Thread: How to achieve 7v

Question How to achieve 7v

I am aware that a potentiometer can be used to split voltage, however I am having trouble grasping what parts or arrangment needs to be done in order to allow a fans voltage to be adjustable. I.E. I can turn a nob and get a range from 14v to 5v If this is possible i would love to hook it up to my fan arrays.
    Right now I am using 3 Yate Loon Lows they are rated at 12v .3amp startup, How should I arrange my components/wiring to achieve a adjustable setup.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of dialup, I will fear no lag: for thou art with me; thy lights and thy bandwidth they comfort me. Thou preparest a website before me in the presence of mine boredom: thou anointest my ports with data; my hard drive runneth over. Surely fast surfing and low access rates shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of cisco systems for ever.
    If one more person posts an analogy involving a CD left on a table in a public place, I will club this baby seal to death.

Web Creators Call Internet Outdated
    The internet appeared very upset upon hearing this news and responded as it often does to most criticisms:

STFU n00b
    "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—Try to take over the world."
    Pinky and the Brain aired their last episode on September 28, 1998.

Google was founded September 7, 1998.

Coincidence? I think not.

Xtreme Addict
    Quote Originally Posted by jtok202 View Post
    I am aware that a potentiometer can be used to split voltage, however I am having trouble grasping what parts or arrangment needs to be done in order to allow a fans voltage to be adjustable. I.E. I can turn a nob and get a range from 14v to 5v If this is possible i would love to hook it up to my fan arrays.
    Right now I am using 3 Yate Loon Lows they are rated at 12v .3amp startup, How should I arrange my components/wiring to achieve a adjustable setup.
    If you don't have a fan controller, then you can just use the 12v and 5v lines.
    MM Extended U2-UFO CYO (Duality front, Standard back, Horizontal Mobo brace) Anodized Black || eVGA X58 || Intel i7 920 || 6 GB Corsair Dominator PC3-12800|| eVGA 295GTX || Asus Xonar Essence STX || VisionTek 650 TV Tuner || 1 300GB WD Velociraptor || 1TB WD's Black Ed. || LG 22X DVD-Writer || Lite-On 20x DVD-Writer || Corsair CMPSU-1000HX PSU

CPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Swiftech GTZ -> Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

GPU Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> (Koolance VID-NX295 FC block) ->Thermochill PA120.3 (Push: 3 Scythe S-Flex G)

Chipset Loop: DDC-2 w/ XSPC Reservoir Top -> Alphacool Silentstar Dual HD waterblock enclosure -> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 MOSFET-> Bitspower Black Freezer eVGA x58 NB -> Thermochill PA120.2 (Pull: 2 Scythe S-Flex G)

2 x Dell 2408FPW LCD || Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 || Logitech G9 Mouse || Logitech G15 LCD Keyboard || Logitech Quickcam Ultravision || Sennheiser Headphones

Missing the question

I am asking how to do this not just that its possible I understand that it is possible using the 12v and 5v in some way but I'm asking for a way to make a fan controller circuit without having to buy the fan Controller because I would rather have a nob to control the power on top of my case and not in yet another 5 1/2 " bay I already have all of my bays full.
    Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of dialup, I will fear no lag: for thou art with me; thy lights and thy bandwidth they comfort me. Thou preparest a website before me in the presence of mine boredom: thou anointest my ports with data; my hard drive runneth over. Surely fast surfing and low access rates shall follow me all the days of my life: and I will dwell in the house of cisco systems for ever.
    If one more person posts an analogy involving a CD left on a table in a public place, I will club this baby seal to death.

Web Creators Call Internet Outdated
    The internet appeared very upset upon hearing this news and responded as it often does to most criticisms:

STFU n00b
    "The same thing we do every night, Pinky—Try to take over the world."
    Pinky and the Brain aired their last episode on September 28, 1998.

Google was founded September 7, 1998.

Coincidence? I think not.