ak View Post
    Nice to see that the 8/10mm we are using in Germany for ages are not as bad as we think.
    Today it's not that bad due to improvements in the rest of the water cooling equipment, but it was bad before.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by BRiT View Post
    Today it's not that bad due to improvements in the rest of the water cooling equipment, but it was bad before.
    QFT
    For the record I am not sick, nor am I a gamer, nor am I a sick gamer. That name just sounds really cool to me but dont put me under that stereotype at all.

nevermind... addicted to COD4 and Free Online Games baby!

Xtreme Cruncher
    This might be a bit off topic, but does anybody have thoughts on 5/16" ID NALGENE tubing? I haven't found 5/16" ID Masterkleer or Tygon, but I've found Nalgene tubing in town. By the way, the stuff I found is 5/16" ID 1/8" Wall 9/16" OD. Almost as large as the Masterkleer. Of course, just holding it here, no Smartcoils and no liquid inside, it's definitely making the one-inch bend radius using my hands.
    Last edited by MotF Bane; 06-22-2007 at 11:02 AM. Reason: Adding information

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MotF Bane View Post
    This might be a bit off topic, but does anybody have thoughts on 5/16" ID NALGENE tubing? I haven't found 5/16" ID Masterkleer or Tygon, but I've found Nalgene tubing in town. By the way, the stuff I found is 5/16" ID 1/8" Wall 9/16" OD. Almost as large as the Masterkleer. Of course, just holding it here, no Smartcoils and no liquid inside, it's definitely making the one-inch bend radius using my hands.
    I think that Gabe mentioned this recently. Why not do a search for posts on his name?

Xtreme Cruncher
    I think that Gabe mentioned this recently. Why not do a search for posts on his name?
    He mentioned Norprene, not Nalgene. Also, Nalgene is PVC, he keeps mentioning polyethylene.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MotF Bane View Post
    He mentioned Norprene, not Nalgene. Also, Nalgene is PVC, he keeps mentioning polyethylene.
    Sorry.

Xtreme Legend
    Okay, so we accept that the suction side of the pump is a bad place to be installing a quick-fitting. I'm assuming that this is where the bulk (all?) leaks occur?

Would a viable solution be to plumb all positive pressure routes in the system with quick-fits, and the final section into the pump which is subject to negative pressure with regular barbs?

Would that provide an amenable work-around? Pumps do like to have minimal restriction leading into them too, so a system that was all 3/8", but for the final run into the pump, use a 1/2" ID tubing section over barbs there.

Just thinking along he lines of horses for courses. Use quick-fits where it's suitable to use them, and use barbs for the small sections where they are more appropriate.
    Last edited by Cathar; 06-23-2007 at 03:49 PM.

Banned
    Never seen a leak there before, but the elbow push-fits I use are the rotating style so you can point it in the direction you want. Not to be confused with the ones that are used in industrial robots that move constantly. But I also would probably put the pump somewhere else next time where it isn't so close to the case walls after what I have read here just to see if there was a difference.

If the pump is pumping constantly and there is no air in the system why would it matter about the size going into the pump?

Mr Swiftech
    Okay, so we accept that the suction side of the pump is a bad place to be installing a quick-fitting. I'm assuming that this is where the bulk (all?) leaks occur?

Would a viable solution be to plumb all positive pressure routes in the system with quick-fits, and the final section into the pump which is subject to negative pressure with regular barbs?

Would that provide an amenable work-around? Pumps do like to have minimal restriction leading into them too, so a system that was all 3/8", but for the final run into the pump, use a 1/2" ID tubing section over barbs there.

That's similar to the setup I had in QPower cases using a long 1/2" tube from res. to MCP600 pump inlet, and a short 1/2 to 3/8 reduction at the pump outlet feeding the blocks (with built-in QC fittings) and what have you.

similar to this, but with the res instead of the fill-and-bleed:

http://www.swiftech.com/assets/image...lic630x590.jpg

except that you'd still have to work a little more on the return section (CPU or Rad to Res)
    Last edited by gabe; 06-23-2007 at 11:51 AM.
    CEO Swiftech

Quote Originally Posted by _G_ View Post
    when you mention low pressure does that include the vacuum that forms on the suction side of a powerful pump?
    With the amount of headpressure pumps have, I don't think there's actually a vacuum at the suction side of a pump. All the pump does, is overcome a pressure difference. The actual lowest pressure (at the suction side of a pump) might still be 2 ft (just an assumption). (if pressure would be 0 ft at suction side, the thing won't work)

This ofcourse doesn't mean that push fittings at these locations are ok to use, I'm only wondering at what amount of head pressure it's not wise to use push fittings anymore.
    Is 2 ft too low, is 5 ft good enough? The head pressure will drop as soon as it leaves the pump, maybe it's not wise to use push fittings when it reaches the second block in the loop.
    Experience (of others) says they do work though, and sometimes they leak.

Xtreme Legend
    Quote Originally Posted by spookmineer View Post
    With the amount of headpressure pumps have, I don't think there's actually a vacuum at the suction side of a pump.
    Ok, if we're being pedantic, there's pressure that is less than atmospheric pressure before the pump inlet, causing the atmosphere to push in and attempt to crush the tubing.

There have been numerous posts from various people where they've shown that with soft-walled tubing, all you need to do is to slightly restrict the run into the pump inlet and the tubing will collapse. Sticking a restrictive block before the pump inlet will achieve the same effect.

If you don't believe me, I'll set up a test and video it in effect for you, using a DDC-2. Believe me, it happens.

Hamster Powered
    When my Storm rev2 became partially clogged the 7/16"id x 5/8"od Tygon R-3603 tubing at the DDC-2 inlet started showing signs of reduced diameter. I cleaned the block and then put 1/2"id Tygon R-3603 between the Micro-Res and the pump inlet. I mentioned this occurence to nikhsub1.

Edit: Old Timer's was kickin in again...DDC-2
    Last edited by SiGfever; 06-24-2007 at 05:05 AM.
    XSWCG Disclaimer:
    We are not responsible for the large sums of money that you WILL want to spend to upgrade and add additional equipment. This is an addiction and the forum takes no responsibility morally or financially for the equipment and therapy cost. Thank you and have a great day.

Sigmund Freud said... "Failure to CRUNCH is a sign of Sexual Inadequacies".

Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 891011121314 LastLast