Thread: Buy Asus P5K-dlx or keep P5B Dlx ?

Xtreme Addict

Red face Buy Asus P5K-dlx or keep P5B Dlx ?

As the title states, i m again in a bit of confusion,

I m a very happy user of a Asus P5B deluxe MB for a few month now, but just for more features n OCing i was thinking of upgrading to P5K,

I have the cash that i saved up for buying a Stacker STC-T01.

But is it really worth upgrading for OCing? or is it basically the same mobo with a few extra features, thats it ?

Help me out

TIA
    ANP !!!
    Sound: Asus Essense ST | Wharfedale Diamond 9.1 | Norge 2060 Stereo amp | Wharfedale SW150 sub (coming soon)
    Camera Gear: Canon 6D | Canon 500D | Canon 17-40L | Canon 24-105L | Canon 50mm f1.4 | Canon 85mm f1.8 | Rokinon 14mm f2.8 | Sigma 10-20EX HSM | Benro A3580F + Vanguard SBH250 | Bag full of filters and stuff

Wanna look under my kilt?
    I`m more or less in the same boat... I say stick with the P5B IF you are using a Dual, but move to the P5K if you're using a Quad, or plan a move soon
    Quote Originally Posted by T_M View Post
    Not sure i totally follow anything you said, but regardless of that you helped me come up with a very good idea....
    Quote Originally Posted by soundood View Post
    you sigged that?

why?
    ______

Sometimes, it's not your time. Sometimes, you have to make it your time. Sometimes, it can ONLY be your time.

Xtreme Member
    Quote Originally Posted by ANP !!! View Post
    As the title states, i m again in a bit of confusion,

I m a very happy user of a Asus P5B deluxe MB for a few month now, but just for more features n OCing i was thinking of upgrading to P5K,

I have the cash that i saved up for buying a Stacker STC-T01.

But is it really worth upgrading for OCing? or is it basically the same mobo with a few extra features, thats it ?

Help me out

TIA
    ANP !!!

IF YOU ARE GOING FOR fsb, go FOR IR
    p35 IS THE kING OF fsb NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Xtreme Member
    Since you're happy with the P5B there's no point in upgrading... for now anyway. X38 will come soon, or maybe a killer DFI P35 mobo just in time for Yorkfield, who knows...
    Docendo discimus (lat.)

Xtreme Addict
    to reach high FSB get DFI Dark Infinity P965S or GA-P35T-DQ6 (i get the link from Intel Forum).

Sorry for my bad English

My vote would be on the P5K Deluxe if your changing to quad in the near future. Otherwise if your happy with your P5B and dual core, you might as well keep your current setup.