Page 62 of 313 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast
Results 1,526 to 1,550 of 7801

Thread: **Official ABIT IP-35 Pro Review/Overclock/Guide Thread**

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by Ace-a-Rue View Post
    are you using the intel controller?

might want to try having the "inf" drivers on a floppy just in case but as far as i know, vista should be able to install when using the "IDE" mode...are you sure your drive is showing up?
    The hard drives are on the first and second SATA port. If that means anything. SATA DVD drive is on the 4 port.

Yes the drives do show up, and I will try to install the drivers.

Edit: Is it a must to use a floppy or slipstream if I want to install Intel raid drivers? I can't use a USB drive or CD?
    Last edited by Knight; 08-17-2007 at 08:11 PM.
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Intel i7 3770k
    ░░░░░░▄▄▄▄▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▀▄▄▄▄▄▄░░░░░░░░░ ASUS GTX680
    ░░░░░░█░░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒▒░░▀▀▄░░░░░ ASUS Maximun V Gene
    ░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒▒░░░░░░░░▒▒▒░░█░░░░ Mushkin 8GB Blackline
    ░░░░█░░░░░░▄██▀▄▄░░░░░▄▄▄░░░█░░░░ Crucial M4 256GB
    ░░░▀▒▄▄▄▒░█▀▀▀▀▄▄█░░░██▄▄█░░░█░░░ Hitachi Deskstar 2TB x2
    ░░█▒█▒▄░▀▄▄▄▀░░░░░░░░█░░░▒▒▒▒▒█░░ FSP 750W Gold
    ░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░░ Fractal Arc Mini

I am Xtreme
    are you using two user names?..reason i ask is that i posted my comments to TadehI....

yes, you will need a floppy if you want to make it into a raid array...that is what baffles me...raid, yes you need drivers on a floppy or usb thumb-drive but not for a single IDE install...UNLESS...you are using the Jmicron controller.

oh, oh!..just thought of something...make sure you have disabled the Jmicron controller if you are not using it..it could be interferring with the Intel contoller.

BTW, what bios are you using?
    BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 UNOFFICIAL THREAD

BIOSTAR TPOWER BOLT MOD FOR HEATPIPE AND HEATSINK

BIOSTAR TPOWER I45 BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

ABIT IP35 PRO HEATPIPE MOD

ABIT IP35 PRO BIOS FLASHING PROCEDURE

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Quote Originally Posted by AstroCreep View Post
    See, that's why I'm avoiding DFI right now; because I don't know the full story. If I did I would either say "Grab a DFI board" () or "Boycott DFI" ().
    The Fact of the matter with D.F.I/DFI-STREET is simple Travis Hill is a complete D!CK Wad and A$$hole and a arrogant Jerk Off and his work isn't that good to begin with! The only thing that made DFI-STREET good was the end user participation and it was dedicated excluseivly to D.F.I boards but Travis went out of his way to ruin it for people if they didn't have their tongue up his ass and agree with every thing that he said because intelectually he cannot compete with people that are not above 16-22 in short he's a A$$HOLE
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    12GB - Crucial ECC DDR3 1333
    Intel 520 180GB Cherryville
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by JPxM0Dz View Post
    I havn't tried a Quad as of yet, was going to grab one before I got my E6850 G0, opted for it cuz I wanted to crack 4Ghz + , not easily done with a Quad

curious, does your 4+ Ghz capable E6850 do orthos for 30 minutes or so...i don't believe in power orthos or prime 95 for 6, 8 or 12 hours...i want to know if you can do 5, 10, 20 or 30 minutes!

IP35 Pro: 9650@4000Mhz, par overclocker; Freezone Elite; 4Gb GSkill DDR-800@DDR-1068 (2 x 2gb); XFX 8800 GTS; Areca 8X PCIe in Raid 0 working at 4x speed; 4-250 Gb (single platter) 7200.10 drives; Giga 3DAurora case with side window.

