Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Clorox aka Harpic Update

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by IanY View Post

As per Aussie Jester, I used less than a 2% concentration and there wasn't the faintest hue of blue.
    exactly mate :-) Using it in large quantities as Perfection has it will eat through the seals long before you need worry abut it messing with the copper, interested in how you go if you drop it to 1% to Ian :-) Dunno if i mentioned before, I'm using Milton now, its a solution available from most supermarkets here a capful treats 2litres of water it is sold for cleaning baby bottles works a treat at keeping the nasties at bay shall be ripping the waterblock down in a week or so when i change to another case so will see then how its affected the copper, looking through the clear plexi top though looks as clean as the day i made it ;-)

Perfection perhaps try your "experiment" again using the mix suggested and see how it turns out :-)

EDIT: Regarding the tap water i use, we do have very good quality drinking water here in the the Perth hills i certainly wouldnt advocate the use of tap water for everyone, if your hard up put a few plastic containers outside next time it rains and use the water collected ;-)
    Last edited by AussieJester; 05-29-2007 at 10:07 PM.

Xtreme Enthusiast
    Hey AJ, good to find you made it to this thread here.

The main reason I added the Harpic was to get the nice blue colour like the PT nuke.

Australia don't stock any cheap blue additive like petra and I heard about AJ's Harpic additive so I tried it, I was getting paranoid and decided to run tests and that's what I came out with.

I used Harpic for looks... if you aren't getting any colour into your water, I reckon its best not to use it at all and use distilled water by itself.

I dunno what was wrong with my copper sheet metal but my storm's base never turned into that colour.

And besides, its not a proper watercooling additive so I feel safer using an additive designed for watercooling systems, I went off ordering a few bottles of G11, these should last me some time

and I'm in the country now, so we have bore water and rain water in our tanks, these should be just about as good as distilled water
    My Rig

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 L626A175 3GHZ 1.30V real
    RAM: Crucial Ballistix PC2-8500 stock speed and timings
    Motherboard: Asus P5E X38 333MHZ FSB x9 multi
    Video: Gigabyte 8800GTS 320mb stock speeds
    Soundcard Creative Soundblaster Audigy 2 ZS
    Hard Drives Seagate 250GB 7200.10 SATAII (boot) > Samsung HD501J 500GB SATAII (Storage)
    Case: Lian Li PC-S80
    Powersupply: Corsair HX620W 620watt
    Optical: Samsung SH-S182D DVDRW 18x
    Monitor: Asus MW221U 22" LCD
    Mouse: Logitech CF G7
    Keyboard: Logitech G15
    Speakers: Logitech Z5500

The water cooling

CPU waterblock: Swiftech Apogee (original with custom top and mounting plate)
    GPU waterblock: EK FC8800GTS Acrylic
    Pump: Laing D5 Vario "3" speed setting
    Radiator: Swiftech MCR220 w/ 120mm Yate Loons D12SM-12 running at 7V
    Resevoir - Swiftech MCRES Micro - Pentison G11

Xtreme Legend
    perfection so what was your percentage mix for those tests??????
    Team.AU
    Got tube?
    GIGABYTE Australia
    Need a GIGABYTE bios or support?

You added Harpic so that you could get a "nice blue colour" ?

Quote Originally Posted by dinos22 View Post
    perfection so what was your percentage mix for those tests??????
    I'd also be interested in the precise recipe.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12