Thread: Celeron + bearlake = trouble ??

Xtreme Member

Celeron + bearlake = trouble ??

Hey guys,

straight to the point.
    Ive bought my self a gigabyte p35 ds3p today because i've read a lot about it and i wasnt happy with the n650 version. But because i dont have a lot of $ atm I'm stuck with a celeron d 347 ( wich worked perfectly on the n650 ) it's capable of doing 5,3 on boxed cooler. I've installed everything check it twice and booted it. The problem now is it keeps rebooting, run's for 10 sec and reboots. I looked it over on the gigabyte website and it says 533 mhz fsb cpu's n/a. Is there any way i could get this to work ?? the chip has a multi of 23 and a fsb of 533.
    thnx

LyP0

Memory Addict
    If your P35 is anything like Asus P5K Deluxe then only 800FSB bus speed and above cpus are supported http://i4memory.com/showthread.php?p...ed=1#post65943

533FSB aren't supported.
    ---

Xtreme Member
    I know that's what iv'e typed. my question is there a possibility that i can get this celly to work on this mb. some kind of fsb and voltage pin mod. iv'e read something about this on a french oc'ers forum but i dont understand french :S

Xtreme Member
    If you look at Asus' CPU support list for the P5K deluxe (which is the same chipset family) you will notice that there are NO 533fsb bus CPU's at all being mentioned as supported. Only the 800fsb celerons are mentioned as supported.

Oops, must learn to read everything..... I don't think it would vaguely be worth the hassle. If you could get the machine stable enough to up the voltage to the CPU in the bios then perhaps (unlikely that you will boot her stably at 4Ghz without a voltage increase, viscious circle), but you can get a better chip DIRT CHEAP.
    Last edited by Mr Footlong; 06-06-2007 at 12:05 PM.

Xtreme Member
    i know that it's stable at 200x23= 4600 mhz with 1.425-1.45 volts. so if i could get the vcore up to this level it should boot at 200x23 right ? the situation is like this i bought a dewar and a cpu tube ( costs a lot of money, especialy if your a student) thought the cely would hold me over until 22 juli ( cheap quads ).

found a voltage pin mod but i just dont know what the hell my stock voltage is, intel website only tells me 1.25-1.3 volts max. So i think im gonna try this tomorrow but im still looking for a fsb mod, i remeber there was a pin combo that caused to boot 533mhz cpu's @ at 800mhz fsb. It was used during the time of the petium d 805. any one know where to find it ?? google cant find it or i'm just to stupid to type in the right search paramters.
    Last edited by LyP0; 06-06-2007 at 04:49 PM.