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Brother Esau View Post
    The Fact of the matter with D.F.I/DFI-STREET is simple Travis Hill is a complete D!CK Wad and A$$hole and a arrogant Jerk Off and his work isn't that good to begin with! The only thing that made DFI-STREET good was the end user participation and it was dedicated excluseivly to D.F.I boards but Travis went out of his way to ruin it for people if they didn't have their tongue up his ass and agree with every thing that he said because intelectually he cannot compete with people that are not above 16-22 in short he's a A$$HOLE
    OH...sounds like you should be in this XS thread area with this: Speak Freely

did you know of "Rgone" over in DFI-Street?

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    Where are my settings Ace? Cmon dude help a guy out and get me started. I just read through this entire thread and as it seems you really don't get any kind of referrence to some settings in Bios until around page 32...WTF? I am still not certain of crucial things that I need to know and that important I have a safe reference point seeing how I have $2000.00 or better tied up just in my storage...help a brother out please! thats my little cheering section for you
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620
    Areca 1231ML ~ 2~ 250GB Seagate ES.2 ~ Raid 0 ~ 4~ Hitachi 5K3000 2TB ~ Raid 6 ~

Xtreme Addict
    are you using two user names?..reason i ask is that i posted my comments to TadehI....

yes, you will need a floppy if you want to make it into a raid array...that is what baffles me...raid, yes you need drivers on a floppy or usb thumb-drive but not for a single IDE install...UNLESS...you are using the Jmicron controller.

oh, oh!..just thought of something...make sure you have disabled the Jmicron controller if you are not using it..it could be interferring with the Intel contoller.

BTW, what bios are you using?
    Sorry I have two PC's and only one keyboard. I had to use my brother's laptop. I forgot to change the login.

Sorry

I will try to run a RAID setup with the two drives. I will also make sure that I did disable the Jmicron controller. (I thought I did already)

I am using the release BIOS right now. I will try the release 11 BIOS soon. (tonight maybe)

Thanks.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    OH...sounds like you should be in this XS thread area with this: Speak Freely

did you know of "Rgone" over in DFI-Street?

Yes I know Robert (R-Gone) quite well and I respect him very much and Robert is a very nice man which I have nothing but love and respect for and I have absolutely no problem with Robert "never did" but lets just say I went through allot of work lining up Silverstone for Travis and David Hammock and they screwed me (which is putting it nicely!)
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

I am Xtreme
    yes...upgrade the bios before trying again

I am Xtreme
    Yes I know Robert (R-Gone) quite well and I respect him very much and Robert is a very nice man which I have nothing but love and respect for and I have absolutely no problem with Robert "never did" but lets just say I went through allot of work lining up Silverstone for Travis and David Hammock and they screwed me (which is putting it nicely!)

Rgone and i were buds until i thought he was lying or, at least, defending another guy with a doctored bench...once i find out that someone is lying to me, i want nothing to do with that person...we communicated regularly by email with about 5 others...NO MORE!
    Last edited by Ace-a-Rue; 08-17-2007 at 09:07 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Where are my settings Ace? Cmon dude help a guy out and get me started. I just read through this entire thread and as it seems you really don't get any kind of referrence to some settings in Bios until around page 32...WTF? I am still not certain of crucial things that I need to know and that important I have a safe reference point seeing how I have $2000.00 or better tied up just in my storage...help a brother out please! thats my little cheering section for you
    what will be your specs?

what overclock do you want to reach?

need those answers before you get anything

Xtreme Addict
    yes...upgrade the bios before trying again
    I used that tool on the first page to make my flash drive bootable. (cool tool)

Should I just extract the id:11 BIOS onto the the flash drive?
    Do I need to use the steps that you wrote on page 16? (about boot block and /py /sn /WB /cd /cp /cc /CKS)

Thanks

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    My specs are listed in sig allready! A possible explanation of what not to set to high and some pointers lets say starting off at 3.1-3.2ghz and a little bit of info on say these settings will do you until about this high above that you need to focus on this that the other thing . I mean I will learn as I go and I don't want you to O.C my rig for me and all just some pointers so I do not do any damage to Raid Controller and what not. I ask you because you have a Q6600 and a Areca Card

