24 6.50%
  • 1920 X 1440

3 0.81%
  • 2048 X 1536

9 2.44%
  • more .....

14 3.79%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345

Thread: What is the suitable image size for the forum ?

There is no point in instating a rule because no one will follow it. If you put a 56K warning then go as big as you like (within reason of course) so long as your not hosting it on the XS server.

But if you dont put a 56k warning and its just screenshots of stuff that doesnt need to be big then someone should report it.

I've had a few pics where I put them up as 3200x2400 because someone wanted the full size pic (from my camera) but generally I try to keep the width below 1000 unless its a screenshot that looks jacked up if I shrink it. (Although now my screenshots will be 1920x1200 so i will have to crop)

For all of you disagreeing with Vapor, he knows what he is talking about. You have to look at the bigger picture here and understand how most users respond to nitpicking forum rules. The Sig size is a perfect example. half the users on the forum violate the sig size rule. We have to police every violation one by one. The same would hold true to a picture size rule.
    Last edited by MaxxxRacer; 07-25-2007 at 12:01 AM.

Egyptian OverClocker
    don't mean to be rude but what about the idea of installing a patch that will autoresize the image and link to the original size in another link
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Royal Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT View Post
    don't mean to be rude but what about the idea of installing a patch that will autoresize the image and link to the original size in another link
    Is it that serious? I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?

XIP - can sit on his hair
    Convince the members who are posting the images

A rule on this will cause many more problems than its worth.
    If using the autoresize / thumbnailer plugins for vbulletin then a rule isn't needed - the forum will do it itself, and on clicking the thumbnail, the fullsized pic as originally posted would be shown... by all means, disregard making a max-size rule - agree entirely on the reasons why, but to ignore the plugins available is foolish...

Egyptian OverClocker
    Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    Is it that serious? I don't mean to be rude, but why are you here?

sorry but i don't udnerstand ur comment

Quote Originally Posted by Marci View Post
    If using the autoresize / thumbnailer plugins for vbulletin then a rule isn't needed - the forum will do it itself, and on clicking the thumbnail, the fullsized pic as originally posted would be shown... by all means, disregard making a max-size rule - agree entirely on the reasons why, but to ignore the plugins available is foolish...
    yes exactly, this thread was not about making a rule which will be very hard for members to follow and will add more load on the mods/admins

and as it is clear in my previous reply i am only hoping for adding the plugins to do so
    Soon to be :
    ASUS P8P67 Deluxe, Intel SB i7-2600k, G.Skill Rj-X F3-12800CL6D-4GBXH, MSI HD6950 2GB, Corsair 750AX, Intel 80GB G2 SSD, DELL U2410

Used to be: SaFrOuT

Royal Administrator
    Quote Originally Posted by SaFrOuT View Post
    sorry but i don't udnerstand ur comment
    I am not against your thread. I agree with you that we should vote the appropriate image size for this forum. But when I see an image that is over 1600x1200 pixel, I usually send a PM to that poster to reduce the image. The poster will listen. That is not hard to do so.

And what I meant is that you are here for some reasons, not because of this. Five pages of this thread already, and they are not doing anything about it, so get over it.

@Ashraf

Quote Originally Posted by Ashraf View Post
    I am not against your thread. I agree with you that we should vote the appropriate image size for this forum. But when I see an image that is over 1600x1200 pixel, I usually send a PM to that poster to reduce the image. The poster will listen. That is not hard to do so.

And what I meant is that you are here for some reasons, not because of this. Five pages of this thread already, and they are not doing anything about it, so get over it.
    Perhaps an officiall rule banning large images is not necessary... as long as there is a consus and understanding among members that some people have a very much slower connection or even a very much smaller display screen to work with...

I'm a member of DivX Stage6 and they use a 640 (width) thumbnail for externally hosted pics and it still looks great...
    I discovered, while updating my blog (delacroix_p... unfortunately, no dream machine computer pics) that all the pics are loaded simultaneously (ie, in a single thread) and completely before they are resized... this can be time-consuming, annoing and counter-productive...
    Eventhough I only have 8 pics, some are over 5 megapixels and alltogether they add up to about 10 MB... the load times can be a bit slow for new visitors...
    I, therefore, decided to create my own 640 thumbnails in photoshop and also at a lower quality level (ie 8, instead of 10 or 12)...

Loads are now pretty snappy and loading possibly only 1, super-hi-res image, is pretty painless...

Teamwork, in the persute of a common goal does work...

Pascal
    Last edited by delacroixp; 07-27-2007 at 07:21 AM. Reason: quote

Admin
    I don't think XS will ever have a vB hack. From what I know, FUGGER isn't a big fan of them.

Also, anybody running a screen less than 1280x1024 can't run 3D06....hmmmmm

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Vapor View Post
    I don't think XS will ever have a vB hack. From what I know, FUGGER isn't a big fan of them.

Also, anybody running a screen less than 1280x1024 can't run 3D06....hmmmmm
    Haha, yup .
    Core i3-550 Clarkdale @ 4.2GHz, 1.36v (Corsair A50 HS/F) LinX Stable
    MSI H55-GD65 Motherboard
    G.Skill 4GBRL DDR3-1600 @ 1755, CL9, 1.55v
    Sapphire Radeon 5750 1GB
    Samsung F4 320GB - WD Green 1TB
    Xigmatek Utgard Case - Corsair VX550

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345