Thread: Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz

What make the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor so good or why does it cost so Much $$$$$
    I got one free so I run it ...I havent over clocked it or done anything much with it But it is fast ..Befor I over clock it I need better ram ..Any way what makes it so great ?????

Xtreme Mentor
    You got one free?
    [SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Xtreme Cruncher
    It was the top of the line C2D for a while.

The "Extreme" chips also usually have unlocked multipliers which makes for more overclocking options.
    Join the XtremeSystems WCG crunching team!
    Register and download the program here.
    Choose the "BOINC" version when prompted then install.
    Questions? Click here or here.
    It's for great causes like CURING CANCER, MS, AIDS, and other stuff you should hope you never get.
    Plus it's the best system stability test ever invented!

yea I got one free

I am Xtreme
    It has an unlocked multiplier which gives you free range for overclocking as where other chips only let you have a limited range of settings to use.

Also what makes "it so great" is its stock speed as where other chips only get up to like 2.4, 2.6. The X6800 is almost @ 3Ghz which @ one time was considered an awsome achievment.

Now with 4 and 5 GHz being the new king of the hill, and hte new craze being Quad cores.

You have a respectable chip, learn how to OC it and all will be good. I have one as well, though I have two quads, they don't OC as well as the X6800 which is what I use for gaming. With the right cooling and over clock I can hit 4ghz with this chip.

Hey guys, don't be so hard on him yet, hell I bought my chip for 300 off another XSr, so its possible he could have gotten his free, we hope legally.

[IMG][/IMG]

this what I have for the person who said I dont have one.. I have a friend that has a computer store(the site is discountelectronics.com) they are here in Austin Texas I do his heating and AC and we make trades for it so I guess it wasnt free but I got it ... I might sale to get a Q/C...I think some people are just mad cause they had to speed $$$$$$ to buil there Pc Me I have about 200 in mine (for the fans and M/B) ....
    Last edited by famekilla; 09-22-2007 at 06:49 AM.

I am Xtreme
    To honest, a pic of you holding the chip is the kind of credibility that carries weight here, not to say you don't have one, but on XS we only accept hard evidence because it is to easy to just post anything.

But if I were you, I would not really worry about one person questioning your claim because if its a false claim in due time the truth will come out if that is the case.

In the mean time, do your home work on the chip and other hardware you have to learn about over clocking it if oyu want to push it.

I say as long as you have decent cooling, go for it.

I am Xtreme
    Well you might have got a beast mate put some decent cooling on it and it might fly !!!
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree

no sleep, always tired TheGoat Eater's Avatar
    one my mistake saying qx6800 i jumbled it in my head - I got issues man LOL - but seriously with a piece of hardware like that one usually knows what make an extreme edition worth the cheese err... cash. and as being mad that I have to spend money to upgrade- I don't foot the bill the family business does as I am there online sales rep and I get an allowance to upgrade as I work from home so I have A LOT of free time to tinker on my rig and think I have proven myself in the OC arena w/ a limited funds setup - ie: no D-ICE or LN2 though I do have H20 cooling now (getting my feet wet LOL). Sorry for the but you asked why it is so good when even a google search would have told you whats up w/ that processor.

But have fun with the x6800 and let that sucker fly

I'm sorry if I caused you stress ()

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Quote Originally Posted by famekilla View Post
    What make the Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz 4M shared L2 Cache LGA 775 Processor so good or why does it cost so Much $$$$$
    I got one free so I run it ...I havent over clocked it or done anything much with it But it is fast ..Befor I over clock it I need better ram ..Any way what makes it so great ?????
    Well.... What makes that chip so great is you got it for FREE!!

Now you can pour all kinds of money in the rest of your setup. That's sweet.
    i5 2500K @ 4.7ghz 1.32v(+.010 offset LLC set to 4) / ASRock P67 Extreme4 (B3) / 2x4gb Samsung Green MV-3V4G3D @ 1866mhz 1.35v / AMD HD 6850 1gb /2x150gb Velociraptor Raid 0 + 500gb WD Green / Corsair TX 750watt V2

Thanx man he is getting me XFX 8800 ULTRA Next week or so (I have to pay for some of it) Also need some better Ram

The reason I asked about the X6800 is I built a few computers but never really got into the O/C but now I have been looking into it ...But I want to do it right so I have been doing lots of reading and reading then a lil more reading to make sure its done right ...That is why I was asken about this chip...This is what I have gotton so far

Intel Core 2 Extreme X6800 Conroe 2.93GHz
    GIGABYTE GA-965P-DQ6 (rev 1.0)
    Thermaltake ToughPower 750w (Cable Management)
    XFX 8600gts 256 (I know its for sale so I can pay for my 8800)
    2gig x 2 DDR2 667( its off brand thats why geting new Ram for sale also )
    Case ANTEC 900
    CPU Fan Zalman CNPS9700 LED CPU Cooler (I think I paid for the Name what should I get ? )
    2 x 200gig sata 7200 Rpm H/D

Anyway what should I upgrade a looking for the best bang for my $$$$$ any help would be great

Thanx for everything
    Last edited by famekilla; 09-22-2007 at 10:59 PM.

bump it to the top

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Why bump ?
    You need more answers ?

It's a great chip, but the E6850 outperforms it.

Dell XPS M1730 - X9000 @ 3400mhz-4096MB 667MHz DDR2 - M8800GTX SLI- 17"WUXGA+
    EVGA E762 4Way SLI Classified - 980X @ 6Ghz Lnē 6GB Dominator - MSI 5870 Lightning

WWW.MADSHRIMPS.BE - Being Mad Doesn't Hertz You

Xtreme Enthusiast
    sell the x6800 and get yourself a q6600... imho
    Q6600 L723A (400 x9)
    Evga 780i P02
    G.skill 8 GB
    Evga GTX 280
    Raptor X (3) 150's Raid 0
    Targen BZ 1100w
    Thermalright Ultra Extreme 120
    Vista Ultimate x64
    Xclio

I am Xtreme
    Sell XS6800 get ( you will get around or even more than 400 dollars for it ) get an Q6600 overclocks easily to @3Ghz on your mobo = you got some free cash to put into the 8800GTX or an 2900XT...
    Last edited by Leeghoofd; 09-25-2007 at 03:09 AM.
    Question : Why do some overclockers switch into d*ckmode when money is involved

Remark : They call me Pro Asus Saaya yupp, I agree