I want to see what this Q6600 has to give seeing how ultimately I will keep it at 3.4ghz but I do want to play with my new stuff I am sure you understand
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

I am Xtreme
    Quote Originally Posted by Knight View Post
    I used that tool on the first page to make my flash drive bootable. (cool tool)

Should I just extract the id:11 BIOS onto the the flash drive?
    Do I need to use the steps that you wrote on page 16? (about boot block and /py /sn /WB /cd /cp /cc /CKS)

Thanks

yes, put the bios on the USB drive along with the booting files.

you can use the "runme.bat" and then edit: "Abitfae.bat" with those switches...important to include all those switches...it doesn't matter if you use caps or lower case for any of the commands, or, the order of switches...make sure you transfer those "Bat" files along with "awdflash.exe" onto the USB thumb-drive.

AND..NO OVERCLOCKING...also, set your memory voltage appropriately..if it needs 2.1v...set that before flashing

Xtreme Addict
    yes, put the bios on the USB drive along with the booting files.

you can use the "runme.bat" and then edit: "Abitfae.bat" with those switches...important to include all those switches...it doesn't matter if you use caps or lower case for any of the commands, or, the order of switches...make sure you transfer those "Bat" files along with "awdflash.exe" onto the USB thumb-drive.

AND..NO OVERCLOCKING...also, set your memory voltage appropriately..if it needs 2.1v...set that before flashing
    May I just ask what are the booting file? Is it just the .bat files? Sorry to be noob on you.

I am Xtreme
    if you used the program to make your USB thumb-drive as a bootable drive, then, the booting files should already be on there...now...all you add is the two "bat".."awdflash.exe" and the "BIN" file...that's it!

Xtreme Addict
    if you used the program to make your USB thumb-drive as a bootable drive, then, the booting files should already be on there...now...all you add is the two "bat".."awdflash.exe" and the "BIN" file...that's it!
    Cool!

Thank you. I will hopefully post back with luck.

EDIT: But is it ok if the "bootfile" folder is empty?

NVM: Even though the drive has no folders in it, it still uses up 314kb. Something is in there.
    Last edited by Knight; 08-17-2007 at 09:56 PM.

I am Xtreme
    My specs are listed in sig allready! A possible explanation of what not to set to high and some pointers lets say starting off at 3.1-3.2ghz and a little bit of info on say these settings will do you until about this high above that you need to focus on this that the other thing . I mean I will learn as I go and I don't want you to O.C my rig for me and all just some pointers so I do not do any damage to Raid Controller and what not. I ask you because you have a Q6600 and a Areca Card

I want to see what this Q6600 has to give seeing how ultimately I will keep it at 3.4ghz but I do want to play with my new stuff I am sure you understand
    you are to fearful about overclocking and what you will do to the board or cpu...

1st thing you do, is my heatpipe mod.

2nd, start conservatively with the overclock..take it up to around 350 FSB without any adjustment of the voltages...from there, you are on your own...i can not tell you what to set because your board and hardware are going to be different than mine...good luck!

EDIT: is that a TEC cooler you have!?..if so, get rid of it!...worthless with a quad core!...go air or water.
    Last edited by Ace-a-Rue; 08-17-2007 at 09:57 PM.

I am Xtreme
    Cool!

Thank you. I will hopefully post back with luck.

EDIT: But is it ok if the "bootfile" folder is empty?

NVM: Even though the drive has no folders in it, it still uses up 314kb. Something is in there.
    LOL...YES!...you poor soull!..learning on the go!

Xtreme Addict
    May I ask what to use as the boot order? It just wont boot from the flash drive. (USB-FDD and USB-ZIP don't work. ) Would it be floppy? None seem obvious to me.
    Last edited by Knight; 08-17-2007 at 10:15 PM.

I am Xtreme
    May I ask what to use a the boot order? It just wont boot from the flash drive.

the USB drive is considered or looked upon as a regular drive...you will need to go into the bios and select it to the top of the list for booting priority!

this is besides you selecting the "hard drive" as the top priority for booting...default has the "floppy" as 1st choice!

good night!

