Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: New OCLabs TOP UV for DDC 1T/1TPLUS

maximum head is around 4,68m that equival to 14,7~15,09 Ft
    if i have corrects data

Banned
    I remember way back before the alpha and Petra top there was the Radiical top for the DDC. The big problem with it was that the outlet hole was too big and did not generate enough head pressure. I think people moved on the later tops for this reason when the Storm was in fashion due to its high pressure drop.

As noted in earlier posts, the outlet hole does appear to look large.

Chasing After Diety
    Quote Originally Posted by Pete View Post
    Storm need presure not flow

SO does every other block going

The OC lab only did well on flow from what i remeber.

Nice clean simple block it is, just need that twsit but there are other factors which are putting me off ever running it which i don't think Nikos is awear of at all
    ^ i trust pete when it comes to DDC's

But my RD-30 can piss further then any of his single DDC-2.
    Nadeshiko: i7 990 12GB DDR3 eVGA Classified *In Testing... Jealous? *
    Miyuki: W3580 6GB DDR3 P6T-Dlx
    Lind: Dual Gainestown 3.07
    Sammy: Dual Yonah Sossoman cheerleader. *Sammy-> Lind.*

[12:37] skinnee: quit helping me procrastinate block reviews, you asshat. :p
    [12:38] Naekuh: i love watching u get the firing squad on XS
    Its my fault.. and no im not sorry about it either.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Snyxxx View Post
    I remember way back before the alpha and Petra top there was the Radiical top for the DDC. The big problem with it was that the outlet hole was too big and did not generate enough head pressure. I think people moved on the later tops for this reason when the Storm was in fashion due to its high pressure drop.

Exactly what I was reffering to without trying to name names.

Quote Originally Posted by Senater_Cache View Post
    from the looks of the geometry of the outlet tube meeting the volute, I get a feeling that the performance will be lacking compared to alphacool/petra
    Well, let's see if you're right ? I don't know the exact dimensions of Petra's Top but as I've a Alpha's Top here the inside diameter is 40mm and it's the same as PlexyTop's (40mm). So, the inside diameter of the XPTop is over 42.50mm and it's about 7% more. About the XPTop performances, I don't want to say more before we put online the official article with tests and pics, by the way there is an improvement of about ~0.03bar (XPTop prototype Vs PlexyTop commercial) on the absolute pressure.

Quote Originally Posted by sick_g4m3r View Post
    i calculated that to 5.67 feet of head........

if i am wrong i am sorry, but are you kidding me?
    Probably you may have made some mistakes on your calculations because if:

1 Atm ~ 1.01325 Bar
    1 Atm ~ 10 mt ~ 1000 cm
    1 foot ~ 0.3048 mt
    1 mt ~ 3.28083 feet

then:

0.46 Bar ~ 0.4539847 Atm ~ 4.539487 mt ~ 453.9487 cm or ~14.89329 feet on a DDC v3.3/18w (prototype test)

Quote Originally Posted by Snyxxx View Post

I think that you haven't consider a little particular that can change not only your opinion but also the facts

If I'm not wrong, Radical has a "direct" outlet channel and not a variable geometry as the PlexyTop and as the new XPTop. I have spoke about this new concept in another topic in the past and I've also posted a couple of pics to explain better some things about that problem. Here is an axample:

In the R & D fase, we've make some different prototypes to examinate the industrial costs and performances. When we done all the necessary tests, we have seen that the "direct" outlet channel have had a lower flowrate and a lower pressure but it was also more noisier than other prototypes and it vibrates over three times more than the PlexyTop with the variable geometry. If i remember well, that design have had also over 150lt/h less than the PlexyTop on a DDC v3.3/10w pump.

Kind regards, Nikos
    Last edited by Nikos; 06-12-2007 at 02:52 PM.
    Nikolaos "Nikos" Kavvadias - OCLabs products designer.

Banned
    Nikos,

Thanks for the better pictures showing the outlet path. I have not seen detailed pictures showing this. I will be watching for your results.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12