Thread: BSEL mods for Celeron? (Cedar Mill and Prescott)

BSEL mods for Celeron? (Cedar Mill and Prescott)

I've got a Cel 3.2 (Cedar Mill) that'll do almost 5GHz on stock volts and a 2.53 (Prescott) that does 3.8 also on stock, but only Intel and VIA boards that won't let me OC for squat. I can never keep track of which pin is BSEL0/1/2, and especially whether I'm looking at a CPU-view or a socket-view. Can anyone help me out with which pins to solder/trace together to get from a 533FSB to an 800FSB?
    You don't need a sig to impress people. The ones who impress that easily aren't worth the effort- and the ones who don't, won't care either way.

You have to dig through documentation on Intel's website. Do searches like "Pentium 4 .065 process". It'll take a while but all you want is there. You want datasheets, which will be PDFs of around 100 pages each.

Unfortunately pinmods are much more difficult with LGA sockets since you can't drop wires into sockets to make connections. I've heard of them still being done though. Around a week ago someone did a 1333fsb on a Dell. I think he explained how he did it too, so you'll want to find that thread. It wasn't on XS but there may be a link to it here somewhere.

Things to know:

To get a pin to be 0, ground it.
    To get a 1, hook it up to VCC. In the past people cut pins. This technically doesn't change the signal to 1, but is instead simply no signal at all (not the same as 0) which in 478 sockets would often be interpreted as a 1. Cutting is risky, and might not work for 775 sockets.

Quote Originally Posted by Khenglish View Post
    You have to dig through documentation on Intel's website. Do searches like "Pentium 4 .065 process". It'll take a while but all you want is there. You want datasheets, which will be PDFs of around 100 pages each.

Unfortunately pinmods are much more difficult with LGA sockets since you can't drop wires into sockets to make connections. I've heard of them still being done though. Around a week ago someone did a 1333fsb on a Dell. I think he explained how he did it too, so you'll want to find that thread. It wasn't on XS but there may be a link to it here somewhere.

Things to know:

To get a pin to be 0, ground it.
    To get a 1, hook it up to VCC. In the past people cut pins. This technically doesn't change the signal to 1, but is instead simply no signal at all (not the same as 0) which in 478 sockets would often be interpreted as a 1. Cutting is risky, and might not work for 775 sockets.
    I know about Intel's documentation, I just can't keep track of which views are top-down and whch ones are bottom-up. BTW, no cutting on s775 AFAIK- I use tape to isolate the contact poins and windshield defogger paint to connect them.

(Connecting to VCC also doesn't necessarily work- you may get a no-post situation. You're better off physically taping off the contact points.)
    You don't need a sig to impress people. The ones who impress that easily aren't worth the effort- and the ones who don't, won't care either way.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by MAValpha View Post
    I just can't keep track of which views are top-down and whch ones are bottom-up.
    they are all buttoms up that i have seen
    "These are the rules. Everybody fights, nobody quits. If you don't do your job I'll kill you myself.
    Welcome to the Roughnecks"

"Anytime you think I'm being too rough, anytime you think I'm being too tough, anytime you miss-your-mommy, QUIT!
    You sign your 1248, you get your gear, and you take a stroll down washout lane. Do you get me?"

Heat Ebay Feedback