Xtreme Addict
    the USB drive is considered or looked upon as a regular drive...you will need to go into the bios and select it to the top of the list for booting priority!

this is besides you selecting the "hard drive" as the top priority for booting...default has the "floppy" as 1st choice!

good night!
    Good night and thank you for all the great help.

D.F.I Pimp Daddy
    you are to fearful about overclocking and what you will do to the board or cpu...

1st thing you do, is my heatpipe mod.

2nd, start conservatively with the overclock..take it up to around 350 FSB without any adjustment of the voltages...from there, you are on your own...i can not tell you what to set because your board and hardware are going to be different than mine...good luck!

EDIT: is that a TEC cooler you have!?..if so, get rid of it!...worthless with a quad core!...go air or water.

No I am not fearful of Overclocking actually I am quite good at it! I just have not owned a Abit Board before and some settings are not familliar to me on the IP35 Intel Bios because I have only used two Intel board since C2D D.F.I Infinity (POS) and the EVGA 680I another POS!

Actually the TEC cooler aint too bad @3.2ghz Q6600 I peak around 64-66c Full swing 8hrs on Prime which I would say is pretty good for my Wimpy TEC

I plan on getting a really good water system from Newls1 when I have the money..cough ...cough...that is unless you wish to further the cause
    SuperMicro X8SAX
    Xeon 5620

Xtreme Addict

New Bios...

Observation...

It works fine, OC is the same as previous version but "Wacks Temps"... Makes you feel like you have some kind of "Super Cooling".

Regards-
    Asus P8P67-M Pro - Bios 413
    i7-2600K LO41C106
    Cooler Master V8 - Antec 180 Mini
    G.SKILL Ripjaws X Series 8GB (2 x 4GB)
    Sissy OC - 4.6 @ 1.3175 24/7 | 18' Idle - 55' Load
    Windows 7 MS Is Getting Better...

Personal Site!

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Heidfirst View Post
    is that really an actual 0.13V droop from idle to load or a combination of the initial value not being what is set in the BIOS plus a droop for idle to load?
    0.13V from indicated BIOS value to uGuru sensor whilst under load.

Quote Originally Posted by Ace-a-Rue
    droop is normal for all boards...that is by intel design...they allow for droop...my droop under load is around 0.08 to 0.09v...you might have a 12v rail problem.
    Yeah I thought the same thing about the +12V rail. Tried on three PSU's:
    1> Silverstone ST85F (70A +12V)
    2> Hiper Type-M 720W (brand new; 56A)
    3> Corsair 620W (also brand new; 50A)

All give identical results.

i tell you right now..you are running to tight of memory settings for DDR-1100...you might think of boosting your Vdimm to 2.4v to see if that helps...OR...raise your timing to 5-5-5 with 2.2v...performance is barely going to change by jumping to 5-5-5.
    Sorry, I didn't really make myself clear in the post.

My system goes from completely stable @ 1100 4-4-4 2.2V (4xMemTest in windows, MemTest86+ in "dos" etc) to unstable @ 533 5-5-5 2.2V or anything in-between and then back again to stable again for no particular reason. Many times I've come back in the morning to find it sitting @ BSOD, reboot once and it will say that registry is corrupt; power off system, wait 30 seconds, power it back on, and it'll happily run MemTest and boot windows etc. +1 confused. I've tried the BIOS resetting etc that someone mentioned over @ forums.uabit but to no avail.

Currently running 24/7 @ 1028 4-4-4-9 2.25V. Well trying to run 24/7, it BSOD's every now and then for fun

Unfortunately I don't have a 40mm fan on hand, i'll have to look into that

Someone later in the thread was asking if hot PWMs held back anyones OC, the answer is "YES". PWM's are "rated" at 135C, fine, but then the mobo sensor must be next to a PWM that is adequately connected to the HS, and another one isn't. My board is consistent, Primes happily up to ~84~85C PWM and BSOD/restart.

t
    Last edited by taemun; 08-17-2007 at 11:25 PM.

Page 62 of 313 FirstFirst ... 12525960616263646572112162 ... LastLast